O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at O2

2.8

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in July 2018.

Interview

First I had a telephone interview, the hiring manager was professional and nice, she went through my CV and asked me about my experience.
    The second stage, now this is where things got interesting, the same manager was present with a second hiring manager. They were just asking competency based questions, nothing else, not one technical questions, did not have a clue about digital marketing and though that display ads were the best way to drive leads. Honestly O2 you will not get the most out of digital if your senior managers don’t have a clue what they are doing.

I pity the person that accepted this position.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

20 Aug 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for your feedback. We use the competency based format as part of our interview process, we believe hearing real-life examples adds value and context to the process. However, we'll look into the questions being asked at second interview stage.

Retail Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got a telephone call for a bit of availability and 1 or 2 questions regarding experience retail based questions
    Then told me I passed onto the face to face interview.
    Had that and it went well, a role play involving selling a product and just experience based questions.
    I thought it went well, however they didn't take any of my documents but I was told to bring them in and I'm supposed to get a call back but haven't yet. So don't think I've got through :/

PS. I put no offer but I haven't received a call back so once I do I will confirm and change it if need be.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

8 Aug 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving a review and I hope that someone has been in touch with regards to your interview. If not can you please call our Resourcing Team on 0800 731 2638 Option 5 and they will be able to advise.

O2 Guru Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 in June 2018.

Interview

The process overall took a few weeks. I completed an online application form and was then invited to do some online assessments. Fairly easy questions on the assessments especially if you’ve worked in customer services before. I was then asked to complete a video interview. I have never done one of these before so I was a bit nervous but the process was simple, the questions were straight forward, and there was plenty of time to record my answers. Someone from O2 Recruitment phoned me a few days afterwards to ask a few questions and then invited me to a face to face interview. The store leader was lovely and down to earth which allowed me to relax in my interview so I could really be myself. No hard questioning, all fairly straight forward. I was then offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name one piece of technology you would not be able to live without?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you helped lead a change to a team? What were the results?   Answer Question

23 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving your review on your interview experience with us and fantastic to see that you were made an offer so welcome to the o2 family. Good Luck in your new role!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

straight forward and got to express my personality and my skills. The questions asked were tricky and demand a swift response to stand out. However the interviewers were supportive and friendly.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

4 Feb 2020 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around your interview experience with us in 2018. Great to see that the interviewers were supportive and friendly as candidate experience is key for us. We can see that you accepted the offer so hope that you are still part of the o2 family and that your career is going well.

SMB Trading Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

I applied for the role online and within a few weeks a I had been offered an interview in Slough.

I met with one of the men who was meant to be interviewing me (the other man didn't arrive) and the first 10minutes of the interview was spent walking around the Slough office trying to locate the meeting room he booked (he is from up north so wasn't used to the building). We managed to find an empty room and conducted our interview in this room hoping that nobody had booked this particular room.
    He informed me that he doesn't like formal interviews as he didn't feel you get the best out of the person which I agreed with.

I had been asked a series of competency based questions but it felt like a general chat as we were both asking one another questions which was refreshing.
    There were a couple moments where I was taken back when the interviewer was describing his experiance of taking customers and staff members to a trip in Ibiza and dropped the "f bomb" 3 or 4 times describing his experiance. I understood that we were to keep it informal however I thought this was a bit too informal.

The interview overall was good but I was unsuccessful in the role due to lack of experiance but the way the team was described they seem like a great team to work for.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review and we're delighted that your overall experience was a positive one. Your feedback has highlighted areas of development in terms of interview skills and etiquette and we will be taking action on that. Whilst we endeavour to make all visitors feel relaxed and at ease, we're a professional organisation and want to uphold that.

SMB Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

One telephone interview and a Skype interview. I can see why they are not in the list of Top 20 UK Companies to work for. Not interested in external candidates

Interview Questions

• Not really any. A vague chat through my CV and then he said he would look internally?!?   1 Answer

17 May 2019 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent interview and we are disappointed that your experience was not a positive one.
    We will be taking your feedback and looking in to this further as this is not the experience that we want our candidates to go through. I hope that this has not deterred you from considering O2 in the future. If you'd like to discuss this in further detail, please send us an email at resourcetuk@o2.com and quote 'Glassdoor Review' in your title
    Thanks
    Ellie

O2 Commercial Strategy Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

Was an assessment centre in the companys head office and the day was really good and chilled and the interviewers wanted you to do well as opposed to just grilling you. The whole process was quite long though from applying to finding out the news though.

Interview Questions

• Individual interview consisting of questions around previous experience and knowledge of the company. Then a group exercise followed by an individual presentation about O2 ThinkBig amd NSPCC. The day was really good and chilled and the interviewers wanted you to do well as opposed to just grilling you. The whole process was quite long though from applying to finding out the news.   Answer Question

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback, it's important for us to understand how it feels from a candidates point of view and it's great that you had a positive experience. We aim to keep the process as swift as possible, but there are occasions where business needs change, which results in prolonging the decision making.

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied direct through the O2 site and had a call with HR to go over information in more detail. A first interview was setup pretty quickly followed by a second which required a presentation. Everyone throughout the process has been kind and supportive and very professional. The interviews were not super formal and quite relaxed and we went over many aspects of the site and what it requires in addition to the background skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand which one do you feel describe you best?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Many thanks for your feedback and it's great to hear that you had a positive experience, resulting in you accepting our offer!

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Two stage interview face to face. First stage with category managers and then final stage with HR and director.

Competency based questions and then a general chat around my experience.

Feedback was non exisitant and took a long time to receive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how you acted upon this.   Answer Question

6 Sep 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

We are deeply sorry that your experience was not a positive one. It's extremely important to us to offer a high level service to all our candidates. We know how important feedback is. If would like to discuss your comments in more detail, we'd be happy to hear from you Please e-mail resourcetuk@o2.com adding "Glassdoor" in the subject line and we'll be happy to get as much detail over to you as we can following your interview,

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

It wasn't an interview as such but an assessment centre because it was for a graduate scheme. Was split into 3 stages and lasted from 10am until 4pm.

The whole day was really relaxed and everyone made you feel welcoming. They provided food and drinks for the duration and to be honest I actually enjoyed myself, I didn't really feel nervous at all and that was down to the atmosphere generated by the staff there.

There was a chance to chat to the current graduates working at o2 who gave some real insight into what it is like to work for the company.

Around 3 weeks after the assessment centre I was told I had got on the scheme.
    Process took around 4 months

Thanks o2, your friendly brand was well reflected on the day.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

We're so pleased that you had a positive experience and you felt relaxed and welcome. We look forward to you joining us on our exciting journey.