Newton Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 1 Sep 2018

3.5

Consultatnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got invited to take an online test and then a video interview and was finally invited to t the selection day in New York. There were 8 people and it started with introducing each other after a brief conversation. Then there was a written test and finally a group case study. After which they give lunch and after lunch they tell who is going to stay further and who leaves. Out of 8 people, five were international and 3 Americans. They sent back all internationals and kept only Americans, not sure if that was intentional but certainly seemed like it given the performance we saw from everyone. Interview process is long but good overall.

Interview Questions

• What would you ask the Newton director if you saw him on the elevator.   Answer Question

5 Dec 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are extremely passionate about our recruitment process and endeavour to ensure it is a positive learning experience for all applicants regardless of the... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (London, WV (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

After completing online numerical and verbal tests, got email to fill in more info about yourself, then email to complete video interview with 3 questions, 30 seconds to think and 60 seconds per video interview

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was sent a link to do a numerical and data interpretation test. After passing that, I had to do a recorded interview. The online interview had 3 basic questions. Be prepared to talk to a camera under a time limit (and try to stay calm).
    After the online interview, I was invited to selection day where you and approx. 7 other people will spend time presenting, working on a case, and doing more numerical/data interpretation tests. After lunch, some people are sent home, and the remaining will spend time one-on-one with the assessor explaining a given case and doing self-assessment. The final test was a multiple choice test on a new concept they would teach. Try to work on the data interpretation part quickly, as time runs out pretty fast. Cases were straightforward (very numerical) but the assessor asked questions that were challenging. Be enthusiastic, confident, positive and listen to others.

Interview Questions

• Online:
      What would you ask the director?
      Example of leadership.
      What would they (Newton) describe you if you've worked together for 3 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was asked to do a math/physics/engineering online test, which was followed by another data analysis/case test. The tests are not easy and time is a constraint. Then, I was invited to do an online video interview composed of 3 questions. I passed that round and I will be attending the selection day which is the next stage of the interview process.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newton Europe in October 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was an online test. The first test is general math test to test your number crunching skills. The second online test was a Data Interpretation test containing questions similar to the cases Newton Consultants handle day to day.

The second round was an online video interview where you have to answer three questions. The questions flash on the screen. You have 30 seconds to think of an answer and 1 minute to answer. They are general behavioural questions, similar to those you filled out on the form.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your best accomplishment is - personal, academic or professional? Why?   1 Answer

24 Nov 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Glassdoor, we are always keen to hear about candidate experiences and ways that we can improve our recruitment process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online application (numerical test, video interview). On the selection day: Introducing each other followed by some group activities (also presentations about the company, have the chance to ask questions). Performance will be evaluated and they will decide whether you can stay for afternoon interview right after lunch.

Interview Questions

Newton Europe Response

14 Dec 2016 – Candidate Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Glassdoor, I am pleased to hear your experience was a positive one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

First is video interview.Questions include:
    1.What do you want to ask a Newton director
    2.If we've been working together for 3 months, what would I say about you? Something good, something bad?
    3.Leadership experiences

Interview Questions

• What do you want to ask a Newton director
      Leadership experiences   Answer Question

10 Mar 2016 – Graduate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First step: Online questions (about basic maths) 35 questions with 45 min, case study(15 questions) within 45 min

Second step: Online video interview. Three questions in total and I didn't pass this round interview

Interview Questions

• Any question you wanna ask Newton?
      One example about your leadership   Answer Question

12 Nov 2015 – Graduate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Glassdoor, we are always keen to hear about candidate experiences. Although unsuccessful this time we welcome you to reapply in twelve months.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newton Europe in October 2014.

Interview

Initially sat two 20 minute multiple-choice tests on Maths and Physics/Engineering. Questions were quite simple and didn't require much knowledge but it was a rush to finish everything in time. A few days later, I was invited for an 'Assessment Day' with 10 others. This began with a short 2-minute presentation (prepared beforehand) to the group, followed by a short presentation by a Newton consultant on Coupled Processes. We were given a short written case study on this material (details in the next section). Afterwards, the group split up into two with one doing a team building exercise (building a structure out of paper) and the other having 1-on-1 interviews. Typical interview questions: describe a time in which you failed, what is your greatest weakness, why do you want to work for us etc. Was not invited to stay for the afternoon session.

Interview Questions

• The case study was based around a shampoo manufacturing plant with three components: a mixing stage, which feeds into a storage tank, followed by bottling. The mixing and bottling machines each have a certain expected downtime with different frequencies. You are asked to change how to control the speeds of both the mixer and the bottler such that the overall production rate is maximised.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

They said they wanted to hire US based experienced consultants, train them in the UK, and then bring them back to the US. They ended up bringing 8 of us to the final "selection day" and hired no one :)
    Selection day consisted of a 3 min presentation (without slides or props), 3 written tests - numerical, IQ and physics, behavioral interview and 30 min case. 5 candidates were sent back after lunch. The 3 remaining had one other case in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• The case questions were around manufacturing process optimization, so it looked like they were looking for some very specific set of skills. Something seemed very odd the way the whole process was conducted.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.