Nomura Holdings Global Markets Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nomura Holdings Global Markets Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

3.2

Global Market Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

it's phone interview, but I heard that nomura offers a lot of phone interview.
20 mins, behavior questions, and will ask the results of some of your experience.
and after that, it never gives feedback. even no rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your projects, what's the daily routine of the global market analyst ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England).

Interview

Stage 1: online tests (verbal and numerical I think), pretty standard.

Stage 2: following screening after the online tests, I was invited to do a 30 minute telephone interview with two members of staff (non-senior I think). Pretty simple really, they asked the standard competency questions related to team work and situational stuff, commercial awareness of events in the markets, and then threw in a logic question: "How many tube journeys are made by Nomura's London employees per day?", as well as 49x49. Really nice guys and very relaxed.

Stage 3: A few weeks later I was invited to do an assessment centre along with feedback on the telephone interview. There were 4 of us in the assessment centre, and we had 4 interviews including a case study. To start off we had 45 minutes to individually analyse a research paper. It was quite a large and complex paper, so that was quite an intense 45 minutes. We then had 4 interviews, one of which was our pitch on the case study. My first guy was an exec in emerging market credit sales and was really relaxed and nice and we got along really well, and was a solely competency-based interview. My second interview was my case study one with a VP in structuring. This was much more technical and he made sure that I fully understood everything I was mentioning with questions such as "Through what assets would you buy volatility?" to which I answered options or swaps. We then discussed options and their impact on the currency markets and volatility, and why they might have certain impacts on the ECB etc. As a physics student, he tried to help me answer, rather than expecting me to answer easily. Third was with the MD of GBP rates trading, and was very tough and he was stern, seeming quite bored by what I was saying. He asked me things like "What would I get if I added all the integers from 1 to 100?", "How would you invest £2m?", "How would you price a bond?" etc. The final guy was in EUR rates trading, and he spoke for most of the interview, while at the same time asking me what I think of certain things in the credit markets.

I got a phone call from the EM credit sales guy the next day to congratulate me with an offer.

Global Markets Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The first round is HR interview. All about behavior questions. HR is very nice, and it seems she is just taking down what I said. The result will be informed in one week.

Interview Questions

• Why Nomura?
      Why Global Markets?
      Leadership experience
      Use communication to solve problem
      What you learn in work   Answer Question

Global Market Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application then invited to complete an online test.
    After that its a telephone interview with two analysts on competency and numerical questions.
    The final round interview involves four interviews. Mainly on competency.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about how you balance your study and extracurricular activities   Answer Question

Global Markets Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was just behavior interview by HR. She asked about why Nomura why this division and other basic behavior questions. It was a phone interview and lasted half an hour.
    My suggestion is make sure you have fully prepared for the interview and treat it like animal day when you are networking with others.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.