Nacro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nacro

Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nacro (Basildon, East of England, England) in October 2018.

Interview

two managers asking a series of questions that they had devised as relevant to the job role that they wanted to fill. Such as my previous experience with working with young adults. How long I had worked with challenging clients and what I thought I could bring to the role.

Interview Questions

Nacro Response

6 Jan 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nacro (Peterborough, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Disorganised and very unprofessional. Asked me to prepare a presentation lasting 15 min. At the interview they said I only had to deliver the presentation if I was short listed and they changed the length to 30 mins. Very rude, at both interviews. I could go on and on......

Interview Questions

Nacro Response

19 Jul 2018 – Recruitment Manager

I am so sorry to hear of your recent interview experience with Nacro. We take all feedback very seriously and I have made the Faculty Manager aware of your experience. Nacro prides itself on it professionalism at all times and it appears on this occasion we have fallen short. Further training and coaching will be given to our managers based on the feedback you have given. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please do not let this experience deter you from applying for future positions with us.

Project Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nacro.

Interview

Applied, then got an email saying I was invited to an interview. The interview was competency based. The questions were long, consisted of several parts and I often had to ask them to repeat themselves as I did not feel like the questions made sense.

Interview Questions

Nacro Response

24 Nov 2017 – HR Project Manager

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. We are currently training all managers so similar experiences don't happen to other candidates.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nacro (Southampton, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone discussion, panel interviews, Tour, data exercise on 1 day followed by a telephone call and an invitation to an informal meeting with the director on the second day. The offer was made hnd discussion of terms and contract with negotiation.

Interview Questions

Nacro Response

12 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our interview process. You feedback is much appreciated.

Resourcing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nacro in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a Recruiter asking if I had already spoken with her colleague about the post I had applied for, I advised that I hadn't and was informed that I had been shortlisted for interview, a confirmation email arrived 2 days before the interview date.
    I arrived early and was kept waiting for almost 15 minutes after the appointed time, I did receive an apology whilst being lead into the meeting room where I was introduced to the second interviewer.
    I was informed about the role, then advised how the interview would be structured starting with a run through my CV I was asked if I had any questions to which I replied not at the moment.
    My CV was not mentioned, it was straight to the competency questions and this is when I felt the interview start to go downhill.
    I have spent the best part of the last few months in interviews and been asked numerous competency questions, however on this occasion I had to keep asking for the questions to be repeated as I was confused by the wording and how they were put across, it felt as though the interviewers were not altogether confident about the actual interviewing process which in turn made me feel that I was talking gibberish and I couldn't get my points across clearly.
    It didn't help that as I was attempting to answer a question, I was interrupted and asked about something remembered from my CV
    I knew when I was leaving that I had not secured the role as I was not asked for the previously requested paperwork which I had completed. My feeling was compounded when I did not receive feedback the next day as advised.
    I received a call a couple of days later from the Recruiter who informed me that the interviewers felt that I had not answered their questions and had been too general with my responses.
    Initially I was offended that my failure to get through the interview was laid at my door, however on reflection I believe that the interviewers are clearly not as skilled as the people I have been interviewed by over the last few months...

Interview Questions

• Unable to provide an example as the questions were not clear and did not seem to relate specifically to the role.   Answer Question

23 Oct 2017 – HR Project Manager

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. We are currently going through a process to train all managers so similar experiences don't happen to other candidates- so we really are taking your feedback on board.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nacro.

Interview

After applying, I was invited for an interview within a week by e-mail and given a set time/date in the invite. I had to complete a DBS declaration and bring proof of right to work. I wrote a statement to show how I met the person specification, which the interview panel had during the interview along with my CV. The interview consisted of three managers who asked a series of questions in turn. They were looking for examples and asked for some more information at times. They wrote down notes on a form and said they would score them afterwards to help them make a decision. Know the job description, because some of the questions were based on it and they were looking for examples to demonstrate this. There were about 8 or 9 questions. There was then a task to complete which was a scenario on how you might handle a situation and they said this would be scored separately to the questions. They were open to questions at the end and discussed notice periods, travel, holiday etc. I was contacted by the end of the week for a final decision by phone but also had an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• What skills and qualities do you consider to be important for the role.   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult situation including prioritising deadlines   Answer Question
    • There was a question around safeguarding, your experiences and how you would handle a situation.   Answer Question

24 Nov 2017 – HR Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Nacro. We appreciate the feedback.

Project Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rhyl, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nacro (Rhyl, Wales) in March 2012.

Interview

Structured, straight forward questions in the three man panel. Approximately 6 questions asked but was very friendly. Was informed straight away when i would be contacted. Interview lasted approximately 50 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us time when you have supported somebody who has resisted change.   Answer Question

24 Nov 2017 – HR Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Nacro. We appreciate the feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.