Nomura Holdings Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nomura Holdings Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

2.9

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Interviewer asked about my resume and why IB. Phone Screen interview. Quick phone call, gave some background about themselves. Average process, regular IB type of interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the different valuation methodologies?   1 Answer
  • Which valuation methodology produces the highest value?   1 Answer
  • What is the formula for the cost of equity?   Answer Question
  • Give me some examples of multiples for public comps   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

30 min interview with 2 analysts. Behaviorals, why banking, Nomura, etc. Nothing unusual. A few technicals (conceptual), nothing intense. People were nice, still a small group but trying to grow. Pretty smooth interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Why EV / EBITDA instead of EV / NI?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Pretty chill. Kinda annoying because I got the technicals right but then he kept asking me: "Are you sure?" Then it became not chill pretty quickly. I would say definitely make sure that you know your technicals and are properly prepared. I went in pretty blind since I had an exam the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

30-min First Round Interview. 2 Analysts. Quite informal and mostly about fit.

Mostly behavioural questions, why I want to work at Nomura, why IB etc. Questions about industries I'm interested in and some stocks I like.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied the position through the college career website. First-round interview was conducted on campus, and interview questions are mainly focused in behavioral questions. Overall the interview was dry and very structured, but the interviewer's reaction to my answers made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for the investment banking division?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • What companies do you follow?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in August 2017.

Interview

Resume drop through on-campus recruiting. Heard back within 2 weeks that I had an interview and heard the result of the interview within three days. The interview process was pretty straight-forward; offers were given after the first round.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was fit, I did not get asked a single technical question. Example: Is there anything about the program that makes you nervous? What is your favorite class and why? What is a typical day like for you? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Hanover, NH (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

it was a very chill process, the interviewers were very nice, mostly focused on fit with a few technical questions toward the end and none that were unexpected. My interviewers were very friendly, happy to answer my questions about the firm and probed my experiences deeply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. I attended Explore Nomura sophomore insight event in March, received a call from HR in April for a superday invitation and interviewed in May. The superday was standard with 4 interviews, 30 minutes each back-to-back.

Interview Questions

• Fed interest rates and effects on inflation and unemployment   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by a superday at the offices, composed of 3 interviews. First round interview was conducted by an executive director. Superday consisted of an interview with an analyst and two associates.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical questions (walk me through valuation methodologies, what tends to give you the highest valuation, a company with a higher P/E acquires one with a lower P/E - accretive or dilutive, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 rounds:
    pre-phone screen - HR contacted, essentially about my background but I don't think this impacts whether you get the 1st round or not. (just to get to know you)
    1st round - 2 interviewers over the phone and 2 brain teasers each
    2nd/ Superday - 3 interviewers (1 behavioral/brain teaser, 1 case study/technicals, 1 market focused)

Interview Questions

• brain teasers
      generic market overview
      case study - basic accretion/dilution questions (p/e multiples)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.