Nokia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nokia Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2018

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got a call 2 weeks after sending my resume over at jobstreet. I was told that the exam was for 2 hours starting at 9. Smart casual attire was acceptable. I got there at 8:45 and other applicants started pouring in. We didn't start until 9:45 because the exam proctor was late.

The exam had 6 items to be answered in 3 hours. There were 3 easy coding problems , 2 average, and 1 difficult. We were in a boardroom with laptops. They said we should get an email about the results in around 2 weeks. Only then will we get to be interviewed (technical and then behavioral).

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

First round, is based purely on the resume. You need to know your resume thoroughly. They might go in depth regarding few topics. The coding part is average. However, they let you choose any language .

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the projects that I mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Interview

For this position, there will be two rounds. Both are mixture of technical and non-technical questions. The first round involves basic questions related to networking , coding and HR questions. It went with an experienced employer in that domain. The second round involved the same combination but slightly difficult than the first round.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was about technical knowledge on cloud and overall work experience. Interviewer asked more about concepts of cloud infrastructure and networking. He also asked behavioral questions related to past work experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was with the hiring manager for a software engineer position under the SDN/NFV team. They were looking for a person who was extremely good in Python for the internship position in Raleigh-Durham area.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly related to Python programming and resume-based.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

coding test followed by in person interview. The coding test involved a linked list question. The in-person interview was more technical questions - what is a static variable, what is volatile etc.

Interview Questions

• what is a static variable, what is volatile etc. What is difference between pass by value and refence   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

It was good. they were very supportive and understanding. they help me to get the right answer . they also described about themselves to make me feel comfortable. they helped to open up about me and feel relax.

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, 1 telephonic and onsite. This company in SJ is such a waste of time. They cancelled my interview 2 hours before the scheduled. Took a day off from work for nothing. Then they gave me 1 hour telephonic for a formality. They don't want to hire anyone unless you're Indian and a male. The entire team is made of male Indians. Advice to HR, please diversify the teams.

Interview Questions

• Asked to Implement a Hash table.   1 Answer
    • Java conceptual questions such as garbage collection, hashmap, threading.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Two 45 mins phone interviews. Mix of technical and behavioral questions. Questions on coding as well as networking concepts were asked. The interviewers are friendly. Know your resume really well before the interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Total 4 rounds. First round written conducted by amcat. Second round asked questions on computer networks covered 7 layers, difference between router and switch , asked to write linked list insertion total program. Second round total about project. Fibal hr .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.