Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Novartis Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2017

Epigenetic Interview

Interview

Ask about why choosing the program, giving self introduction and what specific type of the research of the experiment had before. Then the interviewer ask about how would us work in a group given a certain circumstance.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

First there was a phone call interview with HR, which led to a phone interview with the department head. Seemed to go very well, but did not recieve an offer

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone on your team is not cooperating with the game plan?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Lab Head by email. Scheduled an Skype interview. The interview lasted about 40 minutes with detailed questions about my research topic and experience. No questions behavioral questions. Strictly research related. What would I do to improve the experiment, troubleshooting, etc.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about my previous research experience   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Novartis (Newark, NJ (US)).

Interview

Onsite interview. 2 people. About experience. How I handled difficult situations. Disagree with team. How did I resolve disagreement. Did I achieve consensus. Some technical questions about sas programming. How proficient at graphics.

Scientific Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novartis (Emeryville, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email fairly quickly from the hiring manager to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was about 10 minutes and asked very preliminary questions and touched on skills needed for the position. I was brought in for an all-day interview, which included a 30 minute seminar presentation. The HR person who set up the interview gave me incorrect information about how to bring my presentation - I was told to simply bring my powerpoint on an PC compatible USB but on day of, was frazzled to find no laptop was provided in the conference room.
     Apparently, I was expected to bring my own computer. Would have been nice to know that! I luckily was traveling with my personal Mac laptop just coincidentally but didn't bring the projection dongle needed. Fortunately someone in the office was able to find one for me (delaying the start of my presentation) and I then had to access my ppt from email and the formatting was off. Wrote that off as a slight miscommunication on the end of the HR person.

I then met with several people over the course of the day, all in 30 minute increments. Most were 1:1 interviews, lunch was a panel interview with the people holding the same position as the job opening. The interview agenda I was sent ended up being incorrect and an entire HOUR was left off my schedule. I thought I was wrapping up my last interview of the day only to find three additional people entered my interview room. I had no idea their names or titles or role in the organization ahead of time and was visibly confused and flustered. I showed my copy of the interview agenda but I think this reflected badly on me (despite it being an error from the scheduling side of it). So that was two errors on the part of scheduling/logistics for the interview. As they say, fool my once shame on me, fool me twice...

I shook it all off and finished up with the day-long interview. I sent a thank you email to the hiring manager and waited for word on a decision. After 3 weeks, I followed up with the HR person I had been in contact with. Never got a response. After 4 weeks I followed up directly with the hiring manager via email. Never got a response. I finally heard that I wasn't selected for the position 2.5 MONTHS later via a stock email from a generic staffing account. I never got a call from anyone or a response to my follow up emails. I thought this was quite unprofessional and overall, reflects poorly on the organization. In past experiences anytime I've made it to final stages for an interview, I have always been extended the professional courtesy of a phone call when a decision has been made. I took a day off work to be there and spent time interviewing, only to be left on the hook without so much as a "hang in there, a decision is coming soon" email/call.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest contribution in your current job/group?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very cordial, comfortable and friendly. No stress or pressure. I was called in for an interview shortly after applying and got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Novartis in June 2017.

Interview

Behavioral skill based interview, scenario analyses, give examples of when...., multiple rounds of panel interviews; long time from job application to time of interview, focused on identifying candidate's strengths and their working style

Interview Questions

• Give examples for collaboration, challenges, leadership skills, team influencing skills, issues with trust, strengths, weaknesses   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sinking Spring, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (Sinking Spring, PA (US)).

Interview

You will receive a phone call scheduling a telephone interview. If you meet the pre-screening after phone interview they will call you for a face to face interview. At this interview you meet with HR. No perfume, jewelry (other than your wedding band if married) or make-up. You will meet with the supervisor for the department you applied with and get a chance to see what you will be doing. Benefits package will be gone over with HR prior to you leaving. They will call you if you passed the interview and you will be scheduled to submit a drug screening and background check. The background check is very thorough. You will submit paperwork online via email and be notified of start date after these are completed and successful. They do group orientation weeks usually scheduled one week a month so depending on when hired it could be several weeks before your actual start date. You are given a lot of information during the orientation and this is when you'll complete your new hire paperwork as well.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   4 Answers

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Novartis (Richmond, VA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency regarding the position. They presented my credentials and qualifications to Novartis. Two weeks later I was informed that Novartis had interest in me. I had an initial phone interview and then two weeks later an in-person interview. One week later I was informed that due to internal events that I was no longer able to be considered for hire. Then, ten days later I was contacted again, asked if I was still available and interested for employment. And, I gladly accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake? What did you do in response and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the team I would be working on, very relaxed and casual, it was more focused on the questions that I had for them rather than the questions they had for me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.