Network Rail Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Network Rail Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview Questions

Interviews at Network Rail

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail (Milton Keynes, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Upon completing a situational judgement test, you'll be invited to complete some psychometric test. Upon passing the tests, you'll be invited to complete a recorded video interview and if successful you'll be subsequently be invited to an assessment with approximately 15 other participants.

Interview Questions

• For the video interview there were 6 questions arranged to answer quickly with short intervals to prepare the questions. The questions were quite straightforward competency questions, and from speaking with peers as long as you answer the questions in a clear manner you'll be alright. The questions were often to do with dealing with others i.e. work peers, clients (by not meeting demands, taking accountability for things etc.) The last question, which I remember, has got to do with knowledge of the company. It was phrased in a way making the interviewee an employee of Network Rail for 2 years.

As for the assessment centre, you'll have several things on the agenda over around 4-5 hours. Firstly, you'll have a one to one interview which involves safety questions you'll be asked to prepare beforehand. The interview involves several competency questions (i.e. describe you worked within a team, worked under time pressure etc), a technical question which involves the interviewee making design considerations for an improved platform. Afterwards, you'll be placed in groups of 3 or more, where you'll be forced to work as a team to overcome a problem where platform closures occur in a station. You will need to consider the stakeholders and how they'll be affected (i.e. how are customers affected, how are train carrier companies affected). After that you'll be given a one-to-one session to discuss how the group assessment went. Thereafter, the assessments will be finished and the rest of the assessment centre will surround presentations and information on the scheme itself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Network Rail

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online with general information, then completed a SJT as part of my application. After that was game bases assessments verbal, numerical and logical which was generally really easy compared to standard SHL tests. I conducted a video interview which gave me 90 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to provide me with my answer which was enough time. Now awaiting a response on that.

Interview Questions

• 1) You have successfully completed a difficult project that took a lot of hard work and long hours. Your line manager has no assigned you another project, but its not due to start for at least another week. (a) What would you do during the quieter period?why? (b) How will you stay motivated? (c) How will you ensure you continue to develop at Network Rail?

2) You are currently diving your…   1 Answer

Negotiation

awaiting response based on my video interview

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.