O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at O2

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Store Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 3 days later I had an email offering me a telephone interview. The telephone interview just asked about current experience and a couple competency questions. At the end of the call the interviewer offered me a face to face interview for the following week.

For the face to face you’re required to make a short presentation and SWOT analysis based on a fictional store with data provided in the brief.

The face to face interview lasted about an hour and was a really positive experience.

I had a call from the recruitment team a week later to give me feedback and offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the biggest change or trend in technology for 2019 and how do we tackle it?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle lateness or pushback from your team?   Answer Question

7 Jan 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Great to see you found it a positive experience and also that you accepted our offer of employment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and welcome to the o2 family.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Conversational - very much based on your own experiences with a case study at the end. The interviewers were both very friendly and one had my CV out in front of him. Felt the case study was slightly rushed and not really thought out, however. Usually strategy case studies are an iterative conversation where you try to obtain more data and work with it. However, a strategy-related topic was just thrown at me (note: I'm not complaining).

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Chelmsford, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical online application with personality questionnaire. If passed followed by a one to one phone call then a store interview with a store leader. Result of application is then disclosed via telephone. Typically start two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked to look at phone tariffs and prices and specs before then doing a mock scenario with interviewer where you attempt to sell a phone   Answer Question

22 Feb 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving a review around your interview experience and great to hear that you found it positive and that you were successful in 2017. Fantastic to see that you are still with us and... More

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied direct through the O2 site and had a call with HR to go over information in more detail. A first interview was setup pretty quickly followed by a second which required a presentation. Everyone throughout the process has been kind and supportive and very professional. The interviews were not super formal and quite relaxed and we went over many aspects of the site and what it requires in addition to the background skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand which one do you feel describe you best?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for your feedback and it's great to hear that you had a positive experience, resulting in you accepting our offer!

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

Screening call, followed by a telephone interview, and then a face to face interview with a of couple snr managers.

Easy and simple process in lead up, and happy with everything leading up and to the interview itself.

However, was not given the courtesy of a call post interview to inform of application status / feedback. I find this to be poor etiquette, as it takes effort for people to take annual leave / make time for an interview. Regardless of being successful or not, one deserves feedback or closure after making the effort to prepare, and going to the interview.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

15 Jan 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for making us aware of your experience, we're sorry to hear that you've not had any feedback. Here at O2 we believe feedback is important, not only for your understanding of your... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

O2 directly approached me about the role. I had a telephone interview followed by face-to-face interview (which I travelled over 200 miles for). Thought both went really well. Never heard anything at all back, despite chasing for even a rejection. Really unprofessional and disappointing overall experience.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions relating to the specific role   Answer Question

17 Sep 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear that feedback wasn't received, at O2 candidate experience and feedback is a vital part of the interview process. Please feel free to drop us an... More

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in March 2017.

Interview

One to one, informal process. The organisation felt amorphous and difficult to understand. The role was interesting but later disappeared due to a reorg. This was disappointing as I felt the role would have been great, I never heard back from HR (also disappointing).

Interview Questions

O2 Response

18 Mar 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for leaving a review. We're really sorry to hear your experience has been mixed. While it sounds like the role wasn't available anymore, here at O2 we know that feedback is very important... More

Manager Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O2 in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with HR. Next step was a face to face interview with hiring manager. It was a competitive based interview. At the end of the interview he said I will get an feedback either way in two weeks time that day came and went still haven't heard anything. At this point I knew I wasn't successful and I've contacted the HR executive dealt with to get a feedback and he said he'll get back to me but he never did. I found this quite unprofessional and didn't expect from a company like O2. I felt like they didn't really care the time and effort I've put in at all. It's nearly 4 weeks now I'm still waiting for a feedback!

Interview Questions

O2 Response

28 Jun 2017 – Head of Managerial & Specialist Resourcing

We are deeply sorry that your experience was not a positive one. It's extremely important to us to offer a high level service to all our candidates. Apologies for the delay in responding to your... More

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in December 2014.

Interview

There was a simple application form, an online exercise and a video interview prior to interview. At the assessment day itself, there was a group exercise with around 8 other people looking at different options for future development, an individual case study and questions from the interviewer, and standard competency based interview questions with one interviewer.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

16 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are delighted to see that you found it positive and that you accepted our offer!.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

first cv application, then online assessment with different questionnaire (verbal, logical, ect).
    Then a video interview using some pre-recorded interview tool like Hirevue (not this one for O2) some competency questions were asked during the interview. there were one min prepare for each question and 2 min for asking the question.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

18 Jan 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your graduate application. We really do appreciate your feedback.
    We can see that you were not successful in your application but I hope... More

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

The first step was a psychometric test (not very difficult), the second step was an online interview where you have 1 min per question to answer and a total of 5-7 questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.