O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

First I applied online and sent in my cv, a few days later I got a call offering me an interview and possible trial day. Spent 3-4 hours on the shop floor greeting customers and handing over queries and sales. After a few days again I had a call again to let me know I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• The proudest moment in your life   1 Answer

17 Oct 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for leaving a review on your interview experience with us in 2016. Great to see you found it positive and even better that you got offered the job. Hope your career is going well.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

The process was long, they eventually got back to me months later saying I had been unsuccessful, I would rather not have received a response to be honest. The interview process itself was fine though, do your prep and you'll be okay.

Interview Questions

• Give one example in the past where you had to overcome a difficult situation   Answer Question

4 Feb 2020 – Resourcing Consultant

We are sorry to hear your experience was not positive and the process took longer than expected. If you would like to e-mail us at earlycareers@o2.com we will be able to look into your application and give you a call to discuss further.

Retail Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in January 2020.

Based on points
    Casual interview (Non-formal)
    Be yourself
    Interact with interviewer
    - very relaxed interview, enjoyed the interview all though I did not get the job. Manager was friendly. Felt like I was talking to my friend for an hour

Interview Questions

• Would you make a promise you don’t know if you can keep?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview was really smooth and I got a good chance to talk about myself and showcase what I'm about. Seems like they look into your personality a lot which I thought was good.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

6 Jan 2020 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review around your interview experience and great to see that you were made an offer and accepted. Hope your career is going well.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

As per the O2 website, interview, test, 2nd interview, competency test, tour etc. References, follow up calls, can't think there was more to it than this but it was a long time ago

22 Oct 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review and we're delighted you've joined the O2 family!

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

One-to-one with store manager, asked general questions and then given a scenario where you have to sell a phone to the manager. Entire process lasted an hour but was quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

9 Oct 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience. Great to see you accepted the offer and hope your career is going well.

Role In Business Side Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at O2 in October 2019.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews-constantly shifting then nothing. Job description was sufficiently vague as to be a waste of everyones time. Initial feedback good then radio silence - no response from O2. Put me off both as a candidate and as a customer.

Interview Questions

• Basically was mix of usual behavioural (tell me a time when you...) and what are the strategic channels   Answer Question

6 Jan 2020 – Resourcing Business Partner

We're really sorry you've had to share this feedback. It's extremely important to us that everyone has a positive experience when interviewing at O2 and we'd like to know more about yours to help us better understand what areas we need to improve on. Please feel free to send any additional information to resourcetuk@o2.com.

Sponsorship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O2 (London, England).

Interview

Took about two months from application to first interview. Then an extra 3 weeks to get feed back on the interview.

It was strange as was given lots of information about Competency based questions in the interview pack and then didn't get asked any. The interview was purely a chat and the interviewer didn't even have a pen to take notes on the conversation.

Was told I didn't have the experience but was tricky because there were limited opportunities to showcase your skills as the interview never really kicked off.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

24 Sep 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Candidate experience is extremely important to us and we're very sorry that yours wasn't a positive one. Each manager has their own style and we do our best to prepare candidates as best we can to cover all types of interview.
    The timescales you've detailed aren't what we strive for and we do our best to move the process along as quickly as possible, but we've clearly fallen short on this occasion.
    We truly hope that you will continue to review opportunities at O2.

CSI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Leeds, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter which was followed up with a phone call. A telephone interview was then scheduled and followed by a face-to-face interview. It was all done promptly and in a relatively informal and friendly way. One of the best interviewing experiences of my career so far.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

24 Sep 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for your review and that you felt that your interview with us was one of the best experiences that you have had so far. That makes us really happy as candidate experience is key for us. Great to see you accepted our offer and welcome to the o2 family.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at O2 (London, England).

Interview

Possibly the worst interview process I've ever experienced in my career.

They have approached me asking whether I was interested in the position and I went through 4 stages of interview, 2 of them face to face. Between one stage and the other, HR ignored me and only after sometimes 4 weeks informed me of the outcome and invited me for the next step. Initially they told me there were 3 stages of interview, then they become 4 and at one point 5.

They have no clue what type of candidate they are looking for or what this person will do in the company. When asking what was the process they wanted to put in place for marketing to function better and what would be the role of this person, they responded they didn't know. After 4 interviews they told me they realised they want someone more senior and they will start the hiring process again.

If you are a young and talented professional and you know what you want, I would advise that you don't waste your time with them. I regret having done it and I wish I had invested time and energy with more serious companies.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel in a matrix organization where you have no real decision power but you need to influence others?   Answer Question

8 May 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent interview and we are disapointed that your experience was not a positive one.
    We will be taking your feedback and looking in to this further as this is not the experience that we want our candidates to go through. At O2 we like to make our candidate experience as streamlined as possible, depending on the seniority of the role. If you're happy to, please feel free to send a note to resourcetuk@o2.com labeling the email 'Glassdoor Review' and we can pick up with you to understand more about the situation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden Town, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at O2 (Camden Town, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online got a call 4 days later. The women took a brief interview over the phone at the end of the interview she told me the next step which would be meeting the store manager. Then I had an interview with the manger in Camden he was very unprofessional. I had to do a role play where I would sell a product to the manager. However, they were supposed to send me a pack with all the info about the role play before the interview which they didn’t, so I had to make up my own product and sell it to him. Also manager didn’t know what VM is... the interview lasted about 25 minutes. I hated the interview he didn’t Know what he was doing.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about O2   1 Answer

8 May 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent interview and we are dissapointed that your experience was not a positive one.
    We will be taking your feedback and looking in to this further as this is not the experience that we want our candidates to go through. I hope that this has not deterred you from considering o2 in the future.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.