Natwest Customer Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Natwest Customer Adviser Interview Questions

Interviews at Natwest

Customer Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Reading, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Did a work preference multiple choice test which took about 15 minutes.

Received email following day saying I had passed the initial screening stage and I should call them for a telephone interview. Did so, now receive series of questions: First series, some fairly basic maths tests. Next stage, My experiences and what I liked/disliked about previous similar jobs. Third section, competency based questions, ask for examples of when you've (for example), gone out of your way for a customer. Got put on hold after each section while the interviewer played back the recorded conversation and marked each section. Bit annoying to be put on hold for so long, so regularly, but is actually a good thing because they were able to tell me immediately that I'd passed the phone interview stage.

Attempted to arrange face to face interview, but was on honeymoon on the only date they could offer me. Got told that I could place the application on hold and phone them when I returned, but they couldn't guarantee that the job would still be there. Fair enough, I suppose. Received another phonecall later in the week offering me another date - my wedding day (they did ask me in my phone interview what dates I would be available for face-to-face interviews and I did mention my wedding date wasn't an option, obviously). Phoned me back again with a date that was convenient, got told that I'd have to go to a different branch for the interview than the one I'd be working in. No problem. Get phoned back again, this time offering to change the location to the actual branch I'd be working in. Fine, even better.

Receive email confirmation of interview date & time, plus a big list of documents to bring with me. Location was different to what I was told on the phone (and not where it was originally due to be either - it was a totally different branch about 3 miles away). I phone them up asking if this branch is correct, explaining that it wasn't what I was told on the phone. Was assured by the HR department that the branch location was correct. Fine, time to use google maps, figure out where I'm going and what sort of branch it will be.

Interview day - phone HR department and ask for the name of the person interviewing me (it was not given at any stage in previous communication). Got told it's not their policy and that I should just walk in and tell them I had an interview, "Is that ok for you sir?" "Well, it would be nicer if I knew the person's name, but I suppose so".

Walk into tiny branch in tiny village as instructed. Tell someone at the counter why I'm there. About 10 minutes later, someone came out saying, "Do you know who it's with?" I explained that I tried to find out, but that her HR department wouldn't tell me. She asked for my confirmation email, I showed it to her, she goes off to make a phonecall. She comes back out & tells me that I've been sent to the wrong branch. As you might imagine, I'm annoyed - I called them because I thought something was wrong and they (wrongly) re-assured me not to worry. I was assurerd that the hiring manager had been informed that it was a balls-up on their HR department's side, and that if I head over to the correct branch now, they will interview me and not consider it my fault that I'm late.

Spoke to hiring manager & area manager, both really nice, both apologised profusely on behalf of their HR department. Interview seemed to go well, competency-based with a short roleplay afterwards. Had a good feeling that the interview had gone well & was told I should get a decision in the next week to 10 days. Remember the big list of documents I was asked to bring with me? Passport, 2 proofs of address, and 2 or 3 forms totalling about 10-12 pages. Told I didn't need to bring them & that they didn't know why HR had asked me to bring them (the email from HR said the interview would not go ahead without these items). They also said they would send a complaint to HR about sending me to the wrong place (I didn't ask them to do that).

Waited about 2 weeks, phoned HR for an update, told I'd get a call back. Waited another week, called again, promised call back same day. Waited 3 more days, called them, asked if they are looking at the right branch details, because of the branch balls-up, and discovered that they were looking in the wrong place and that they still thought that the interview took place in this incorrect branch. Told I would definitely get a call today.

Received one-line email saying "after careful consideration, we won't be taking this further" I sent one back saying, "Can you expand a little on that? I feel that having invested quite a lot of time and effort in this, and having been messed around, and having felt that the interview had gone well, I deserve a bit more info than a generic response, especially if it really has been "carefully considered", as you claim it has". That was over a week ago, still waiting for their feedback.

Interview Questions

• Role play not expected at all   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Natwest

Customer Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natwest.

Interview

telephonic interview, face to face , role play

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.