NVIDIA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NVIDIA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

1 technical phone screen with hiring manager, Recruiter was super friendly. Hiring manager was looking for many years of experience in software development. I had a lot of Deep Learning experience, but didn't seem to fit in software part of the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The overall process is quite smooth and professional, especially the recruiter. He is really a nice guy.

I applied online and one week later got a phone screen from the hiring manager.

Then there is a round of phone interview from a team member.

One week later I was invited for the onsite interview.

The onsite is pretty standard, three rounds of technical interview and lunch with the team.

Three weeks after onsite interview I am told I am not a good fit.

The overall process is quite good.

Interview Questions

• Difference between pointer and reference?   Answer Question
    • Difference between std::map and std::unorder_map. What will happen if many objects have the same hashing values?   Answer Question
    • Convolutional operation on the whiteboard. How to parallel this?   Answer Question
    • Typical OOP design problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 intro phone screening.... followed by hiring manager tech interview.
    then 4 interviews on a single day onsite.... final 2 rounds of onsite. Some algo related ques were asked... like fibonacci series. and quite a good amt of sql and few case studies- including data modelling. 1st and last round with the hiring manager. 1st round is technical and the last one mostly case studies on the related project they are planning u to hire

Interview Questions

• Some algo related ques were asked... like fibonacci series. and quite a good amt of sql and few case studies- including data modelling. 1st and last round with the hiring manager. 1st round is technical and the last one mostly case studies on the related project they are planning u to hire   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2018.

Interview

Was Phone interview with senior guy from the team I was interviewing for. Started with job description and some techical/design problem I had to solve. Then some bit ops questions. Which I am sure I did right since the interviewer seemed convinced with my explanations. Overall it felt the interview went really well from the guy's responses but then 3 days later recruiter says they won't go ahead. No feedback was shared either after asking.

Interview Questions

• Find number of set bits. Improve the complexity to number of set bits. Any other approach you could think of and which one you would use and when.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got emails from recruiter after 2 months for 3 phone interviews and then followed by 1 day onsite interview. Interview went pretty good but not sure what they are looking for. I chased recruiter several time and always got response that they will get back within week.
    Never got Yes or No. Felt bad as I wasted 2 days for them.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects I have done and from resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone screening, and one a day-long onsite interview. For the phone interview, it was simple programming and machine learning questions. For the 1-1, it was around 6 interviews, 30 min each.

Interview Questions

• Typical programming questions. A mix of algorithms and systems related types.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very fast-track due to high interest in my skills and experience. Received a phone call the next day and the screen went well, interviews were setup very quickly and some interviewers were amazed how quickly it happened.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve <blah> given x, y and z? (confidential)   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Durham, NC (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Met them at GDC after one of their presentations and talked to 3 people... they later became my coworker, boss and my boss's boss. They followed up with a phone interview, then flew me out to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Solve how to serialize and record a multithreaded graphics command pipelines to the GPU so that it can be replayed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews. Very technical .I was asked to code on collabedit. Then I was invited onsite to santa clara. 5 different interviews

had another better offer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

One full work day of ~1 hour interviews (including lunch, etc). Each interview was with a different member of the team. They asked the same typical puzzle type questions that you'll see at many tech companies, having me write small algorithms on the whiteboard to manipulate data structures and such.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.