National Institute of Standards and Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

National Institute of Standards and Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at National Institute of Standards and Technology

2.7

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology in February 2020.

Interview

The first notice was via email, then I set up the phone interview. I got a phone interview that roughly takes 30 mins in informal format and then skype interview for 20 -30 min seminar.

Interview Questions

Interview

You submit an application online with an essay (make sure you have all of the materials listed). Then, you wait to hear back in a couple of weeks if you made it or not!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What lab do you want to work in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology.

Interview

Submitted my resume, cover letter. Then, I was invited to the headquarters. I went from researcher to researcher and talked to them. It was really informal. At the end, we ranked the research in order of interest. I was given my first choice.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online through usajob.gov and got referred after about one week. The interview was not a difficult one. The hiring team wants to find out your interests and research ability to their ongoing projects. I received the final offer letter about 2 months after the usajob.gov closing date.

Interview Questions

• Research interests, project experience, and relevant coursework.   1 Answer

Ship Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology.

Interview

It was eh. They asked me about my resume, my skills, discussed potential projects, etc. It was pretty casual, I talked to a lot of professors and it was very informal.

Ship Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, received notification from a potential mentor detailing my proposed project and asking to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. There were no technical questions, strictly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience and how that relates to my given project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology.

Interview

I submitted my resume during the engineering career fair at my college/university. A few weeks later, I had a phone interview which was followed by an email containing several technical questions. After completing them, I was invited to tour the campus with the supervisor of that particular co-op.

Interview Questions

• Design a non-inverting op-amp circuit with a gain of 1001 using resister values of no less than 100 ohms. What changes would you make to the circuit if you found it to be oscillating?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school career site. Recieved contact for video interview about a month later. Conducted interview with future colleague and lab group supervisor. Conversation was very informal and covered mostly by previous experieneces and why I was interested in the group. Their website was not detailed so I found it useful to ask more questions about their current work and find ways that I could see myself fitting into their work and expressing direct interest in that.

There were no odd questions and it seems like they just wanted to understand who I was and what my interests were to make sure that they could be a good fit for what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about project xyz on your resume.   1 Answer

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I have to complete an online application through USAJOBS, which includes submitting a resume and so on. I also got a phone interview and was asked about my previous experience, skills, etc. I seemed to me that having a good reference is pretty crucial.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with MatLab, my research interests, relevant courses taken, etc.   Answer Question

/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Institute of Standards and Technology (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard phone interview where I spent roughly 20 minutes answering questions about my resume, and 20 minutes hearing about the company. If you are an engineering student applying to a co-op, they will ask many questions as to your availability and how many terms you are willing to work.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.