NortonLifeLock Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NortonLifeLock Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at NortonLifeLock

2.9

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through university portal.

Interview Questions

• Explain and code the Philosophers Problem.   2 Answers
  • Reverse a string.   2 Answers
  • Example & usage of virtual keyword in C/C++.   2 Answers
  • Example of operation overloading in C++   Answer Question
  • How would you explain in a class about Garbage Collection in Java. Show a code comparison with C++.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NortonLifeLock

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock.

Interview

I visited Symantec at my University's career fair and Symantec contacted me 3 weeks later for an interview. The interview was about 40 minutes long with a very few technical questions as I was just a sophomore in college. They were just trying to get a feel for me.

Interview Questions

• Just a simple coding problem. Really just trying to see if you understand loops, outputs, and remainders.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in March 2013.

Interview

One phone interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not yet.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Invited to onsite interview without phone screens. I changed it to two skype interviews because I did't have time to travel. Some technical questions regarding Java (OOP) , networking and unix command for the first one and behavior questions for the second one. No coding questions are asked. The interviewers are both hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• when you create a socket, what's in the parameter? Why Java needs interface?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Culver City, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a university recruitment website. Had one campus interview- fairly simple conceptual questions about object oriented programming in C and java. Moved on to four on-site interviews. First two were technical, second was personal, and last was mainly conceptual about multithreading. Interviewers and university recruitment staff were friendly- accepted an offer in Culver City.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate since the offer was reasonable and competitive.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Culver City, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I first interacted with Symantec at a career fair at my university. I spoke to one of the reps present, left my resume, and received a phone call several weeks later asking to set up a hone interview. The phone interview was a technical screening that focused on programming concepts and past projects. About a week later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by three people - the first two were mostly technical, with some personal questions, and the third was largely soft questions. I left not really knowing how I did, but they called next day to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to processing char* into c++ strings and creating a vector   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a very good offer.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews of about 30-45 mins each, onsite interview with multiple managers/ engineers for about 4 hours in total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very rewarding

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed in the university. BAsic interview with behavioral questions and 2-3 technical questions. Asked me to write program to find out first non-repeated character in the string

Interview Questions

• First non-repeated character in a string.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.