Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé USA

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and setup interview for following week. Studied interview process. Went through interview and was never contacted again. Emailed recruiter numerous times but never heard back. No email, no phone call, not even a post card. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions to role using the Amazon star method. Answered appropriately but still silence.   Answer Question

8 Jul 2020 – Digital Media Specialist

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience. This certainly isn't consistent with our culture or the candidate experience that we hope to create. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team and if you’d like to share more information, please feel free to contact us at USRecruiting[at]US[dot]Nestle[dotcom].

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2020.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with a recruiter quickly after applying. I was told I would hear back in 48 hours did not hear anything until 12 days later. I had a second-round interview with 2 employees in the department on a Friday and was told I would hear back the following Monday. I did not hear anything for a week so I reached out and had to play phone tag with the recruiter for 2 days after many emails that were not responded to for him to tell me I did not get the internship. The communication during the entire process was very poor.

Interview Questions

Nestlé USA Response

7 May 2020 – Digital Media Specialist

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience. This certainly isn't consistent with our culture or the experience that we hope to create for our candidates. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team and if you’d like to share more information, please feel free to contact us at USRecruiting[at]US[dot]Nestle[dotcom].

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I received an email from HR, scheduled a call, and went on a 30 min call. The whole process was pretty straight forward. The HR didn't ask any behavioral questions/ questions that you would expect in an interview. His first question was asking me if I required sponsorship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

1) Phone interview going over your resume to make sure you a good fit . 2) was two video interviews one with the hiring manager and the Luther with a HR representative. One is to see if you have general knowledge of position other and to go into more detail about you and past experiences. 3) Drug test “ urine for my location “ and background check. Be prepared to show proof of any and all past job and degrees.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you used past sales data to close a sale.   Answer Question

Statistical Modeling Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Just like a chitchat with people in the team.
    Discuss some of the projects I have done in class and list out the model I used in the projects. Not actually real technical questions but you need to know what you have done really clear and also have insightful reflection.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

The interview process with Chris Lynch was very thorough and they asked a lot of questions about my previous job history. I don't remember the details of the interview as it was 20 years ago

Director of Internal Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Arlington, VA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was extremely professional and fast paced. As a candidate, you met with multiple senior managers/directors over the course of a day. Everyone at Nestle seemed to care about you as a candidate. The entire process lasted about 6 hours. The recruiters were very professional too and cared about your success in the interviews and provided preparation tips.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had to negotiate a difficult business process with management.   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Questions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Applied online and talked at a career fair. I heard back fairly quickly by email with an offer to do an interview. I replied immediately asking for the next steps and had no reply for a week. I followed up twice more one week and two weeks later. I then somehow managed to retrieve the recruiter's phone number and left a voicemail. I got no reply and a week later an automated email came in saying that I'm not moving on and it thanked me for doing an interview. I guess my interview didn't go to well lol. I get that Nestle' gets a lot of applicants but this was unproffessional.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Arlington, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

tl/dr: After several rounds of interviews, the company proceeded to ghost me. Applicants please be aware this can/will happen to you. Act accordingly.

I wanted to like Nestle. I really did.

I replied to an ad posted on LinkedIn looking to hire multiple analysts for Nestle's USA headquarters in Arlington. A few days later a recruiter sent me an email to ask me to schedule a time for a phone interview. We set that up and spoke a few days later. The phone interview was mostly the "walk me through your resume / tell me about yourself" type of interview with a little more elaboration here and there. The recruiter was actually REALLY personable and knowledgeable about Nestle, the business strategy, and why they were looking to staff up. The call lasted about 45 minutes and I got off the phone more excited about the prospect of a job there than before.

A few days later I got an email telling me I had been selected to do in-person interviews a week or so later. This was a "SuperDay" of sorts where multiple people would be interviewing with multiple teams throughout the day. Again, still really pumped about potentially working at Nestle. After all, who doesn't like Drumsticks? I will also say the on site interview coordination went really smoothly. Nestle had that part down pat.

The SuperDay consisted of two back to back 45 minute interviews. Each interview consisted of me and two managers from different teams within Nestle. There was the usual "tell me about yourself" type questions but also A LOT of STAR type questions i.e., "Tell me about a time you did XYZ". I felt like I was well prepared and the conversation in each interview seemed to flow really well. My interest in working there continued to grow. Immediately after, I sent out thank you emails to each interviewer and actually received some replies back. I mention that only because in my experience that usually doesn't happen. Offer or not, my experience up until this point had been very positive.

What happened next? SILENCE. The SuperDay was the week before Thanksgiving. It's been about four weeks since then and I've heard nothing one way or the other. I do realize people are in and out around the end of the year and it can delay decision making. That said, why then even conduct interviews or do recruiting? Why not just wait until after the new year when things might be more efficient? Just a thought.

I did eventually follow up with the recruiter I spoke with on the phone. They said the feedback on me was positive but the teams I met with didn't have a role that I could fill, they were speaking with other managers, and would be in touch. That was about two weeks post SuperDay and I have heard nothing since. To wit, my application in the Nestle careers website still shows me as "interviewing". This is definitely not true.

This is a company that produces, transports, and sells many different products globally. They make billions of dollars (or Swiss Francs to be precise) each year doing this. I do not think, then, that giving a final disposition to people who have gone through multiple rounds of interviews is a bridge too far. Companies with way less resources manage to do it. You can too.

I am disappointed not in that I didn't get an offer but in the way I was treated. Call me bitter if you'd like but everything I written is 100% true. I have no idea who will see this but I would caution you to keep in mind my experience. Maybe it was a one off or maybe it's dispositive of a bigger issue.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2019.

Interview

What an unprofessional interview my god. I interviewed the same position for 2 different locations so i had 2 different interviews, and I have to say they were the worst interviews I have ever had. The first interviewer was unable to respond to simple questions about the supply chain and challenges of the company. The second interviewer schedules for a half hour for the interview on the schedule as well. The interviewer calls me 15 minutes late, reschedules to a couple minutes later, and then speaks to me for over an hour and half. After a half hour is over, he tells me "Hey one second, let me mute my other meeting so we can continue". No respect to other people's time. As an applicant, I thought it would be rude to cut the interview myself, but as an Hr individual, it is your role to cut the interview according to the schedule that you send. On top of that, the interviewer berates the location I live in with subtle comments and mockeries. When I asked for concerns of if i would be able to perform the position, he mentions that he doesn't feel confident that I would like Cleveland as a location. Not to mention, he asked no questions about my resume. Out of all possible concerns when you did not ask anything about my resume, how can you state the location as a concern. He was not clear with the objective of the interview at all. From the past interviewer experience, I tried to focus my questions on his experiences with Nestle, his insight into the company, and challenges and successes he has had, since I was aware that the other interviewer was not able to answer supply chain answers. He makes a very sarcastic comment with my questions stating "please keep your questions focused on supply chain as you should focus on the consumer not the employees, because you are not applying for an hr role". Honestly, the most unprofessional experience i've ever had especially for a company so big and renown, it was quite disappointing. Honestly please apply to another company as there are so many more places that focus on the shareholders and stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the impact/problems of sourcing in the supply chain. (THE ONLY QUESTION HE ASKED HONESTLY)   Answer Question

19 Sep 2019 – Digital Media Specialist

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience - this is absolutely not reflective of our culture or the candidate experience that we hope to create. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team and if you’d like to share more information, please feel free to contact us at USRecruiting[at]US[dot]Nestle[dotcom].

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.