Myplanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Myplanet Interview Questions

Interviews at Myplanet

Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Overal an ok first call. I did not pass the first round and I found the caliber of the behavioural questions lower than what I expected from a forward thinking agency which really deflated my excitement. "What would you improve about yourself", "tell me about a time ...". Felt more like I was getting interviewed by a big bank. More importantly it was communicated that there will be a feedback regardless of the result which was not the case.

Senior Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2019.

Interview

+ Applied online,
    + Remote interview with Sr and Intermediate Product Strategist - direct questions on Product, How to manage engagements, team, prioritization, frameworks
    + In Person interview with Product Strategist Lead and Sr Product Strategist - series of 25 questions peppered based on a case presented at the start. The interviewers expect a specific ans to a broader question.

Both the discussions where more one way, vs. conversational style which is the way I prefer especially for Senior Roles. At multiple times during the interview I felt like I was talking just to myself.

They are a Professional Services company and coming from a similar background I found the process absurd where interviewers are writing notes in their laptop, acting more of scribe vs. interviewers.

Office is beautiful and cozy! Recruitment coordinator is on top of the game to schedule interviews. Goodie bag is given to candidate, I guess that is needed after such an interview!

Interview Questions

• What do you do to balance Quality vs. OnTime delivery in an engagement?   Answer Question
    • Based on the case study, what is the first step you would take? Who would you coordinate? What are you assumptions?   Answer Question
    • Why MyPlanet? What this role?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Myplanet in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by the associate director. Very unpleasant and unprofessional person. Asked a bunch of questions relating to my ability to give input without prompting. They basically want someone who can translate insights they generate into business actions. Be prepared to give examples.
    Did not contact me to say I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you offered insights to the business   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

I got the phone call request right after(only in a day) submitted application. (pretty fast.) I chose to interview a week later. They arrange a Director, Software Engineering to interview me.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

I applied for a Director level role at MyPlanet and received an email within a couple days asking to find out more about me. The email talked about 3 key traits the company looks for and asked that I write about them and send links on how each one applies to me.

This was surprising to see. I felt this was quite impersonal especially for a more senior role in business development. The internal HR person who reached out seems quite young and perhaps this is the way they like to recruit, however this came off as quite unprofessional. A phone call certainly seems more professional, but perhaps this is a lost art.

I declined to proceed to the next step.

Events & Advocate Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

Lengthy - odds are you will be involved in more than one interaction with company to make their decision. This may involve in person challenges, questions via email (with pictures if possible), phone interviews and in person interviews. If you are hired you will understand the importance of this structure as they want to ensure that the culture they have worked so hard to create stays in tack. Additionally they want to make sure that you have the right skills to take ownership of your role in this different company structure.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the potential of wearing multiple hats in your role?   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted a month or two after my initial application and asked to indicate a time for a first telephone call with one of their interaction designers. I replied immediately and scheduled a call for the following week using their online booking system, to which I quickly received a confirmation.

I missed the initial call due to a problem with my phone but thankfully the interviewer, Lailee, called me back a few minutes later. The interview left a very good impression on me. Lailee framed the interview as a conversation between two designers and I felt that she really wanted to connect with me as an individual- this was a refreshing change from the HR screeners I was used to; no canned questions, very organic conversation with someone who knows the job. She did a great job of describing the role, projects, and team dynamics, and was very transparent about their hiring process (telephone interview, on-site interview, design challenge).

I was contacted at the start of the following week to visit their offices for a second interview and to meet the rest of the team. Unfortunately at this point I had already accepted an offer from another company with whom I was much further along in the hiring process.

Based on my experience MyPlanet seems like a great company to work for, with interesting projects, an experienced team and very good employee benefits and professional development programs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most complicated project you have ever worked on. Explain the methods you used and the process you went through...   1 Answer

Myplanet Response

13 Jun 2019 – Content & Community Strategy

Wow! What a thoughtful review, thank you. Really appreciate you taking the time to detail how the experience of interviewing with us went for you. Most of our team members are involved in the interview process at one time or another, and it’s great to hear when they knock it out of the park on making the experience pleasant and welcoming. Who knows, maybe someday down the line we’ll connect up again! Best of luck in your new role.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Myplanet in March 2019.

Interview

Like most interviews, you start out with a phone call. This was probably one of the most unpleasant phone interviews I've had in my recent job search, and it's unfortunate to say when almost every other review here is praising this company.

The interview starts out fairly normally. The interviewer introduced themselves and told me a bit about what Myplanet does. The conversation then flips to you, you talk a bit about yourself, and after that, the interviewer then begins to dissect any possible slight in your application. It felt as if they were trying to find every reason not to hire the person they were talking to. The interviewer was reviewing my resume and proceeded to state:

"I see you do have an educational background in X from Y university, which is great, but you don't have a degree in computer science"

I then explained in short that I have the relevant experience that the job description provided (because if I didn't, I wouldn't be having this phone interview in the first place). If there is such a bias to NOT having a computer science degree for a digital agency, please make it explicit because "A degree in a related discipline preferable" is frankly too vague.

Shortly after, the interviewer asks to rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 on the technologies involved in the job. I'm not sure how a 5 point scale indicates anything of anyone's expertise, and I am not sure how it's better than asking how the interviewee solved a problem in their career with the technologies in question, but I threw out some arbitrary numbers for this arbitrary scale.

We then come across a technology that I have the least experience in compared to the others mentioned prior in this arbitrary ranking system. I believe that I understand how it works, I told the interviewer earlier that I have been using it when we were going over my experience, and it's something I am trying to improve. The interviewer then proceeds to ask:

"On a scale of 1-5, how comfortable are you with X technology? If you're too embarrassed to say it, we can just move on to the next question"

The moment I heard the word "embarrassed" I lost all interest in even wanting to work for Myplanet, but I went through with the interview anyway because I was shocked. I told him a number because at this point it didn't matter, it was obvious that this interviewer had no interest in moving my application forward.

After that, he then proceeds to ask me some JavaScript questions that anyone with a couple of months experience should be able to answer.

After, I ask the interviewer some questions. Turns out they've only been there for not even 2 months at the time of the interview, and they don't like that the company uses both Skype and Slack. They mentioned at the end of the call, that they would get back to me by the end of the week (they did), and as expected, it was a no.

tl;dr Interviewer tells you a bit about Myplanet. The interviewer then tries to find flaws in your application. The interviewer then rates your skills on a 1-5 scale, and if they think you're bad at a skill, they'll explicitly consider your embarrassment and try to move forward with some JS questions that don't indicate a developers skill at all.

If you're a developer looking for work, you can find a better company that has a better recruiting practice, and you'll find an interviewer who represents their company far better than whoever represented Myplanet for me that day.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

6 May 2019 – CTO

We are very sorry your interview experience was so stressful and unpleasant. Triggering such experiences is totally contrary to our values. As you may have noticed, one of our values is Humanity and all Myplaneteers should be practicing it, irrespective of their length of service within the organization.

We tend to ask candidates about their educational background and work experience to understand how they came to be in the position they are today, not to undervalue diversity in education or experience, which we actively seek. We also often ask candidates to self-assess their relative strengths and areas of growth related to technology we use as it provides another input to further conversation about those topics balanced against their depth of understanding and comfort with each topic.

We apologize the choice of words during your interview were not in line with our intentions and appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. If you have more to share or change your mind about Myplanet in the future I’d love to have a chance to reconnect, my email is yashar@myplanet.com.

Sincerely,
    Yashar Rassoulli, CTO

Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a positive experience in the interviewing process but I didn't get an offer. I connected to a Myplanet employee through LinkedIn then it was followed by an informational interview. A couple of days after, I was asked to have an on-site interview. The interview was a case based, along with a series of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• You are hired to build a mobile App, how you will prepare for the first meeting with the client? What questions to ask during the meeting?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing to convey to a development team about a new feature? And what questions to ask?   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen : Could be an hour. This considers how confident you are on your technology stack. Evolution on Will you be a great team player?
    Identifies area of interests other than the current profile
    Technical Round : At least group of two will screen your practical experience by stressing more about practical issues and the solutions we derives
    Team Round : Group of different stream personnel will look through skill to judge the ability of communication and moving along with the team
    CTO discussion : Mix of technical and confidence evolution

Interview Questions

• Relevant to automation setup and managing work load in agile process   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.