New Relic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

New Relic Interview Questions

Interviews at New Relic

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and thorough. It started with an interview with the recruiter describing the role in more detail then followed with multiple interviews with the leadership team and delivering a presentation for a management panel.

Interview Questions

• I found the presentation portion of the interview to be most challenging.   2 Answers

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was referred internally and immediately started the interview process. It started with a phone call and they brought me on site to interview with three people. This was a pretty smooth process and the recruiter kept me in the loop.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back pretty quickly from Cat Blue (awesome recruiter!). We had a 30 min phone conversation where she asked about my background and explained the role. The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Was a pleasant conversation. He started with getting to know a little about me personally before diving into my experience. The final step was an onsite panel interview with 3 managers and 1 member of the outbound SDR team. All the conversations were really helpful. They asked about my experience and let me ask them many questions as well. I heard back within a few days that we'd be moving forward with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why sales? 3) How comfortable are you with learning technical terms/language 4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 5) Tell me about management styles you've liked/disliked   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

My interview process was a bit unique due to the fact that I interviewed for two separate positions with the company, one in Portland and one in San Francisco. Both followed a similar format of a preliminary phone screening by an in-house recruiter, followed by a 30-45 min phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step in the process was a series of one on one video conference interviews which lasted about three hours and consisted of 4-5 stakeholders. For my first position, this was also followed up by an on-site interview that followed the same format, only held in person. By the time I got through all this for the second position, I think I had spoken to just about everyone related to the role so no second on-site was required.

From an impressions perspective, New Relic exudes energy. By the time I got to the final interview I was under the impression that personality fit was the main focus. Competencies and experience was established in the 2nd and 3rd interview. In any event, I think folks who are really comfortable being alert, aware, and enthusiastic really have an edge in the process. It's worth reiterating that passion goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates from New Relics perspective and what might set New Relic apart from other companies that you might be considering?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start the process, and then was brought in for a full afternoon of 30-45 minute interviews with 3 different managers, as well as the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table for a fast growing startup that would help it continue to achieve success.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very pleasant and open

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The company reached out to me for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I had a couple weeks later. Most of the questions in this preliminary interview had to do with my views on work culture and how I have handled conflict in previous jobs. I was then given a follow up in-person interview, which was scheduled for about 3 weeks later. The entire in person interview lasted from 8am to 2pm. Over the course of the day I interviewed with about 6 people, including the hiring manager, members of the team I would be working on and other team leaders. While my overall experience was generally positive (everyone was very nice, they bought me lunch, etc.), I'm not really a fan of how they structure the technical portions of their interviews. I was basically presented with a few different code challenges with no context or preparation time beforehand. I am not a fan of these kinds of "white board" challenges because I do not think that they accurately reflect how a person would perform in a real work context. About a week after the interview, I heard back from the hiring manager saying that they were going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the technical questions were in the form of small code challenges, which were either performed on a computer or sketched out on a white board.   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

A 4 stage process.
    The first stage was a phone call describing the interviewing process.
    The second stage was an onsite interview checking if you and your resume match the requirements.
    The third stage was a code challenge.
    The forth stage was a series of short interviews and programming/pair programming tests.

Interview Questions

• Are you you currently interviewing for other jobs?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Originally contacted by an internal recruiter. Replied with interest and set up a 20 minute phone call with recruiter. Answered basic questions about experience, interest, reason for looking for a new job. Ended the call with a plan to schedule a meeting with the hiring manager (since the position is in the city I live in).

Had coffee with hiring manager and discussed position specifics, company and my interest/experience. Arranged for a code challenge at their office the following Friday

Went to their office for a code challenge, was shown around the office and went to a conference room. Was given Fizz Buzz level challenge involving csv data processing and aggregation. Discussed, whiteboarded, then was given laptop and wrote up solution and tested against test data.

Got a call back for an all day on site interview. On site consisted of a series of ~1hr 1:1 meetings with team members and people the position interacts with. Most interviews involved discussing of development process or previous challenges. Two involved light coding against test scenarios.

Application

Interview

1. phone conversation with a recruiter and a manager
    2. take home project
    3. onsite interview with 5 interviewers

It took me a while to complete the interview process (take home project and other interviews). But the process is well organized and the recruiter did a great job to follow up

Interview Questions

• homework: design and implement a RoR app   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had one phone screen with a hiring manager, which was followed up by on-site interviews that took most of the day. Interviews were mixed, but over the course of the day it became clear that different people had different expectations for the role. Some people clearly wanted a .NET developer to work on some very specific tasks, and others wanted an experienced developer who knew how to architect and scale applications deployed to the cloud. My skills are definitely the latter, and not the former, so the end result was predictable.
    This was the Seattle office, which is a smaller and perhaps less experienced group than the one in Portland. I also happened to have interviewed with the Portland office some time ago, and found them to have a much more disciplined approach to hiring. Better focus on what they were looking for and better testing of skills.
    Which just goes to show that you not only need to find a great company, which I believe New Relic to be, but also find the right team in that company.

Interview Questions

• If you were a character in a movie or book, who would it be? And please don't say Captain Kirk, because lots of people say that.   1 Answer

New Relic Response

13 Apr 2015 – VP, People

Thank you for your feedback, and I appreciate that you took the time to provide it. We've discussed your concerns with recruiters involved, and with the hiring team. The Seattle group is in fact... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.