National Audit Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

National Audit Office Interview Questions

Interviews at National Audit Office

2.9

Digital and Social Media Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Audit Office.

Interview

Asked to complete two pre-interview tasks and talk about these during a 10 minute interview. Didn't hear from them again after the interview, even after I sent a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge in running the NAO's social media accounts?   Answer Question

Trainer Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

After passing online maths assessment and application I undertook a phone interview followed by assessment day. The assembly day involved a written activity, presentation, interview and group task. The whole process was competency based and professional.

Interview Questions

• What’s an example of something that has really interested you and led you to research further?   Answer Question

Trainee Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online in December and completed a series of competency based questions which I passed and was invited to have a phone interview in January.

This was slightly different as these questions were more situational like how would you resolve a disagreement with a client. Other than that very straightforward. Was told we would hear back within a week however it was a longer wait.

Upon having passed the interview I was invited to an assessment centre but shortly afterwards I was told that the spaces had filled for the year and I could defer until September to have an assessment centre sooner rather than later in the next round of applicants.

However they got back to me in May and told me there was some last minute vacancies which meant I could join the intake in September if I wanted.

I had the assessment centre which was split into four parts:

Written task - we had to prepare a summary of notes to take to our manager in a meeting based on information we had.

Oral presentation - give a brief presentation about the status of a mid way audit to an external client.

Interview - competency based question with links to current affairs.

Group task - priority task based around cutting a budget

Application

Interview

Numerical test, telephone interview, assessment centre. The telephone interview was very different to previous years and was not just competency based.

Assessment centre: Client Presentation - you are given some materials which you have 40 minutes to prepare and then present back for 10 minutes and another 10 minutes for follow up questions. You had to present findings from an interim audit and present three areas you recommend to focus on improving. Was quite straightforward but the interviewer asked A LOT of follow ups.
    Group Exercise: You each get given information about a different initiative, and you have to reduce the combined cost of all the initiatives by a third. We had 5 people in our group so it was hard to get a word in edge ways so be careful.
    Written Case Study: You get given some documents again but this time you need to read and summarise them into a short report for your manager. I ran out of time so be careful because you need to answer all the elements. Don't overthink it.
    Final Interview: They tested the same three areas as in the telephone interview and was also very different to previous years. Client Relationships, Teamwork, Initiative and Drive, bigger picture.

Interview Questions

• How can we eliminate poverty in the UK?   1 Answer
    • A team member is falling behind on group work, what do you do? What is the priority?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

First you have to complete basic online application form. if successful you are invited to take the numerical test and then answer four competency based questions and then telephone interview if successful.

Interview Questions

• I had prepared for competency based questions however it seems they have changed the style of interview because instead i was given different situations and asked what would i do rather than the typical competency 'give me example of a time when..' questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Audit Office in April 2018.

Interview

Completed a basic application form online with the usual details first. Then had to complete some standard competency based questions online i.e. why NAO, communication etc. Afterwards, completed a numerical reasoning test which wasn't too challenging. The next stage was a competency-based telephone interview. They asked questions about when I had demonstrated leadership, communication and worked part of a team. Overall, a relatively simple application process, just don't be thrown off by the length of the competency questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was good. It was a telephone interview. The interviewer was polite and honest. It was one of my first interviews so I was a bit nervous but she understood.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England).

Interview

Standard do mpetency questions, followed by 45 minute telephone interview - asked two questions about 4 competencies, then assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of written case study exercise, group budgeting activity, interview with auditing director and client presentation/questions. Very efficient HR department and majority of people spoke to were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing prisons? (I work in a prison currently)   Answer Question

Assistant Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Audit Office in February 2017.

Interview

First a numerical reasoning test after an initial application form. If successful at this stage you then answer 4 competency questions.
    This then led onto a telephone interview and finally an assessment centre.
    The assessment centre comprised of a: case study, group exercise, presentation prepared on the day and a final interview

Interview Questions

• Should certain government departments have their funding ring fenced?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Audit Office (London, England).

Interview

The first stage of the process was an application form asking for motivations. This was followed by psychometric testing (mostly numerical reasoning). This was followed by a 45-minute telephone interview. The next stage of the process is an assessment centre, comprised of four tasks including presentation, group activity, one to one interview, and written assessment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.