NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NHS Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jan 2018

2.8

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (DuBois, PA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (York, PA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview went fast. They were very informative and have a good overview of the job. They were dressed professionally and the environment was clean and quiet. They were friendly as well. They asked about strengths, weaknesses and how you handle stress. Also great if you mention you have patience.

MLA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Derby, England).

Interview

Very short face to face interview - 15 mins, 3 people on panel.
    I was not offered a visit around the lab.
    All three panelists took it in turns to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What lab experience do you have?
      What motivates you?
      Situational questions - what will you do if there is a spill on the floor?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (London, England).

Interview

Interview and presentation asked about previous experience and roles . Asked for specific examples to demonstrate competencies. Asked about Trust values and how I would demonstrate them in my role

IT Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Leeds, England).

Interview

Interview went very well. There were 3 people interviewing me, one seem very tired and yawning all the time. They asked me kind of same questions mentioned here. All of them were reading questions from papers, so do prepare.

Interview Questions

• How you motivate your team, why you applied for Job. they also asked me what i know about NHS security standards (and 2 other questions related to NHS). And there was a test, very traditional IT questions, like what t do when computer heats up, what is difference between IP and MAC address   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

There was a 45 minutes numerical test then the interview. In the test, there were calculations regarding density of material, volume, half life of radioisotopes etc. It was a simple mathematical test so you don't actually need very specific knowledge in radiation physics to complete the test.

Then I was interviewed by 3 staff (head of radiotherapy physics and 2 clinical scientists). They each responsible for a specific set of questions (1. general questions about yourself 2. scientific questions 3. question on radiotherapy). In the interview lasted around half an hour. The staff were really nice so I didn't feel a lot of pressure during the interview. They tried to guide me through the interview if I could not answer one of the questions.

After the interview, they offered me a tour around the department and show cased one of their linear accelerators.

Graduate Management Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

It was online tests followed by an interview in Leeds. It was quite a friendly interview. They expect you be reflective of your past experiences and ask about your research into the NHS

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Process took just under 2 weeks. I applied online, had an interview 1 week after the closing date. Negative interview experience, they were not friendly or encouraging. Asked a total of 10 questions, 5 from each panel member.

Interview Questions

• All questions were scenarios. I.e. What would you do if a consultant called in sick 30 minutes before the first appointment.

How would you handle working at no permanent desk?

How would you deal with an angry patient.   Answer Question

Administrative Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a very interesting session, I just knew immediately during the interview that I got the job because the session turned out to be a chat between us. It was like getting to know me outside my CV they got.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I will prioritize my day   1 Answer
    • Was asked about data protection -Confidentiality   1 Answer
    • How would you resolve issues with a colleague, and how do you get along   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.