Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nestlé Purina Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé Purina

3.1

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn by a Purina talent sourcer based on my credentials. I had a phone conversation with the talent sourcer about the position, which was more of an informational call than an interview. He told me to expect an email from HR to set up a formal phone interview and to check Glassdoor.com for sample behavior-based questions.

I had the phone interview with an HR person about two weeks later. I was asked to talk about each one of my previous jobs and why I left, and then to answer two behavior-based questions using real-life examples from my work history. Even though I expected this and tried to prepare as much as possible, there is no preparation for this type of interview. They're looking for a 3-4 sentence answer: state the situation, talk about your role in it, say what action you took, and report the result. There's no room for any other details, and I guess I talk too much. I didn't make it to the in-person interview with actual hiring manager.

Purina is a great company, and I would love to work there, but I feel like the interview style is subjective and doesn't assess a candidate's true abilities. It's disappointing because they invited me to apply based on my skills and credentials. Those evidently don't matter in the big picture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to collaborate with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

28 Jan 2016 – Human Resources Team

Hi, my name is Mel and I oversee the recruiting function for Nestlé Purina. I am sorry to hear about your frustration with the phone Interview process. What we have learned over time is that the... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Phila, PA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very professional & friendly approach. It was conducted by phone. It didn't proceed for long because the interviewer was able to determine early on that my compensation requirements were not in line with the position.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

16 May 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you for your feedback! So sorry to hear it wasn't a fit, but we wish you the best of luck in your next career move, and hope you'll consider us for employment again in the future... More

Petcare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

First had a phone interview that lasted about an half an hour. Asked general animal care questions and questions about work ethics. Then about a week after the phone interview had a face to face interview for about two hours. Toured facility and talked with manager and human resources.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

A HR representative called a day after I submitted application to arrange an interview. I scheduled the interview for about a week later. He asked about 5 behavioral, star story type questions about dealing with teams, project management, and using analytics. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Received an email from the company being interested in setting up a phone interview. They explained about the position requirements and I shared my past experiences. Phone interview contained three behavioral based questions .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you overcame?   1 Answer

31 Oct 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We hope you’ll consider a career at Purina again in the future. Best of luck in your career search!

Lead Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in February 2008.

Interview

I spoke with the staff after finding out about the opening from an inside source. I was interviewed via phone briefly but I did not make it to the second stage of interviews. I was somewhat disappointed with not getting a personal interview since I had an inside contact with the company.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and about a month later received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very structured and began with me walking the HR representative through my resume. I was then asked some questions about how I heard about the job and why I wanted to work for Nestle Purina. The phone interview ended with 4 behavioral based questions. The HR representative said I would hear if I were to move onto the in person interview in about 2 weeks.
    Two weeks went by so I contacted the HR rep I had interviewed with who confirmed I would know in a few days. I few days later, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.
    The next week, I went in for a 4 hour long interview. The first hour was lunch with a manager and my potential boss. I was then led to a conference room where I was interviewed for 3 hours (1 hour each with 2 different people in each interview). The questions were all behavior based except for any questions regarding my resume. There were 4 behavior-based questions per interview but they each had about 4 sub-questions.
    Although some of the questions were challenging and stressful at times, the people I met were extremely nice. It was obviously apparent that they loved their jobs and were passionate about what they did. I really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• I prepared a lot for this interview so none of the questions were unexpected. Some of the behavioral questions were challenging because they were similar but you had to come up with different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first permanent job so I was just happy to get the job. I gave them a minimum salary and they were able to come very close to that.

Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

About 2 weeks after applying online, I received an invitation to interview over the phone with human resources. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview in person with 6 people in three rounds of 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you took a big risk and how did it work out?   Answer Question

2 Jul 2018 – Human Resources

Let us be the first to say, welcome to the Purina family! We’re happy to have you and appreciate your feedback on the recruitment process. We hope you will continue to share feedback as you begin in... More

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in December 2017.

Interview

Nestle Purina's interview process is intense. I was called by a recruiter to apply for the position. Once applied I had a phone interview with HR the week after. I was asked two questions, behavioral based questions. I made it to the final stage where you interview for 3+ hours on site with 3 different managers. They also asked behavioral based questions and asked for different examples for each interview. I appreciated only having to be on site once versus going back several times to meet everyone. However, once the interviews were over I waited a week just to receive a rejection email. I would suggest their HR department calling all candidates versus going with the automated message. Especially since they require you to take 4 hours out of your day to interview. Additionally, all three managers were late to all three of my interviews, punctuality is key when making impressions. People like to feel respected on both sides of the interview table. Overall, good interview experience, nice people, just need to close the loop on communication, and arrive on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal or project you had to accomplish? How did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of at your current job?   Answer Question

21 Dec 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to move through our recruitment process – we know searching for a new career can be time intensive and we appreciate your interest! You bring up some great suggestions... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview went great. They said I would hear something by the 21st. Here its the 27th and I have heard nothing. The pist has been removed yet my app status states"in process" does this mean its been filled and they havent updated my status yet or have they just removed the post to stop new apps while making a decision. I am really looking foward to working there.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

1 Oct 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your interview process. Our goal is to provide a timely response to all candidates and we’re sorry we’ve missed the mark here. Please only... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.