Nomura Holdings Global Markets Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Global Markets Analyst

Nomura Holdings Global Markets Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Resume drop followed by a on campus interview. Next round was an in-person interview in New York. 3 half hour one on one interviews. All very behavioral; a couple of brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Nomura?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied in late October and got a HR screening interview a week later. The interview is completely behavioral. The interviewer is nice. He is willing to hear about your story. I did not feel any pressure throughout the interview process. However, you need to articulate your answer since they need to type it down and forward it to the team that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What if your coworkers do not proceed really well? How do you handle ambiguous instructions from supervisors?   1 Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I apply for the job from campus. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is on campus which contains most of the normal behavior questions. Then I received the message for final round after two days. The final round is on site. It take two hours and I met four interviewers for different teams. The questions covered Java core, Database, Java collection, multi thread, and Big Data. The process was nice and the interviewers were friendly.

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through internal recruiter. One phone interview with the hiring team. Typical walk through resume question and specific questions on past experience. Super day with senior team members. Typical front-office questions, brainteasers, market

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On campus interview followed by 3hr, 6 person super day. Both interviews very informal and personality based. Accepted the offer and had a 10 week internship rotating among three desks. Unmatched access to managing directors and other high level management. Small, nimble firm with high aspirations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

My first-round interview was a phone call consisting of 30 minutes of competency based questions including one probability question and one on compounding. I was quizzed on the background of Nomura and why I had applied. I was interviewed by three Juniors and was first asked to describe myself, talking about Internship experience and education.

Interview Questions

• If you went to a client's house and he/she had two kids and you find out one of them is a girl, what is the probability the other is a boy?   2 Answers
    • if you have a first 10 year return of 1.5% but an overall 20yr return rate of 1.75%, what was the return in the final 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Which divisions interest you and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

A 30-minute telephone call asking about why Nomura and other technical aspects. Not super difficult but must have good idea about current market and outlook. A good experience nonetheless despite not getting further. Should have brushed up more technicals before the interview

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2016.

Interview

online application, 1st round hr phone call, questions were the same for all candidates, all behavioral. Didn't get 2nd round. Hr didn't seem to care about the answers, just typed down what ever I said. She didn't give any response to what I said.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Online Application
    Online tests
    Telephone interview - 2 junior bankers 1 x competency 1xtechnical
    Final round interview 3x competency with vice presidents 1x technical interview on a case study you have been looking at for 45 mins before

Interview Questions

• 1. how you reacted to negative feedback   2 Answers

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a multi stage section on-campus process at IIT-kharagpur. It started with resume shortlisting, GD round and three interview rounds and concluded with a company lunch and by the end of the day the final selection list was released.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some vanilla derivatives and elaborate on how they might be priced?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.