NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NHS Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

2.8

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barnes, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NHS (Barnes, UT (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Application submitted was selected for interview on line which I was then shirt listed and invited for an interview with two members if the said department a senior leader and what would be line manager. There was a Microsoft office test and DBS clearance to fulfill

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when I had to deal with a difficult matter with a colleague   1 Answer

Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (London, KY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a really good experience with them as they made me feel welcomed and made me feel relax. They also offer me some drink. They were friendly and polite with me. They made me feel comfortable during interview.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (DuBois, PA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (York, PA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview went fast. They were very informative and have a good overview of the job. They were dressed professionally and the environment was clean and quiet. They were friendly as well. They asked about strengths, weaknesses and how you handle stress. Also great if you mention you have patience.

Research Assistant Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Sunderland, North East England, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I arrived early, the person before me didn’t show up so I went in during their slot. There was three making up the panel, less questions than I expected, but none of them where the top 10 NHS questions, or even top 10 regular questions, so the questions they asked I wasn’t totally prepared for. One interviewer seemed very nice, polite and interested in me, the other two seemed slightly disinterested.

Got a phone call at 4pm the same day to say I had been unsuccessful, and that they thought the interview went very well but the candidate chosen had more NHS experience, but nothing was mentioned about research experience.
    This leads me to believe, like many others have mentioned, that it was an internal candidate that was promised the role and they advertised externally for legalities.

Interview Questions

• What research skills do you have that would be relevant for this post?   1 Answer
    • An example of when you’ve successfully worked as part of a team, then when you’ve worked individually?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the study(ies) you will be working on?   1 Answer

MLA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Nottingham, England).

Interview

relaxed and easy just do some research beforehand
    applied online, took 1 week then recieved an email to atten a Skills test then a week later received a phone call saying i was succesful for an interview

Interview Questions

• tell me abit about yourself?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Nottingham, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Scenario with a 10min presentation. The objective is to gain an understanding as to how you would deal with a situation. The approach/methodology and tools. i.e stakeholder engagement process, agile, modelling. Link it all to enterprise architecture and overall strategy,

Interview Questions

• Whats your understanding of the role? and how could you add value?   1 Answer
    • How you would manage conflicting stakeholder views?   1 Answer
    • Describe the different types of requirements?   1 Answer
    • Req engineering process   1 Answer
    • Do your homework?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Cardiff, Wales) in January 2020.

Interview

Two part interview, first half was given a scenario and 15 minutes to prepare. We had to explain how we would escalate staffing shortages within service.
    Second half was standard interview questions as outlined below.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the 111 model?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you have demonstrated one of the healthboards values in your role?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you have managed conflict?   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Cardiff, Wales) in January 2020.

Interview

30 minute interview with 2 NHS staff members. They didn't seem happy or friendly. The interview room was like a sauna and no windows were open. Thankfully the interview on lasted 30 mins or I would have passed out. The usual questions, why did I apply for this role? What's your best accomplishment? Give an example where you had to handle a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?

Didn't get the interview. Got the feeling that they already had someone in mind before any interviews took place.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the role? What's your best accomplishment?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.