NHS Interview Questions in Birmingham, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at NHS

2.8

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England).

Interview

Applied for STP in 2019. Had to complete online tests first, was then sent an invite to interview with a choice of times. The interview itself was very intense, was interviewed overall by 8 scientists, 2 at a time in a speed dating format. There were quite a few questions I was not expecting, and the time pressure added to the intensity but I still really enjoyed the whole experience

Medical Laboratory Assistant - Specimen Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Panel interview (3 people), recruiting manager, director and lab personal, scenario based questions plus competency based questions, provided right answers after your answer if you got it wrong.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient called and asked about the progress with the sample and results?   1 Answer
    • Who does the standard operating procedures benefit the most?   1 Answer

Assistant Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Redditch, England) in December 2019.

Interview

They weren’t interested in me at all, i prepared well, I really wanted to get this job as i had a load of experience and qualifications of it. They didn’t even ask me why I applied for this job , or any question except which hearing aids have I been dealing with?
    I have never met so disinterested people like them.
    It tok 10 minutes, and was obvious they got hired someone else from the first 3minutes.
    I don’t know why you will be shortlisted if they have someone to fill this job. I traveled 6hours to get there for one question....

Interview Questions

• Which hearing aid have I been dealing with?
      Regarding i had a lot of experience in this field they asked me am I aware of my limitations in this workplace ?( because i have been an audiologist before, so this position can be frustrating for me )
      I said of course I know but it isn’t disturb me at all i am aware of my limitations because of I applied for this job. I know that very well i need to start my journey from the beginning.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after closing date was offered an interview online.. Had to confirm my attendance. Was then interviewed by 2 staff members. Had a simple English and maths test.

Healthcare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Newcastle, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Had to do Numeracy/Literacy, IT, Telephone and Aptitude tests. They were much easier than I thought they would be. Basic Numeracy/Literacy questions. For Telephone test, had to answer a call and write down the info the person gives. IT test was basically copying/typing info from paper to computer.

IBM Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dudley, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Dudley, England).

Interview

Applied through my university
    Sent my cover letter and CV through university after passing initial mock interview stage at university (due to competitiveness).
    The interview consisted of a 15 min tour of the lab and you were able to ask questions about tests and analysers they used.
    The the second part is your standard interview against a panel of 3 interviewers.
    Got accepted and also passed my registration portfolio at the end of the placement year.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Leamington Spa, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Royal Leamington Spa, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Arrived at the reception and was asked to follow them to the interview room, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The interview lasted an hour, a typing test of 8 minutes, aptitude of 10 and an interview which felt very quick as they were lovely people.

Interview Questions

• 18 week pathway   1 Answer
    • in 3 points how do you describe working as part of a team   1 Answer
    • can you tell me how you handled a difficult situation   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for the medical secretary team   1 Answer
    • what is your job history like   Answer Question

Medical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Practical test similar to university one and panel interview with different day to day questions and situations. Had about one hour conversation with members of the staf, colegues and my managers

Scientist Training Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Four interview stations asking with 10 minutes at each (very strict). Generally a friendly atmosphere and very organised set up. There was one general science, two subject specific and one general station.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England) in January 2019.

Interview

It was an online interview where they asked 12 questions. They tell you what competencies they are going to be testing you on before hand. You have 1 minute to think of what you are going to say and then 2 minutes to respond.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.