NHS Interview Questions in Glasgow, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at NHS

2.9

Patient Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Dress appropriately
    If you haven't conducted research on the organisation, do so before going to the interview
     it is important to prepare for the day.
    Arrive at least 10 minutes before the interview
    Make eye contact with the interview panel
    Be precise
    Have questions prepared

Be positive

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about this organisation
      Tell us a bit about yourself
      What are your strengths
      What attributes can you contribute
      Do you have any holidays booked   Answer Question

Senior Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Quite a lengthy online application form followed by a face to face competency based interview with two panel members. Both were very laid back and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have shown empathy towards a colleague   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would go about developing the communications for a new policy being put in place   Answer Question

Clerical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wishaw, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Wishaw, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Very straightforward application. A week after received an email with an invitation to interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and at the beginning, I was told that it will be more informal. Unfortunately, I didn't get any formal information that I didn't get this job but after 3 weeks I just assumed that.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation when you showed compassion at work or at home.   Answer Question

Trainee Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Was emailed to select an interview slot one week after the deadline. The interview dates were 2 weeks from the application deadline. Was advised after the interview there would be a short mathematical and written test.
    On arrival, I was asked to take a seat. There were three people interviewing.
    Was advised they would be in touch by the end of the week. Called the day after to advise I apply again in future as I interviewed well.

Interview Questions

• (something like) Give an example of a time you've used expert communication skills.   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for the interview?   Answer Question
    • If successful, would you be interested in further qualifications?   Answer Question

Radiographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2019.

Interview

Competence-based questions, values-bases questions + general. Submit an online application, receive a letter with the interview date, time and location. On the interview date arrive a bit early as parking in hospitals is usually a nightmare, go to the reception desk to let them know that you arrived, wait for your turn,

Interview Questions

• Patient with dementia delivered to hospital by ambulance, can not identify themselves, no relatives with them   1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied to Glasgow Royal Infirmary and the process took about 2/3 weeks. Got called to the interview. The panel concluded of three interviewers. It was for a maternity cover and got told on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of patient confidentiality?   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

5 situational questions, very difficult and clearly designed for someone already working in this industry as the questions were mainly based around the health industry but were very specific and not general interview questions at all. Spent ages trying to answer questions and overall not a good experience

Biomedical Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I applied online and got and invitation within two weeks. I was interviewed by two ladies of the laboratory department. They were both friendly to me and made me feel relaxed and calm. The whole interview process lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situation, conflict management, what the role entails, what skills/qualities do I have that matches the job, am I open to suggestion.   1 Answer

Health Care Assistant NHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in July 2018.

Interview

Went to ward listed on the interview letter, I was invited into the interview room infront of a panel of 2 people, they proceeded to ask me questions. The interview took around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What is "Person Centred Care"?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the ward that the successful candidate will be working on?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you found a patient on the floor but no doctors or nurses were around?   Answer Question
    • There are a lot of people applying for this position; why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2017.

Interview

Apply, Letter, Interview with Minimum 3 Managers, ask variety of questions, Quality Management, Understanding if Working Laboratory, UKAS, Previous Experience, Transferrable Skills, Strengths and Weaknesses. Good Interview, questions were asked which were relevant to job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.