Nova Founders Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Nova Founders

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nova Founders

FRA Interview

Interview

Quick and full of lies

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nova Founders (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Unbelievably unprofessional company. I am genuinely surprised that they are able to raise real money from real investors and afford the rent of their (very nice) Mayfair office. They invited me in for interview and made it clear at the very beginning they would not hire me. They then proceeded to psycho-analyse me for almost two hours which felt intrusive and a massive waste of time. It's been four months since then and I have not heard anything from them. If you come into contact with these guys, keep your dignity and don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• 2-hour psycho-analysis which seemed unrelated to the role.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nova Founders (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

I was approached by Ethan Partners, their recruiting agency with an offer to work for one of their companies. I then had a follow up interview with one of their venture MDs where we talked about my CV, the business model, a little case study (on Porters Five Forces) and ecommerce and finally a bit about life in asia. Was all super fast and after a week got my offer.

Interview Questions

• The case study. The MD was an ex strategy consultant and trained to do tough interviews. But to be solved with the help of Porters Five Forces and a bit of basic knowledge about e-commerce   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was all super fast and after a week got my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nova Founders (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Their recruitment process seemed unprofessional - I was interviewed by their intern. The pay was very low (as an indication, it would just cover your transport costs in London) and the company is not established; despite their sophisticated website, they do not have a solid pipeline. In addition, I would really question the investor base.

If you consider applying to this company, I advise to take into account the reviews on Glassdoor. Even tough they seem funny, they do not lie. But of course, you can find that yourself once you go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why VC? What factors would you consider when wishing to penetrate a new market?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nova Founders in September 2013.

Interview

I was approach by their recruiting company, Ethan Partners and agreed to have Skype with the HR girl. The interview went well and was followed by another 3 Skype interviews with the founder and two managers.
    I got the feeling they were all very positive and driven, and made it very clear that it is a tough environment (long hours etc.), but the work itself is rewarding.
    I got an offer from them but my circumstances changed and I couldn't move to Asia. It would be an awesome internship experience I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, i.e. why do I want to get into this industry (start-ups), do I know what the role entails, how would I approach certain tasks, general chat about my career to date, education and what I want from the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nova Founders (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in August 2013.

Interview

Short and simple, a few questions, will test your skills, the usual interview process. nerve-wracking at first then it's done. nothing to say really except it's the same from other companies only it's a startup so it's not as formal but it's okay god this 30 words is hard to fill up

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short and simple

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nova Founders (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

It will definitely test your skills and knowledge but veey fun. Interviewers are very accommodating and giving you the spirit as one of the team that makes you more determined in pursuing your applications.

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nova Founders (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was comprehensive around different perspective in finance and accounting. Various topics were tested during the interview. It started from a self-introduction, and some conversations about the career interest in the industry and how oneself will fit into the firm's culture.

Technical topics discussed were around specific accounting framework, treatments on complex issues on financial assets, liability and equity. Project management skills were also tested. The interview process was professional, in the context of its lean structure. Interviewers and staff in contact during the whole recruitment process is nice and courteous.

If you consider working in a start-up, with nice people and strong potential growth, then this company would be a good place for you.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you have for the position you applied for?
      What is the process you will follow when you need to prepare a consolidated financial statements for certain group of companies?
      How do you find us as the best fit for your career?   Answer Question

Co-Founder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nova Founders (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

Several talks over the phone. I initially got a good impression of the people there and received an offer. Process could have been handled better and when discussing terms, they suddenly backtracked on already agreed elements in the contract. Finallly they went radio-silent and never got back to me again.

Business Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nova Founders.

Interview

Applied online. Got a reply two weeks later. Set up one interview with a recruiter, which took about 30 minutes. Which only discussed why I wanted to apply and some questions about my experience. After that an interview with someone working at one of the ventures. Lasted 15 minutes. Not very professional and the interviewer was uninterested. After this interview I thoroughly researched the venture for which I interviewed. The negative posts together with my experience led me to decide not to pursue this position any further. Coincidentally they did not contact me afterwards.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.