NatWest Group Finance Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at NatWest Group

5.0

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NatWest Group (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Application process is simple and straightforward, can take time from job closing to get an interview and varies 1-4 weeks
2. Interview Stage
- The interview process is well defined in RBS with clear guidance given on the competencies that are required (people standards for all roles)
- Format is standard a) Introductory question b) Competency based questions (normally 3 or 4) followed by c) Technical questions (If job move is lateral in same function usually not required, every one else should expect technical questions related to role)
- Answers should be presented in STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result)
3. Post Interview
- Interview result notification can take 1-4 weeks depending on quantity and quality of candidates
- If successful there is a screening process and a few HR loops to go through, so on-boarding can take a further 2-3 weeks post interview notification

Interview Questions

• 1. When making a decision that has a wide impact across different parts of the bank what factors do you and your team typically consider?
    2. When have you had to make a decision or develop a solution which had long term benefit but actually made things more difficult for your team in the short term?
    3. Tell me when you have been responsible for achieving business change through collaboration across different parts of the organisation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to negotiate hard as it was an internal move and promotion, they offered a 7% pay rise which meant I was 18% lower than the external market rate. Advise is to look at market rates first and be strong in seeking out this as a minimum start point. They will use tactics to negotiate a lower salary like "We need to get the CFO to sign this off as it's above a salary inflation threshold of xx%" don't be put off just say okay and ask them when they expect to receive the CFO approval?

Other Interview Reviews for NatWest Group

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NatWest Group (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2010.

Interview

I was phoned by an internal RBS recruitment consultant and asked if I would like to apply. Interview rated on key core competencies, these included the core values of the bank and you had to give examples of where you had shown these. These were given to you prior to the interview to allow you to prepare.

Negotiation

Good

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.