Find jobs for Medical Laboratory Assistant

NHS Medical Laboratory Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 802 interviews

Interviews at NHS

Positive80%
Neutral20%
Applied online100%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Galway

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS (Galway) in Sep 2021

Interview

Long recruitment period - six months One interview - competency based questions, they got back to me in less than two weeks- a successful candidate. Board members were extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you solve a problem
    Answer Question
  • If a buddy of yours had a test done and calls you for the test results what do you do?
  • Tell me about your experience
  • How do you have spillage in the laboratory
  • How do you handle conflict
  • Tell me of a time when you worked well in a team
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Sheffield, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

The Interview was over Microsoft teams with three senior biomedical scientists from the virology department. They were very friendly and introduced themselves and started by giving information about the position and then followed by asking 6 questions. The whole interview lasted around 30 minutes and I was given a verbal offer of employment the following day.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about NHS

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

NHS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of panelists online via video and they asked a series of questions. They were pleasant and the interview was straightforward and lasted 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell us a bit about yourself, your background and experience that you bring to this role.
  • 2. Why is team work important?
  • 3. What is important to know before you handle any equipment in the lab?
  • 4. What would you do if you had a spillage in the lab?
  • 6. What are the risks of handling biological samples and how do we go about reducing those risks
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Stevenage, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied online through the NHS website, I received an invitation to interview 2 weeks later. They want you to succeed in the interview, everyone was very friendly. Overall good interview

Interview Questions
  • How would your friends describe you ?
  • what do you know about the role?
  • what do you know about data protection and how do you ensure data is protected ?
  • what is your previous experience ?
  • a time when youve dealt with conflict and how would you overcome it ?
  • what can you bring to the team / personal attributes ?
  • a time when you worked well in a team
4 people found this interview helpful

NHS

Application

I interviewed at NHS

Interview

Application online followed by interview offer approximately a week after ad closes. Interview consists of one face to face interview with 2/3 members of management including short data entry test.

Interview Questions
  • Majority of questions focused on health and safety. Depending on the trust the interview can include a typing test, data entry test and chemical symbol test, all of which are fairly basic and don’t require any prep.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

Received interview invite 2 weeks after online application, and interview was a week after. Was interviewed by two Senior Biomedical Scientists and the Chief Biomedical Scientist. Interview was 30 mins long.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us briefly about your education and career to date, and why you have applied for this post
  • What do you enjoy most and least about your current job?
  • What would be expected of you in this role?
  • What is important to know before you handle any equipment in the laboratory?
  • What samples are deemed to be urgent or have short turn around times in Virology, and why do you think they are important?
  • What would you do to ensure the service levels run smoothly in periods of low staffing?
  • How would you be collaborative within the team? (Trust Value)
  • What are these risks of handling potentially infectious samples and how do we go about reducing them? What is your understanding of PPE?
  • What actions would you take if you identified a mistake within the laboratory setting?
9 people found this interview helpful

NHS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NHS in Nov 2020

Interview

Very friendly interview panel. Asked around 10 questions that lasted approx 25 minutes, which did seem quite short at the time. The virtual interview was much harder than a face-to-face interview but that was expected. Overall positive experience and will help for future interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What will you do in this role? A time you made a mistake and learnt from it?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Glasgow, Scotland) in Oct 2020

Interview

Two people in the room , one did the introduction and explained the job purpose. The second was the one asking questions: the interview process was not stressful but a bunch of questions were asked. Overall it was a good interview and they were kind. You have at least 5 questions and you have to answer all the questions. At the end they will ask you if you have any question you want to ask them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NHS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS

Interview

MLA position in the histopathology department at Wythenshawe hospital. Standard NHS application form; education, employment history, references and then a more detailed supporting information section. Interview started with a 15 minute practical assessment which involved checking filing systems for errors, checking slide labelling for matching information as well as comparing two sources of patient information and checking for errors or matching. Interview was extremely scripted. Absolutely no conversation outside of the set questions. Not much opportunity to convey background or personality.

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at NHS (Cambridge, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Very good and precise. Straight forward questions and to the point. Questions very relevant to the job. Questions were mostly based on the values of the trust. Three people panel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews