NHS England Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at NHS England

3.1

Strategic Estates Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at NHS England (Birmingham, England) in May 2020.

Interview

This was a senior post and the interview panel was Regional Directors. The interview was conducted through Microsoft Teams due to Covid. I privately hired an office suite so as not to be disturbed during the interview. I was required to do a 10 minute presentation and then there was a panel of 3 with question/ answer session for an hour. I then was invited to ask questions before the panel lead 'washed up' the interview. I had revised, studied and prepared incredibly hard to prepare for this interview. The interview went well and the experience was positive. There was a good dynamic in the exchange & I felt that I may get though to the next stage. I was told I would hear about being invited to a second stage interview (or not) in early June 2020. Unfortunately I never head anything ever again from NHS England. Despite sending two polite emails asking for feedback etc, it is as if this Team of Regional Directors disappeared late May 2020! I looked on the online NHS job system and the role disappeared too. This was therefor overall a disappointing and time wasting experience in retrospect, as I had expected to be treated reasonably and professionally, even if the role had been struck out for some reason.

Interview Questions

• The interview presentation question was: Given the impact of the last 12 months on the NHS can you talk us through what the future looks like for our Estate. Please focus on issues, risks and solutions?   Answer Question

Clerical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS England (Gloucester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Application form followed by interview. Application form was asking what set individual apart from other candidates. At the interview, they asked competency questions as well as questions surrounding NHS values.

Interview Questions

• What is safeguarding and what does it mean to you?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS England (Bristol, England) in November 2018.

Interview

I was provided with little
    imformation in advance, other than to arrive 10 minutes early to prepare for a scenario question that I would ‘present’ (really it was just another question) in the interview.

I was greeted by a panel of 2 people; a senior manager and the current holder of the role I was replacing. Both ladies were very welcoming and had a good sense of humour.

There were 10 questions with a mixture of competency, skills, and general questions.

Panel were lovely, although it felt like they were rushing me through the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about the role?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about the ‘Lived Experiences’ programme?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a significant role in running a project.   Answer Question
    • What preparation did you do for this interview? (this was an unexpected question for me!)   Answer Question
    • A senior consultant is signed off ill 30 minutes before they are due to start that day - what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Prepared Scenario: You’re asked to minute a meeting that you’ve never attended before (+ additional info). What do you do before, during and after the meeting to prepare?   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding of equality and diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question

Trainee Healthcare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS England (Manchester, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Daunting, nerve racking. English and maths test was straight forward aslong as you have an understanding of English language. Interviewers were very short and did not seem to open up much. Made me feel very uncomfortable

Senior Clinical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NHS England (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Rushed. Chair looked twice at watch. It felt pre-determined. A couple of loaded questions. Not professional. Narrow limited questions. No meaningful feedback. I won't be going back.

Interview Questions

• What key stages in your career qualify you for this job?   1 Answer

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS England (Horley, Surrey, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. There was an excel and taking minutes test which took 30 minutes to complete followed by the interview. I was then interviewed by a panel which also fairly took half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with phone calls from frustrated patients?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS England (London, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

We had to do a presentation which was prepared beforehand. And a written test, this was very clear and not demanding. Then there was a panel interview with staff from the nhs. I thought they were very thorough in their questioning.

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS England.

Interview

Applied online. before interview given a brief numerical excercise which i passed. Panel of 3 people. Quick rundown on my history and current situation. then series of competency based questions around my experience in management of staff and numbers.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS England in October 2017.

Interview

Competency based with questions on knowledge, experience and skills. Questions about what makes you best candidate for role and what is relevant experience. Also to explain some key concepts in specialism and in project management. Interview panel 3 people. Heard back 3 days later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS England (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Pre-prepared presentation and structured interview lasting 1 hour incl. 10 min presentation. Not a hostile interview, very calm and professional. No HR just key stakeholders. No surprises or trick questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.