Nationwide Building Society Member Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nationwide Building Society Member Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide Building Society

2.8

Member Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in February 2020.

Interview

Simple telephone interview led to interview at branch with two local branch managers who were very friendly. About 25 minutes of questions and then very simple maths exercise followed by an exercise testing communication skills by describing a picture (geometric shapes) for one of the interviewers looking away to draw. A little informal chat at the end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide Building Society

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in January 2020.

Interview

A really pleasant experience. I first had the telephone interview, lasted just under 10 minutes, was basic questions asking what I thought the role was, how I would be diligent and determined towards challenges, etc. I then got offered to attend an interview, where I met with two members - the face to face lasted for about an hour, and consisted of 4 parts; strength based questions, a role play exercise, an interactive exercise, and a numeric exercise. It was all pretty straightforward, and the ladies were really engaging and lovely.

Interview Questions

• How are you diligent and determined towards challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Taunton, England).

Interview

Applied online - invited for an assessment evening to get a feel for the company, followed by a face to face interview a few weeks later. The interview process was one of the best I have had, my interviewers were very kind and don’t make you feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• The assessment evening was around getting to know you as a possible candidate for the role, meeting the team in branch and showing your personality, a much better alternative to a telephone interview   Answer Question
    • In branch interview consisted of a role play (easier than it seems), interview questions around how you can help members etc and the reasons for policies in the branch. Along with this there was a numeric exercise of giving the right amount of cash withdrawals (how many notes coins etc) - no right or wrong answer as long as you get the right figure, and a drawing exercise where you are back to back describing a photo you have in front of you to a member of staff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Ipswich, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Was quite suspicious when Nationwide contacted me after telling me I had been unsuccessful to advise I was back in the process (even after the advertised interview dates had passed....) I quickly found myself sitting in the Ipswich branch and whilst the interviewers seemed friendly and willing that is as far as it goes, I was surprised not to have my career background/history mentioned and was told the role could be covering other branches (?) and promised feedback, before Nationwide even bothered to tell me I'd been unsuccessful I saw the role re-advertised as fixed term to think I sat doing a role play that covered 7 minutes of explaining their digital app benefits, the resourcing team can't figure out it's best to let candidates know they are unsuccessful before job reposting. Nationwide more like wind up merchants, how could you in such times of uncertainty out there. I did nearly cancel my interview due to a cold and now think that would have been the better bet.

Interview Questions

• What will happen if we don't follow rules and regulation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Birmingham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

10 minutes strengthens based interview which is informal then 2 person interview 30 minutes competency based interview 10 minute role play exercise and a 10 minute interactive and numerical exercise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.