Newton Europe Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Newton Europe Management Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Newton Europe

3.6

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe.

Interview

I applied to Newton Europe as an experienced hire after they approached me via LinkedIn. I had to contact them twice in order for the online test link to be sent before it finally came through to me. I completed the tests 7 weeks ago and still have no heard back from the company with regards the outcome. I am very unimpressed with the application process for experienced hires at Newton Europe, I am working full time and applying for other companies so find being made to wait for 7 weeks to get a response to automate online test unacceptable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Newton Europe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newton Europe (Oxford, England).

Interview

Undertook a quick maths and data interpretation test. It wasn't hard, just rapid arithmetic maths. No calcs allowed. After this there is a video interview. You have 1 minute to answer and no chance to rerecord.

Interview Questions

Newton Europe Response

5 Jan 2016 – Graduate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

After completing an online test and a phone chat, you are given an assessment centre day which is broken up into several parts: quantitative written test, oral presentation, group work, one-on-one interview and two case studies.

The case studies will involve going the explanation of a Newton "teach", where they present you with a methodology and then you have to apply this during the case study.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Newton?   1 Answer
    • Why management consulting?   1 Answer
    • Discuss a project during which you showed leadership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newton Europe (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Numerical test at university; formal application; automated video interview; interview 'day' in London, including 3 min presentation, one-to-one interview, another numerical test, team exercise. There were eight candidates. I was surprised at the low standard of some of their presentations. I thought my interview went well and that I had a good with the interviewee. At one point, they divided us into two groups of four for a team building exercise. We had to build a tower of cards! At lunchtime, we were told that they only wanted to continue with one candidate who was a physics student. I felt that although they say that degree subject doesn't matter, they are more interested in those studying science / maths subjects.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about a time when I had to use leadership skills.   Answer Question

Newton Europe Response

10 Mar 2016 – Graduate Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback. For us at Newton it's all about ability rather than education. We have found that people from STEM subjects find our tests more natural but many have passed from other backgrounds and we like to keep the opportunity to apply to Newton open to all.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newton Europe in October 2013.

Interview

Numerical, physics and non-verbal tests, and short application form. Accepted onto Assessment day. Consisted of giving a 3 minute presentation, an interview, a paper-based consulting exercise and 'team building' spaghetti tower building exercise. All but four sent home at lunch, after lunch a further exercise based on a fictional company. Role play with day organisers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.