Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2018

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Stock Room Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

online form, quick 2 minute interview with manager on phone. invited to store, was there with another candidate. The store manager told us some info about what they were looking for. had to work with an existing staff member for a bit. was not given any one to one time with manager.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied Online , Got a call from next personnel for on the spot interview and asked various questions like "What is the best service you ever gotten? " and "Why do you feel you the best candidate for this role?". Sent an email for assessment centre at branch - Was asked to tag some clothes and return some items to shop floor . Was offered the role, the same day.

Sales Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Nottingham, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, next day received a phone call stating they would like to conduct a simple phone interview. After completing the phone interview, the manager asked me to come in for a team assessment the following Saturday. The assessment involved no interview at all, and the store staff did not even ask me to work on the shop floor to see how I get on! The staff were lovely, took me to the staff room then gave me my hours and gave me a tour of the store. Afterwards I was given a Next gift card as a thank you for attending the assessment and told they were looking forward to seeing me on my first shift. Really easy and enjoyable application process and very friendly staff!

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest achievement?   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a time when you received exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • What makes you right for this job?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online and went through a 10 minute personality quiz. After that there was also a paragraph about their new website and questions about the paragraph, then example sales discounts and arithmetic questions about that.
    I received a phone call for a phone interview the next day which I couldn't take as I was busy. I called the number back and left a message with a colleague. I didn't hear back for 4 days, then received a call. I was asked my DOB and if I had right to work in Uk. Then I was asked why I would like to work for Next and then what makes good customer service.
    I was told I had passed phone interview and given date and time for team assessment which was 2 days later.
    Team assessment was strange as I was only person there. I was put on shop floor into two depts over 15/20 minutes and told to interact and I would be assessed. I wasn't aware of anyone watching me, but I chatted to customers, tidied shelves and filled gaps using stock from cages.
    I was then taken upstairs and told that was assessment over, given £10 voucher and told they would contact me in a few days. When I was given the gift card I felt like it was a consolation prize and thought I probably didn't get job, but I got an email 24 hours later offering me a job with different hours than the one I applied for, which I accepted.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Next step was a phone interview, which they scheduled the next day for, giving little time to prepare. This was for a temporary role, it may differ for a perm role.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leicester, England) in December 2017.

Interview

First, there is an mobile app game that you get tested on, it is a psychometric test and it is quite simple and unbiased of gamers. Then there is a Group assessment which is 27 minutes (15 questions) and Two stage interview. One was informal, the other formal.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your communication?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online, simple maths/English skills test and brief questionnaire about how you would respond to different situations in store.
    Received a call about two to three weeks after applying directly from the store I applied to, they asked me if I could do a phone interview, I said yes and they fetched my paperwork, asked me to confirm DOB/right to work in UK/form of ID I have. They then asked me a few pretty typical retail questions and questions about myself. I was then asked to come into store on an agreed date and time so that I could do a trial shift on the shop floor and they could assess my attitude to work. Yet to do the trial shift, but everyone I spoke to was very pleasant and I have high hopes that the trial shift will be a good experience!

Trainee Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Next Retail in November 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out process, went through initial application to online tests, then to video interview and then progressed to a telephone interview. Telephone interview was awful, the buyer that was interviewing myself was rude and belittling and put me off of the company completely. They made the interview feel rushed and acted like I was insignificant.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online which was a personality questionnaire and basic maths and comprehension questions. I was emailed a short time after saying that I had been shortlisted. A few weeks after this I received a phone call asking if I could do a phone interview there and then where they asked fairly standard customer service questions, and I was asked at the end of this call to come into the store for a Team Assessment. The team assessment lasted about an hour and I had to perform tasks on the shop floor such as choosing an outfit I would gift someone and explaining why I chose it, I worked on the tills for a short period of time and had to approach customers on the shop floor asking if they needed help. All the staff were really friendly and nice to me and made me feel welcome. At the end of the assessment I was brought back to the staff room and offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.