Nando's UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Sep 2018

2.1

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

really fun lots of people, there was a big group and everyone was really nice. they told us about the company and we asked question and had to talk a little about ourselves

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Dundee, Scotland) in September 2016.

Interview

Personally went into restaurant and handed CV. Lucky to have one of the supervisors there who asked me just a few personal questions on the spot, then said they'd contact me. One day after got a phone call from manager asked to come for a face-to-face interview. 2 days after the interview, got a call to be informed that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Time when a difficult situation was encountered and how did I solve it   Answer Question
    • Time when I had to work in a team to solve a task and to describe that situation   Answer Question
    • What kind of person I am   Answer Question
    • One of the greatest personal achievements so far and why   Answer Question
    • If I was able to work extra hours, evening hours and closing hours   1 Answer
    • Any booked holidays in the near future   1 Answer
    • Talk about some of your most interesting/important skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

very friendly asked why do you want to work here, what is your goal, very friendly setting filled in some forms requiring details such as national insurance number, previous employer, education, past work experience etc. Explained the H&S policies and went straight for an unpaid trial of 4 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Saint Albans, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Went to hand in my CV, immediately got taken aside by a co-manager and went straight into it, no preparation on my part. We chatted for about 10 mins before he asked me to come in the following day for a trial shift, not even sure he was listening to my answers

Interview Questions

• Do you know where Nando's originated?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Birmingham, England) in November 2014.

Interview

I phoned up my local Nando's and asked fi they had any current front of house vacancies. I was then handed over to the recruitment manager and was told they were having a recruitment day the following Sunday. It was quite hard to prepare for they day as I was just told there would be some group tasks which would help them determine whether I was right for the job. I did a lot of preparation for the interview, in hindsight too much. I prepared answers for typical interview questions and researched Nandos itself. On the recruitment day, there were 12 of us but only 3 part time positions available. We had 2 group tasks and then a solo interview. All in all we were thee for probably 3 hours. The group tasks we had to do were decide in what order we would save six people form a cave and why and then we had to made a bridge out of marshmallows and spaghetti! I would definitely say make sure that you get your opinions across and don't appear too quite but then you don't want to be the opposite. For these tasks we were divided into groups of 3 and one of the guys in my group was very over powering so I sometimes found it hard to voice my opinion however I did make sure I did. Make sure you contribute to discussions but don't over power the conversation because it doesn't come across very well. After the group task we had separate interviews an I must say it was quite easy! I only had to answer 3 questions, one was what do i think good customer service is and the other two were scenario based questions. Then I was just asked when I would be available for work.

About 4 days later I was told that I had a trail shift. It was a four hour shift and I was basically just cleaning table and asking customers if there food was ok. I also had to deal with quite a few customer queries but they only involved basic tasks such as getting takeaway bags. After my shift I had a review with one of the managers who after getting feedback from other staff members thought I had done very well! I had to fill out a review form and told that someone would be in touch soon.

A week later I got a phone call saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer complained that the plain chicken was too spicy for their child?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.co.uk and received a phone call to arrange an interview about a month later. The interview itself was fairly casual and consisted of general questions about availability and a few standard interview questions (why do you want the job etc). I was also told there would be a four hour 'trial shift' to see how well I worked in practice.

A casual interview with a short list of questions

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who says their order is too spicy for their child and that they had actually ordered a milder version?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick, tbh I didn’t really have a interview. I just walked into the store, asked for store manager and he invited me to have a trial a couple days later

Interview Questions

• Past experience and why I want to work at nandos   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Cambridge, East of England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and recieved and email inviting me to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there were 20 other people and we were shown a video about Nando's roots. We were then split into groups and had to build the tallest paper tower. Then there was a 5 minute 1 to 1 interview. I got a call about a trial shift 3 hours after leaving the recruitment day. I received a phone call offering me the job a week after my trial shift.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton Heath, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Stockton Heath, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com and received a phone call the next day inviting me to an interview. I went to the interview which took 5-10 mins and the interviewer told me she would contact me regarding a trial shift, but never did. Some friends, however, were invited to an unpaid trial shift and then never received any response or feedback.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in one of the restaurants in person to leave the CV and i immediately spoke with one of the managers. It was quick and easy: mostly they explained me about the role. I immidiatly had a trial shift of four hours, after which i was informed that I had been successful. They offered me lunch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.