Nando's UK & IRE Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nando's UK & IRE Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Nando's UK & IRE

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

I was invited for a group interview day where we were split into groups and asked to do group work such as build a paper tower and then were split up to have individual interviews with staff and told about the culture of the business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nando's UK & IRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (York, England) in September 2018.

Interview

I interviewed at Nando’s in York in late September 2018. The process took just over a week. I applied through Facebook and got a call a week later inviting me to an interview.

I enjoyed the interview, I spoke to a very nice guy and I thought it went really well. He said that, if I was successful he’d call me and arrange a trial shift, if I was unsuccessful I wouldn’t hear anything. I never heard from them again so I obviously didn’t get the job, however I think it is a bit unprofessional to not contact people even if they haven’t got an offer because there are people out there more desperate for a job than me and they’re left hanging. I called the restaurant just over a week later asking for feedback and they never got back to me. Luckily I found another job but I was a bit annoyed they didn’t contact me at all, especially since I saw the hiring sign back up in the window a week later!

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you in three words?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employer describe you in three words?   Answer Question
    • Applied questions about what you would do in a certain situation while working there.   Answer Question

Nando's UK & IRE Response

7 Nov 2018 – Attraction & Campaigns Advisor

Hey, thanks for letting us know about this. We'd like to look into what happened a bit further, are you able to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk about this please?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Face to face interview. Straightforward process. They ask the standard what do you bring to the table kind of questions. It was swift and efficient to say the least haha.

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

12 Mar 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review on your recruitment process. Great to hear it was a positive experience and you accepted the offer, hope all is well with you now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.co.uk and received a phone call to arrange an interview about a month later. The interview itself was fairly casual and consisted of general questions about availability and a few standard interview questions (why do you want the job etc). I was also told there would be a four hour 'trial shift' to see how well I worked in practice.

A casual interview with a short list of questions

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who says their order is too spicy for their child and that they had actually ordered a milder version?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Cambridge, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and recieved and email inviting me to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there were 20 other people and we were shown a video about Nando's roots. We were then split into groups and had to build the tallest paper tower. Then there was a 5 minute 1 to 1 interview. I got a call about a trial shift 3 hours after leaving the recruitment day. I received a phone call offering me the job a week after my trial shift.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton Heath, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Stockton Heath, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com and received a phone call the next day inviting me to an interview. I went to the interview which took 5-10 mins and the interviewer told me she would contact me regarding a trial shift, but never did. Some friends, however, were invited to an unpaid trial shift and then never received any response or feedback.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in one of the restaurants in person to leave the CV and i immediately spoke with one of the managers. It was quick and easy: mostly they explained me about the role. I immidiatly had a trial shift of four hours, after which i was informed that I had been successful. They offered me lunch.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was relatively informal, just the manager of the store getting to know me better and seeing if i had any experience in waitressing. It was very reassuring that the interview was casual as it set the vibes for the restaurant

Interview Questions

• I was told to sell myself to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

Weigh up if you like repetitive work, if not then sorry this job is not for you!

Anonymous Employee in Harrow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Harrow, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a job on referral and 3,4 months after I was invited for the interview. Interview took 30 minutes and after that i was Invited for a trial shift the next day. After the trail shift, they hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Went to a recruitment day, started at 10am through till 1.30-2.00pm, at first you filled out a application form and then handed it in and got a name badge in return, Took a seat and waited. (There was also hot and cold beverages you could help yourself too)
    When everybody arrived we watched a presentation on nandos which was quite interesting to be honest! And all the staff who was there told you a little about them selves how long they'd worked there what they do etc. Most of the staff had worked there for 5-10 years which means it must be an amazing company! We then had a break and got onto our first excersise of the day, building a paper tower. We were split into groups of 8 and had 10 minutes to make a paper tower. These are important because there are staff in the room with you assessing you on how you work with others, if your shy etc and it's pretty much the deal breaker on if you get the job or not. Then there comes excersise 2 which is in your Same group you get 15 minutes to write and perform a jingle, in this particular recruitment day our jungle had to have these 5 words in "Boldon, NANDOS, Peri, Saucy & Chicken"
    They also watch how your interacting and stuff. Then you perform it in front of everybody. When everybody's jingles were over we then had our 1 on 1 interview, which wasn't like an interview at all it was more like a 5-10 minute chat, I had a really nice guy just asked me general questions like why I want to work for nandos and 3 words my friends would describe me in and 3 words my old manager would, Stuff like that. All in all a really fun laid back day but unfortunately I didn't get offered the position, I asked for feedback and it was because in the paper tower excersise they felt I took over too much, now I personally don't think I did all I said was lets get started and do this and that then I stood back and let everybody else get on with it. I would say I took over much more in the jingle but they were different assesors and loved me! So it's kinda mixed reviews. So basically I done a lot of research about the interviews cos I was so nervous and every single one said to be confident and loud and make sure your point has been put across in the group activities, Evidentaly not haha! So be confident but not too much! However the girl did say there gonna keep my cv because my interview was great and they loved me in the jingle! Which I'm happy about I suppose just really wish I could go back in time and re-do the paper tower excersise. Good luck to anyone who has a interview! Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 skills your manager would say about you.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.