Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated 9 Dec 2017

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online and went through a 10 minute personality quiz. After that there was also a paragraph about their new website and questions about the paragraph, then example sales discounts and arithmetic questions about that.
    I received a phone call for a phone interview the next day which I couldn't take as I was busy. I called the number back and left a message with a colleague. I didn't hear back for 4 days, then received a call. I was asked my DOB and if I had right to work in Uk. Then I was asked why I would like to work for Next and then what makes good customer service.
    I was told I had passed phone interview and given date and time for team assessment which was 2 days later.
    Team assessment was strange as I was only person there. I was put on shop floor into two depts over 15/20 minutes and told to interact and I would be assessed. I wasn't aware of anyone watching me, but I chatted to customers, tidied shelves and filled gaps using stock from cages.
    I was then taken upstairs and told that was assessment over, given £10 voucher and told they would contact me in a few days. When I was given the gift card I felt like it was a consolation prize and thought I probably didn't get job, but I got an email 24 hours later offering me a job with different hours than the one I applied for, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online, simple maths/English skills test and brief questionnaire about how you would respond to different situations in store.
    Received a call about two to three weeks after applying directly from the store I applied to, they asked me if I could do a phone interview, I said yes and they fetched my paperwork, asked me to confirm DOB/right to work in UK/form of ID I have. They then asked me a few pretty typical retail questions and questions about myself. I was then asked to come into store on an agreed date and time so that I could do a trial shift on the shop floor and they could assess my attitude to work. Yet to do the trial shift, but everyone I spoke to was very pleasant and I have high hopes that the trial shift will be a good experience!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Next step was a phone interview, which they scheduled the next day for, giving little time to prepare. This was for a temporary role, it may differ for a perm role.

Sales Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Nottingham, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, next day received a phone call stating they would like to conduct a simple phone interview. After completing the phone interview, the manager asked me to come in for a team assessment the following Saturday. The assessment involved no interview at all, and the store staff did not even ask me to work on the shop floor to see how I get on! The staff were lovely, took me to the staff room then gave me my hours and gave me a tour of the store. Afterwards I was given a Next gift card as a thank you for attending the assessment and told they were looking forward to seeing me on my first shift. Really easy and enjoyable application process and very friendly staff!

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online which was a personality questionnaire and basic maths and comprehension questions. I was emailed a short time after saying that I had been shortlisted. A few weeks after this I received a phone call asking if I could do a phone interview there and then where they asked fairly standard customer service questions, and I was asked at the end of this call to come into the store for a Team Assessment. The team assessment lasted about an hour and I had to perform tasks on the shop floor such as choosing an outfit I would gift someone and explaining why I chose it, I worked on the tills for a short period of time and had to approach customers on the shop floor asking if they needed help. All the staff were really friendly and nice to me and made me feel welcome. At the end of the assessment I was brought back to the staff room and offered the job there and then.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, interview over the phone then asked to come into the shop. Took them a long time to finally start my interview. Was done and dusted pretty quickly then had to do an assessment. Did not care that they had put me in one zone which was practically deserted.

Trainee Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Next Retail in November 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out process, went through initial application to online tests, then to video interview and then progressed to a telephone interview. Telephone interview was awful, the buyer that was interviewing myself was rude and belittling and put me off of the company completely. They made the interview feel rushed and acted like I was insignificant.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application and then a Phone interview asking the usual competency questions. Passed that and scheduled and Interview for a few days later. Had to go in there was a few candidates and we watched a few videos. Talked about them and then got sent on the shop floor to help the customers. HOWEVER there was not one customer on the whole entire floor and the women who was assessing me mentioned how quiet it was and unfortunate for me. What was worst was the fact that all the staff members on menswear including the women assessing me was huddled in the corner with their backs turned talking about their weekends. Oh and they never asked any interview type questions at all !

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient. First received a phone call (which I missed but they called back a week later), I was completely unprepared but the questions were fairly basic and easy to answer. Then I had to go for a floor assessment the next day. It was a Thursday so it wasn't that busy. I was expecting a face to face interview but we were just observed on the shop floor for about 45 mins. I was put in the menswear department, the other interviewees were put in womens/children's etc. My advice would be just smile and greet EVERY customer you come across/ask if they need help. Two customers asked me to check if items were in stock which helped. I received the job however be aware that you won't necessarily get the contracted hours you applied for. However, since it's only for a month I'm not too fussed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.