O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Change Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the Senior HR Recruitment Advisor and they were extremely helpful. I then completed an online video interview which in comparison to other video interviews I have completed, this was by far the most relaxed one as they allow good amount of time to complete and even the option to record your answer the second time.
    I was then accepted for a face to face interview with two of the HR managers and that was overall very relaxed however I did lack more of the knowledge they required from a HR Change employee and I had just graduated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to manage a project. What were the tools you used to organise yourself?   Answer Question

2 Oct 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one even though you were unsuccessful. I hope that this does not deter you from looking... More

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Conversational - very much based on your own experiences with a case study at the end. The interviewers were both very friendly and one had my CV out in front of him. Felt the case study was slightly rushed and not really thought out, however. Usually strategy case studies are an iterative conversation where you try to obtain more data and work with it. However, a strategy-related topic was just thrown at me (note: I'm not complaining).

Manager Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O2 in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with HR. Next step was a face to face interview with hiring manager. It was a competitive based interview. At the end of the interview he said I will get an feedback either way in two weeks time that day came and went still haven't heard anything. At this point I knew I wasn't successful and I've contacted the HR executive dealt with to get a feedback and he said he'll get back to me but he never did. I found this quite unprofessional and didn't expect from a company like O2. I felt like they didn't really care the time and effort I've put in at all. It's nearly 4 weeks now I'm still waiting for a feedback!

Interview Questions

O2 Response

28 Jun 2017 – Head of Managerial & Specialist Resourcing

We are deeply sorry that your experience was not a positive one. It's extremely important to us to offer a high level service to all our candidates. Apologies for the delay in responding to your... More

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

first cv application, then online assessment with different questionnaire (verbal, logical, ect).
    Then a video interview using some pre-recorded interview tool like Hirevue (not this one for O2) some competency questions were asked during the interview. there were one min prepare for each question and 2 min for asking the question.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

18 Jan 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your graduate application. We really do appreciate your feedback.
    We can see that you were not successful in your application but I hope... More

Guru Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O2 (Liverpool, England) in March 2017.

Interview

1st invited to group interview. 6 people there, couple of team games
    2nd interview one on one with store manager but also had head guru turn up and ask questions
    Job offer 4 days leter

Interview Questions

• Team up with someone, then sit back to back and person 1 instructs person 2 how to build a paper airplane. Then see if it flies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

It was quite relaxed... almost informal. It was more like a conversation if anything. There was a script but my interviewer did not stick to it. There was no pressure

Interview Questions

O2 Response

21 Nov 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around our interview process for the role of Store Leader. It is great to see that you had a positive experience and that you accepted the offer and... More

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O2 in November 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was emailed about completing an online assessment. This involved 3 tests which are relatively straight forward. After completing this I was asked again via email to complete a video interview online. This is a simple interview where you record yourself giving answers to some basic competency based questions. After this I had a telephone interview and eventually a face to face interview. During the formal face to face interview you are tasked with reading a presentation based on a fake phone shop that is underperforming, you then use this information to do a 15 minute presentation. To go through the entire process took just over 4 weeks with large gaps between each when you would appreciate at least some feedback.

I was unfortunately unsuccessful after the face to face interview and was very surprised by this as I came out the interview feeling very positive and had no doubt my experience matched what they were looking for. The interviewer told me about the store I could be managing in a lot of detail and after the 15 minute presentation they even mentioned how they usually have questions however I managed to cover everything.

Of course I never thought I was a guaranteed this role and there would be a lot of interest, however what really disappointed me was after 5 weeks from my first application I received a standard generic rejection email. How a company that states to be ‘all about their people’ can reject someone with a very standard email is beyond me. The email did state if you would like further feedback please contact us. I have tried to chase and contact them three times now via email and phone and haven’t heard anything.

Very disappointing and unprofessional end to the process and very surprising given the organisations global reputation.

Interview Questions

• All questions were competency based on your retail or customer service experience.   Answer Question

11 Dec 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

First of all thank you for taking the time to leave a review around your recent interview that you had with us. We are dissapointed to hear that your recent experience with us has not been a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Chatham, England) in November 2017.

11 Dec 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

Interview consisted of two face to face sessions and a competency review - fairly standard stuff
    The interview was held at the head office in Slough and was fairly informal with a walk round the office to see the facilities

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard CV review and experience questions   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online first of all. I received an email shortly after asking me to complete a test before proceeding to the next stage. This test was split into about two categories: one was situational just to test your personality and the other was more like maths and verbal

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, which included questions related to teamwork and sales, then an in-store with the manager which was much of the same, including questions related to customer care, my approach to individual customers and their needs, and about technology and my enthusiasm towards it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.