Nalco Champion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nalco Champion Interview Questions

Interviews at Nalco Champion

2.7

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Champion.

Interview

Phone- Interview and then I was hired

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy but interesting. The company flew me to regional center for third step in the process. The whole thing was customer focussed. The company leans towards allowing its leader to be innovative.

Interview Questions

Still waiting to hear back

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Little Rock, AR (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Two interviewers. One was a sales manager and the other more experienced with the technical/functional side of the business. We met at one of the operations facilities.

Interview Questions

• Are you famous last words with lots of driving?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nalco Champion.

Interview

The entire process was through my university career fair/career center. They signed me up for the interview while talking with them at the career fair for the next day. Heard back from them very quickly (within 1 week after the interview). Did not get an offer, but was glad they got back quickly.

Interview Questions

• There was no very difficult difficult questions. It was all behavioral questions. The only one that caught me a little off guard was "tell me about a time you planned for something to go perfectly, but ended up going completely wrong."   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First phase was going to lunch with a different district manager than the one that hirerd me. This particular DM was very professional and technically savvy surrounding this career field. Very well formatted questions were asked and the lunch ended up being a very laid back, technical and business discussion. The second phase was having lunch with a different DM, whom actually hired me, along with 2 members of upper management within the organization. These individuals were very nice and welcoming. We had open discussions regarding my experiences and work practices of my former company versus practices of Nalco. They very much enjoyed my company and expressed just that. I felt the same and looked forward to working with these professionals on some level. Their decision to hire me was immediate and openly indicated. Interviews here can be as open and comfortable as you allow them to be. I do like how they typically have you interview with not only the DM, but also at least 2 members of higher management, to ensure you are a fit for this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a successful sales application that I've worked, and what was the return on investment for the customer.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nalco Champion.

Interview

I had a great experience and it interviewed with District Manager and maybe the Sales Manager. I learned a lot about the corporate process for hiring. We met at a restaurant and then I was flown to Arizona for a meeting with upper management.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Auburn, AL (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was very laid back and didn't feel like and interview. Just asked the generic interview questions and a few things about my co-op experience and involvement in college.

The second interview was even more laid back, met with a sales engineer and he showed me what he would do on a daily basis.

Summer Interview

Interview

Went to the office and interviewed with about 3 different managers. Each interview was about 25 to 30 minutes and was behavioral with a few technical questions. Most of the interviewers were relatable so if you got along you ended up talking about similarities you both like and was casual.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Hurst, TX (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

One-One-One after phone interview. About an hour. Standard questions. Decision in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Give scenario of irate customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Champion (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

phone interview followed by site interview which included a presentation to research team and managers

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal position.   Answer Question
    • In your past role, what have you disliked the most?   Answer Question
    • Do you like to work under pressure (deadlines)?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you respond when you encounter roadblocks in your research or project?   Answer Question
    • What safety lessons have you learned in your previous roles?
      What do you like to do in your free time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.