New Relic Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 559 of over 559 interviews

Employee Referral26%
Recruiter14%
HardAverageEasy

New Relic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Applied online and then got email to schedule interview. Interview lasted about 10 minutes. Only went through one interviewer and did not make it to the next step. Also did not hear back whether I moved on the next step or rejected. Just left me wondering if I ever made it to the next step.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company?
    1 Answer

New Relic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Initial screen with recruiter who was very friendly. Then an interview with the Communications hiring manager. Hiring manager was unprofessional and full of ego, talking about herself the entire time. My takeaway from this experience was there would be zero room for growth knowing I was more experienced than the hiring team and this manager wouldn't be able to handle smart people around her. So I passed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Barcelona) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process is: 1 - HR representative talk 2 - Engineering Manager talk, more about behavior and cultural questions 3 - 7 days home task which they ask to do very performant and scalable webapp feature giving big json file and asking to sort/group/add/remove/display using no 3rd party tools (interesting project to do but can be difficult for some people) 4 - 1h30 technical interview with 2 senior engineers about core concepts on javascript, dom, css. They say is about logical thinking and has no right or wrong answer but this is not true... They expect you to know all terms and even api or functions signatures by heart or they will judge you about it, even tho they say they will not do it. 5 - ? In general, was a pleasing experience until the last technical interview where I really felt not comfortable and was just getting more and more nervous. I was trying to answer questions and if some part of the answer was not aligned with what the interviewer was expecting, I was being interrupted before I was able to conclude, and with more questions over the initial one making it super confusing if we still were talking about the initial point. This made me feel more insecure about what they were expecting me to answer and breaking my line of thinking making me more nervous during the process. If the whole idea of this phase was not about right or wrong answers (clearly during the process was very noticeable that was about right/wrong answers and not logical thinking) so I would say to please, reassure and try to calm the candidate what this is about instead overloading it with more cross-questions. Overall not difficult but pay attention to the details and focus on giving the most right technical answer and if you start to be interrupted too much, remember to take a breath and organize things in your head before continuing

Interview Questions
  • if using var outside a function scope, how it will behave inside the function
  • what is CORS, How is called inside the header
  • How to add event listeners to the dom
  • how to make elements on the screen react to clicks and alert their dataset values
  • Explain event delegation, event preventDefault and preventPropagation works and question about event bubbling
  • How to center a div
  • giving a = 2 + 2; b = 2 + "2"; c = 2 + 2 + "2" what will be result
1 person found this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

First of all, there is an open chat with the recruiter. After that, you get to talk to a member of the Team. During the video call, you get to know more concisely what they do, day to day, and you get the change to talk about you.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience, about me, about what they do, some examples.

New Relic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Positive interview process overall. Friendly panel and responsive recruiters. It was a genuinely refreshing process and ended up being a big selling point for why I joined New Relic. Come prepared with stories and be ready to speak to the details.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you a feature didn't deliver to expectation. What happened?

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was given transparency and utmost communication from day one since I was referred. The recruitment team, PeopleOps, and the team I joined were collaborative, welcoming and optimistic the entire process. There was one introductory phone call with the recruiter, leading into two phone interviews (one with the manager of the team and one with a technical lead), and finally a 2 hour panel interview over Zoom. The process was quick because the team scheduled my interviews quickly while also being accurate and precise, working with my schedule to ensure everyone was doing it with the best timing in mind.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you didn't know the answer to your customers question or a troubleshooting scenario and what you did to arrive at a solution.

New Relic

Application

I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

All day interview process They took forever to get back it sucked And no justification for not getting the job Anyway glad I didn’t get it because they downhill after that ...hind sight being 20/20 it’s a blessing in disguise 🥸

Interview Questions
  • Give examples of work in product management
1 person found this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Lots of focus on behavioral questions over technical at first- really strong focus on a good culture fit. There was a phone screen, then I met with the Manager I would report to first, to pass behavioral and cultural fit. Then I was.given a very simple take home assignment- build out a mock up with a set list of core functionalities. After the take home was a Virtual On-site, split up across 2 days 4 - 1 hour sessions. 1 was very technical which was a bit of a surprise as it was not expected- explain paint/draw, explain AST, other browser performance based questions but all asked in a very vague manor and it was very hard to tell quite what they were looking for. 1 was very informal and was more of an AMA style. The next 2 interviews got cut as I did not make it any further. :(

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral questions like, tell me about a time when ..., and how do you effectively communicate ...., etc. Big focus was on - how do you go about influencing others who are not your direct reports?
  • What happens if you want to load a bunch of files on the same domain? (one of the vague questions)
  • Explain what an AST is

New Relic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter about a role on Linkedin, went through 2 phone screens and a virtual onsite with 4 people, 45 minutes each. Very straight forward interview, no surprises, no case studies, if you've been a PM for a few years and have real experience, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with stakeholders that want you to prioritize their features over what you already have in your roadmap.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in Apr 2021

Interview

1. HR Screen 2. Manager Call 3. Take-home challenge (~5-7 hours?) 4. Virtual "Onsite": Mostly behavioral, with some coding. You'll meet with several people on the team, across different roles. Offer made next business day All in all, the process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Sorry, NDA. I can say that you'll want to make sure to know your resume well, and come in well-rested and ready to meet a lot of people.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 559 Interviews