NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NHS Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2017

2.8

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (DuBois, PA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (York, PA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview went fast. They were very informative and have a good overview of the job. They were dressed professionally and the environment was clean and quiet. They were friendly as well. They asked about strengths, weaknesses and how you handle stress. Also great if you mention you have patience.

Assistant Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Asked about the Values of the NHS Trust.
    Asked about the Job Description and what it entails
    Describe examples of how two of the Values applies to you
    Why do you want to apply for this role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

I submitted CV online, was emailed a date of a welcome day and a testing day. Once I passed these stages I was invited to an interview at the hospital.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Applied via NHS job portal. Notified of being called for interview and had to reply to say I would attend. Attended interview where there was a panel of three people. 6/7 standard questions for all interviewees.

Information Officer - Band IV Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Applied a few weeks ago, got the interview date 2 weeks in advance. Waited 5 minutes when I got there before the interview. Interview took less than an hour. Was interviewed by two employees who were incredibly friendly, one with questions from the supporting statement I had given, the other with more structured questions. They said they would let me know by tomorrow if I had the job or not.
     One of the interviewers called me at 1pm the next day to tell me I didn't have the job but suggested other areas within the organisation I should look into from the areas of interest I mentioned in the interview.

All in all, I am very impressed by how friendly and smooth the process was.

Interview Questions

• things I liked/disliked from my degree/previous employment   Answer Question
    • Asked to give examples of reporting on data I had previously done.   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Bracknell, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was an easy and pleasant interview with three members from Communications. No Hr specialist joined. First, I had 25 minute to complete a task (to write a teaser and the content for an internal newsletter). Then, the interview started and it took about 45 minutes. The questions have been really honest and easy to answer to.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want this job? What recommends you for this?
      2. Describe a job situation when you support one of your team colleagues.   Answer Question

Quality Associate Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Norwich, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly competency based and testing the knowledge in this specific area of work. The interviewers were friendly, and it lasted for about an hour. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• What personal attributes do you have that would help you in this role?   1 Answer

Administrative/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I had interview for admin/receptionist job at hospital . First they told me I have to take the test - in tray, waxed and audio typing. The lady just sat me at the desk and told me to start audio typing, no information at all how long I have to do all the task, she came back after around 8 minutes saying to close it and finish and move to Excel , after 5 mins coming back again saying it's time to move to in tray exercise.. and left .. she gave me only 2 minutes for that and came back saying : it's enough you suffer enough and it's time to go for an interview. I don't wanna mention people coming in and out office asking me to pass theirs belongings , bag etc.. worst interview experience ever.. second part was the panel interview with two ladies, they were nice asking just basics questions how would u handle difficult customer what would you do if police officer call you and want details of one of the paitients etc..

Interview Questions

• What skills would you bring how you fit person specifications   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.