Natwest Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Natwest Interview Questions in Manchester, England

Interviews at Natwest

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online on RBS career website, I got an email with a link for a test (easy ones-math & logics) , after I passed the test, they sent me another link for Video Interview, this is recorded ones, 5 behavioural questions, you got 2 minutes to think and it started recording your answer. After I passed this, they called me and explained bout the role the invite me for face to face interview (final ones). I got 2 weeks for prepared and studied my interview.

It was a great building in city centre, seems so professional, the interviewer brought me to the CS department, got a quick tour for the work place, very busy environment, before the interview started I excused myself to toilet but sadly it was horrible, very dirty (even Mc Donald’s toilet a lot better than this) actually i didn’t expect that.

The interview took 2 hours, most of them behavioural questions.. STAR based (as I already prepared, I can easily answered to all the questions) tell me about a time stuff. The last test, you have to do a role play, i got only 5 minutes to read bank statement (really short time) got a call from the interviewer, he acted as a difficult customer, heavy accent and spoke as fast as possible. Don’t be panic, you will be fine. After the role play you will get to answer and review your responses.

The role itself in telephony team, help customer, offer products, educate customer. It advertised from 7 am to 11 pm rotational shift but after 12 months of period, it would be 24 hours role (I actually told the interviewer that I couldn’t work on night shift). You will get 6 month probation, casual outfit at work.

Personally after the final interview and seeing the work place - more in depth role itself, i knew that the job wouldn’t fit for me. After few days they told me that I didn’t successful but they gave me a lot of positive feedback bout my results and answers, it just seems that I lacked the interest in the role itself. (Eww the toilet and 24 hours shifts that put me off. Lols)

Overall its an open eye experience, don’t judge the book by its cover, it might looks so great and make you nervous, but nahh.. thats okay, it took about one month process, long time.. if you love typical call centre job, you might want to try.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Natwest?
      What you can bring to the role?
      Tell me bout the role?
      Tell me a time you make a promise to your colleagues?
      Tell me a time you give your best to your customer?
      Tell me about unexpected situation and how you handle it?
      Something about digital stuff? (Not really remember bout this questions)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I received an email asking me to record a video interview. There were I think 5 questions which were all competency based, fairly basic. A few hours after I received a phone call inviting me to a face to face interview. The face to face interview was more competency based questions and they really push you to use the STAR technique. There is also a role play exercise but I didn't get to that point as I wasn't specific enough with my answers in the competency section of the interview. My main advice is to really try and stick to the STAR technique. Bring a pen and paper to write the questions down as they are split into subsections. They have no problem with you using some pre prepared notes as well as long as you are not reading your answers directly from these notes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you have come up with a new solution to solve a problem in your work place.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Online application then followed by a telephone interview screening. Then face to face interview with senior managers. Interview was straight forward. Customer service skills test and group presentation in front of other candidates.

Customer Service Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

First there was the online test which was pretty simple, then the lengthy telephone interview which went well. The recruiters keep on asking the question until you actually give the response they are looking for; no dodging of questions. Then theres the face to face interview with one person for about 2 hours which also includes a phonecall handling test.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you have gone the extra mile for a customer, and why was it excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Wish I never even wasted my time and money applying to this rubbish job. I hope to never have to deal with them in the future. The interviewer was unfriendly and when I tried to at least discuss with him about the feedback afterward in a nice way he ignored me and treated me like I didn't even exist! I felt dehumanised after the whole process and would have rather they just told me on the phone that I was not getting the job instead of wasting my whole time to come in. Do not apply to this job if you want to go through this HORRID interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? (even though I already told you on the phone?)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England) in January 2013.

Interview

first telephone app, competency based around customer service then small maths test. offered face to face interview then similar questions with branch manager and area manager. i used the same examples as on the telephone app. usually have a role play but i didnt in mine- they are subject to who is interviewing you. offered the job 3 days later.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.