O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at O2

2.8

CSI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Leeds, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter which was followed up with a phone call. A telephone interview was then scheduled and followed by a face-to-face interview. It was all done promptly and in a relatively informal and friendly way. One of the best interviewing experiences of my career so far.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

24 Sep 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for your review and that you felt that your interview with us was one of the best experiences that you have had so far. That makes us really happy as candidate experience is key for us. Great to see you accepted our offer and welcome to the o2 family.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at O2 (London, England).

Interview

Possibly the worst interview process I've ever experienced in my career.

They have approached me asking whether I was interested in the position and I went through 4 stages of interview, 2 of them face to face. Between one stage and the other, HR ignored me and only after sometimes 4 weeks informed me of the outcome and invited me for the next step. Initially they told me there were 3 stages of interview, then they become 4 and at one point 5.

They have no clue what type of candidate they are looking for or what this person will do in the company. When asking what was the process they wanted to put in place for marketing to function better and what would be the role of this person, they responded they didn't know. After 4 interviews they told me they realised they want someone more senior and they will start the hiring process again.

If you are a young and talented professional and you know what you want, I would advise that you don't waste your time with them. I regret having done it and I wish I had invested time and energy with more serious companies.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel in a matrix organization where you have no real decision power but you need to influence others?   Answer Question

8 May 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent interview and we are disapointed that your experience was not a positive one.
    We will be taking your feedback and looking in to this further as this is not the experience that we want our candidates to go through. At O2 we like to make our candidate experience as streamlined as possible, depending on the seniority of the role. If you're happy to, please feel free to send a note to resourcetuk@o2.com labeling the email 'Glassdoor Review' and we can pick up with you to understand more about the situation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden Town, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at O2 (Camden Town, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online got a call 4 days later. The women took a brief interview over the phone at the end of the interview she told me the next step which would be meeting the store manager. Then I had an interview with the manger in Camden he was very unprofessional. I had to do a role play where I would sell a product to the manager. However, they were supposed to send me a pack with all the info about the role play before the interview which they didn’t, so I had to make up my own product and sell it to him. Also manager didn’t know what VM is... the interview lasted about 25 minutes. I hated the interview he didn’t Know what he was doing.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about O2   1 Answer

8 May 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent interview and we are dissapointed that your experience was not a positive one.
    We will be taking your feedback and looking in to this further as this is not the experience that we want our candidates to go through. I hope that this has not deterred you from considering o2 in the future.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O2 (Romford, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Sent application off within a week got a telephone interview, asked basic questions about experience and hours etc. Told at end of interview I had a person to person interview with the manager the day after my telephone one. Arrived at the person to person interview. Staff all really friendly. Told I missed a call the day before about a presentation I was meant to be doing for them, didn't have anything prepared as they didn't get back in contact with me about it through my email as I missed the call, in the end didn't matter as they asked questions they would have asked me during my presentation, during the interview instead. Told to sell them an app for a phone that I couldn't live without. Asked for ID and passport, for proof of birth and addresses. Gave holiday dates so forewarned if you have a already booked your holiday.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

8 May 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are pleased to see that you had a positive experience with us. We can see that you did not get an offer but we hope that this does not deter you from considering o2 in the future.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2019.

Interview

I received an email a week later to book an online telephone interview slot. On the telephone interview I was asked multiple questions about situations I provided great customer service and challenging situations I’ve been experienced, they also confirmed my availability and why I wanted to work for O2. At the end of the phone interview I got invited for a face to face interview with the store leader, this consisted of the same questions I was asked on the telephone interview, I also completed role play which was selling a product

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you found yourself in a challenging situation and what you done to overcome it   Answer Question

30 Mar 2020 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving a review and great to see you were offered the position and you accepted. Hope you career is going well with us.

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews which then led onto a face to face interview with two regional leaders this was focused on competencies and a presentation of a pre prepared plan.
    Final stage was a sign off interview in Slough head office with a Territory Leader.
    O2 were phenomenal at every stage and always communicated professionally and kept me updated at every step of the way.
    A fantastic benchmark of how you recruit and attract leaders to a business.
    Really positive experience.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

24 Jul 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent interview experience and great to hear that you had a fantastic recruitment journey as that is really important to us. Hope the career is going well and thanks for being part of the o2 family.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online, followed up with online test, video interview and assessment day. Assesment day was well organised, with goodies bags for all candidates. It was all day assessment divided into 3 tasks - 2-2-1 interview, group task - treasure hunt task, presentation - for presentation candidates were given 5 case studies and 30 min. to choose 2 and present.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

1 Apr 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Great to see that you had a positive experience when you came along to the graduate assessment day last month and we hope you enjoyed your goody bag. We can see you declined our offer so we thank you for your interest in o2 and good luck in your career going forward.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O2 (Leeds, England).

Interview

Informal one-to-one interview with manages who probe your experience, enthusiasm and competence. But it seems to me that they want to see if your a good fit for their large team and will you be able to get on with a deserve workforce.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

28 Feb 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving a review and congratulations on being made an offer to join the team.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

Screening call, followed by a telephone interview, and then a face to face interview with a of couple snr managers.

Easy and simple process in lead up, and happy with everything leading up and to the interview itself.

However, was not given the courtesy of a call post interview to inform of application status / feedback. I find this to be poor etiquette, as it takes effort for people to take annual leave / make time for an interview. Regardless of being successful or not, one deserves feedback or closure after making the effort to prepare, and going to the interview.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

15 Jan 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for making us aware of your experience, we're sorry to hear that you've not had any feedback. Here at O2 we believe feedback is important, not only for your understanding of your performance in the interview, but to help you in any other applications you make with us or elsewhere in the future. If you could please contact resourcetuk@o2.com with your details, we'll be sure to follow up with the manager who interviewed with you.

Leadership Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O2 in January 2019.

Interview

- Applied online.
    - Sent tests
    - Invited to vid interview a couple weeks later.

Video interview was 3 questions with a min of prep and then 2(ish) mins for answering the questions. There was the option to not upload any videos of your answers.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

1 Apr 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after attending our assessment centre in January. We can see that we didn't make you an offer but we hope that this doesn't deter you from considering o2 in the future.