Netbuilder Consultant Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was fairly straight forward asking about your commitments and your basic knowledge of the programming knowledge, and also asked about my relevant modules. Once that done I was told to attend the assessment centre which was based in Manchester and I live in London (PS they didn't pay for travel).

Once arriving we were in a group of 5 very small group (was surprised) and we were asked to go into computer lab sort of environment where the presentation on how "good" their company is and all. This person who was presenting seemed like he just wanted to get and over and done with attitude through out the day.

He also explained why the group is small compare to usual size it's due to the urgent need of consultant and they sort of realised at the last minute. He than explained it wouldn't be as long as usual assessment day so he told us he will allocate each one of us to one of the staff for the interview stage so we all go together and come back together since the group is very small.

He gave a task to be completed in an hour or so about something related in the news for the past 14 days and come up with a solution. Decide yourself who will be the project lead and all, and when the time comes I would like to see website, and a presentation (bit like Apprentice program style).

During the task I don't think anybody was watching us at all we were left alone to work with and every now and then there was this lady warned us about the time we left to finish the task. The guy came to his desk 10 minutes before the deadline, and minding his own business in his laptop didn't say a word even past the deadline. We asked "who calls for it to be ready?" and he immediately responded with "you should've told us this couple of minutes ago when your times up".

we got up nervously, and presented what we could do in the small time given a small group our work was not fantastic but after all the presentation and questions, we were just simply told "thanks for your hard word and bye" sounded rather sarcastic manner in my opinion anyway.

Interview Questions

• describe abstraction? what is oop principles? explain them? what do you like in IT? what interest you?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.