Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Me and another candidate were asked to perform what we thought was correct on the shop floor, in terms of approaching customers and seeing if they required further assistance. Due to it being so quiet on the floor was really difficult to do so tried looking busy by reordering some shelves

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a phone interview first and passed then had to come in for an assessment and was pretty good, staff couldn't have been more nicer trying to give me advice on what to do when I go to the shop floor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should get this job   Answer Question
    • What is the best customer service experience you received or gave and why was it so good   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from someone there a couple of days later. They asked if I had a passport and national insurance number and asked me to come in store for an interview the following week. A few hours later another woman called and asked me if I had time for an over the phone interview. They asked things like 'what was the last thing you got that you were proud of' 'describe the best customer service you've ever received' 'why are you the best person for this job'. Both the women I spoke to on the phone sounded lovely so I was excited to go in for the assessment.
    At the assessment the group leader/interviewer said that they only had 4 jobs to offer. First we watched a DVD about putting the customers first and product second, then we were taken down to the sales floor and were each told to go to a different area and pick out a gift for someone, explain it and then put it back to show if we could remember where stock is. Then we were split off again to 'look after' different areas of the shop. I ended up shadowing on tills and the woman I was shadowing was v dismissive which put me off a lot. After about 15-20minutes of that we were taken to the stock room to learn how it works. Finally we were taken back to the office, given £10 gift vouchers and told we would be called later that day or by the end of the week. The woman leading the assessment was lovely and very easy to get along with but every other person I encountered in store really ended up putting me off working with them.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online, then got called in for an interview. There was a small group of us. We were led through the store to the upstairs staffroom. We had to do small introductions of ourselves then a small hypothetical question section.

Interview Questions

• In keeping with current trends, pick and outfit from the women's department and explain why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Guildford, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, got a phone call the same day asking if I could attend a team assessment in-store on Thursday, I said yes, I wore shoes, black trousers and a casual plain t-shirt (for people wondering what to wear). Went to assessment, had to work on shop floor on mens department fir about an hour with a member of staff reviewing me, I just talked to customers, said hello, tidied up where I could, smiled and was then taken back to staff room after the hour where I was asked if I could attend induction on Saturday. I got the job offer, surprisingly I didn't go through any verbal interview, only questions asked through application.

Anonymous Employee in Knaresborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Knaresborough, England).

Interview

Brief sit down interview with the store manager, fairly informal.
    Then you are given a tour of the store and then are assessed by a member of staff interacting and helping customers. You are assessed for around 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Norwich, England).

Interview

It was a mobile interview first about why I would like to work at the company and my past jobs etc.
    They then followed that with a face to face interview, which was boring and nothing was asked about me.

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Having applied online by answering a series of easy questions that didn't take very long I was rang a day after. I did the phone interview just the day after so the process was fast. I pass and arranged for an instore assessment where I answers a few questioned then was paired with a lady on the shop floor. She was really friendly and informative so I felt welcomed. After this I was taken back into the office and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Availability?
      What do you do? Uni, work, college?
      Why you want to work there?
      What interests you?
      Example of good customer service?
      Proudest achievement?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

First stage consisted of online questions untimed. Very easy reasoning true or false based on a passage about the company then maths test.

'Personality' test was next. Tip to the wise, it says to be honest but I wouldn't and put down what they want to hear. I should have possibly strongly agreed rather than agreed with statements as I failed this and overthought about scenarios. Seems a rather daft process as I have many years successful retail managing experience but previous experience isn't even brought into it at this point.

One thing I will give them is that they are quick to get back to you, 24 hours later, so at least you know one way or the other.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.