Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2018
1,052 Interview Reviews

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview based on project and industry experience, pretty laid. On site interview involved Case interviewing style (consulting type interviewing) with the entire management team. They are looking for experience professionals and people that can work through challenging situations with solid business logic.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project you had success in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate higher than initial offer, they are willing to work with you to get close to your historical compensation range.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview, offer. It took a little time from when I had applied to when I heard from them. After that it was pretty quick. Phone interview on day and then they set up an in person interview for the next week. Offer came a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They had a bunch of brain teaser type questions like if you are in a lake on a boat with a rock and you throw the rock in the water, what will happen to the water level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, 1 telephonic and onsite. This company in SJ is such a waste of time. They cancelled my interview 2 hours before the scheduled. Took a day off from work for nothing. Then they gave me 1 hour telephonic for a formality. They don't want to hire anyone unless you're Indian and a male. The entire team is made of male Indians. Advice to HR, please diversify the teams.

Interview Questions

• Asked to Implement a Hash table.   1 Answer
    • Java conceptual questions such as garbage collection, hashmap, threading.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

2 phone screenings (30 min each)
    on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long)

Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave what i asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Arlington Heights, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview which basically consisted of talking about my projects, some C++ questions, and data structures.

Onsite interview consisted of talking to 3 engineers and 1-2 managers. Everybody was pretty friendly except one engineer that seemed anti-social and very monotone. It almost seemed like he hated me from the moment he stepped in the door.

2 of the engineers had about 100 questions printed out on paper. Some of them repeated each other. So it could be that they weren't very well prepared and got them from the same source. The questions were simple and you either knew the answer or you didn't. There was a few coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Some very high level questions that a customer would worry about. It was difficult for me to get the answer from a programmers perspective.   Answer Question

Got a better offer elsewhere

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (India, MS (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

its just normal software stuff

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

I sat in a room and various people came, asked questions, and left. The interview process was extremely informal, and the interviewers did not coordinate with each other between visits. I had 2 people (on the same team) ask me the same logic-puzzle-type problem.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of sql questions.   Answer Question
    • Logic puzzle from Die Hard (3 gal bucket, 5 gal bucket, make 4 gals)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted the entry-level offer, which they later raised by about 2k. Apparently another entry-level negotiated hard, and they wanted to keep it fair for everyone.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

1 telephonic round followed by 3 to 4 rounds of tech discussions in person majorly focused on OS, Networking, basic data structures, programming. followed by a HR interview. If you are good in LTE concepts will be a great value add.

Interview Questions

• OS, C, C++, Networking and telecommunication related questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.