Nomura Holdings Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nomura Holdings Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

In person interview and phone. As well as screening about c#, sql and business meetings. Python questions as well as OOP questions. Meeting with other higher ups which didn't relate to the role, kind of rambling mess.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The interviewers asked basic computer science and programming questions. Received a call about a week later saying I had gotten the job. The process was brief and straightforward.

Developer Interview

Interview

Phone interview by hiring manager asked background and experience, simple C++ questions and interest rate swap. Met some senior members on the team at onsite interview. Question covers VBA, C#, C++ and fixed income. Merge two ranges on spreadsheet, thisworkbook and activeworkbook, factorial, read a text file and then find the word with highest frequency, duration and convexity, call and put, delta and gamma.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I was given 2 tests one on core java concepts and the other a scenario based java cache problem.

In the 1:1 interview
    I was asked several questions on core java, multithreading, concurrency (executorService, futures, con-HashMap).

Interview Questions

• write method to sum 1m # using concurrency package from Java 1.5/1.6   1 Answer

Negotiation

no i was happy with my offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

A general discussion about previous roles and approach to problem solving. This part went really well. But the company has a tendency to ghost candidates and you hear nothing back in the form of feedback or even the outcome of the interview. I was so excited about the possibility of joining the company so the wait was hard and eventually I had to just assume I'd been unsuccessful. A friend interviewed with them a number of years ago and apparently had a similar experience.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

1st round of technical interview followed by 2nd round and HR round simultaneously. It was conducted in campus recruitment. In 1st round they asked questions about projects, SQL, logic based program in any language etc. and general questions about things mentioned in CV, hobbies as well. In next technical round they grilled over SQL, language, puzzles, probability based questions etc. HR round was simple related to family background, about us, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job why don't you invest in a startup?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had bad experience with the interview process. I had 3 technical rounds, after clearing these round then HR round. After this they scheduled 2 managerial round. After giving these round I got call from HR after 2 days and told me that your profile not matching. Such pathetic experience I had. After 6 round they get to know that my profile does not match.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

60 mins Aptitude test which was very difficult to crack and after that wait for results and if shortlisted proceed in the next rounds which are tech interview and HR

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Two face to face interviews lasting an hour each. One was competency/motivation based - focussing on company values, my career aspirations and Nomura's plans for the future. The other was technical based - focussing on python/finance.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

We had an aptitude test as the first round. There were three sections with 20 questions each. 60 questions 60 mins. The three sections were: Verbal, Quants and Logical Reasoning. The questions were a bit tricky. After the first round, there were Personal interviews of the shortlisted candidates. First there was one technical round, then second technical round and then the final HR interview. At every stage, students are filtered. finally after all these rounds, the final candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• In the first technical round:
      Q1. tell me something about yourself.
      Q2. what are your favourite subjects
      Questions based on that.
      Q3. One LR based puzzle
      I was asked:
      Given 10 identical bottles of identical pills (each bottle contain hundred of pills). Out of 10 bottles 9 have 1 gram of pills but 1 bottle has pills of weight of 1.1 gram. Given a measurement scale, how would you find the heavy bottle? You can use the scale only once.

others were asked questions like
      there is a 5 lit and a 3 lit flask, how will you fill 4 lits of water in the 5lit flask.

Q4. then she asked me about my projects.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.