O2 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at O2

2.8

Commercial Strategy Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

Attended the assessment centre March 2018. There were around 20 of us and the day consisted of 3 activities. First was a group exercise, very similar to an escape room, where you have to work as a team to solve clues in a fantasy scenario. Then we had an hour long interview followed by a presentation on a new idea to raise awareness of their go think big campaign. Overall it was a very relaxed and fun day.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

29 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent interview experience. We really do appreciate it. Unfortunately we can see that you did not get made an offer but pleasing that you found it a positive experience so we hope that this does not deter you from applying to o2 in the future. Good Luck in your career search.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

The first step was a psychometric test (not very difficult), the second step was an online interview where you have 1 min per question to answer and a total of 5-7 questions.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

Standard interview process:
    Online application- personal details, CV and cover letter
    Online tests- numerical and verbal reasoning tests
    Video Interview: You are given 6 questions, with 1 minute preparation time for each question.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Assessment centre with about 15 other candidates - day consisted of group exercise, individual interview and individual presentation. Exercise was more a puzzle-solving task which was a pleasant change to the standard group tasks in other ACs. Interview was about an hour long, questions about you and your previous experience. Presentation was structured into 30mins for preparation and then presenting your idea to assessors - no slides required, more of a meeting to discuss your idea and be asked further questions about it. Overall a very enjoyable and interactive, albeit long, day.
    Very poor feedback process - ie instead of receiving a phone call as was advertised in both the case of an offer or not, got sent a very brief automated email. Also advertised was the opportunity to receive personal feedback - after 3 months of emailing asking for at least some brief feedback, got no response.
    Process of applying to O2 was otherwise very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work on individual tasks or help others with their work?   Answer Question

5 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we're delighted that you enjoyed the day.

We're sorry that you're disappointed with how the feedback was given. Due to the number of individuals we are fortunate enough to invite, contacting everyone by phone is extremely hard so we do respond via e-mail, but it is disappointing that you haven't received a response from your request for further information. Please feel free to contact earlycareers@o2.com who will be happy to help.

The process takes a number of months from online application to get through the various stages of online testing, video interviewing and then assessment day.

We hope that you will consider O2 in the future.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

After submitting my CV through O2's website I was asked to schedule in a telephone interview. Once the telephone interview was scheduled in with the Resourcing advisor, they simply did not bother calling, answering their phone or even advising they cannot make it through email. I then emailed the resoucring advisor and rescheduled for the same thing to happen to again.
    It was a truly unprofessional experience which did not refleact well on the company.

19 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback and it's important to us to ensure all candidates have a positive experience. I understand that following the missed calls you have spoken to the Resourcing Advisor so I hope this has cleared up the confusion.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online with my CV, then got invitation to some online assessment. After a week got an email to invite me for a phone interview. It was easy, basically they want to know about your availability, flexibility. There were some experience based question. If everything is going well, you’ll invite you to an assessment day.
    In the first part of the interview, I had to fill up a form about my availability, holiday plan... so basic stuffs. Then I was left alone with a store manager. She was extra nice and helpful, I felt myself calm and comfortable. Question were so simple (okay, I already have 5 years experience in telecommunication retail), easy to answer it. There aren’t good or wrong answers, just be calm, confident and show your best self! The second part was a role play. They just want to see how easily can you talk to a customer. I liked this part, however it’s a little bit “steril”, because in the real life, customers are not so helpful as the interviewer. On the next day got a phone call from the HR, with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time, when you were really creative.   Answer Question

16 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around our interview process for our retail advisor position and fantastic to see that you accepted our offer. Congratulations! Not sure if you have started yet but just want to say Good Luck in the new role and we are really looking forward to you joining and being part of the o2 family.

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O2 (Maidenhead, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Over all interview process experience not bad that is standard procedure so no complain.
    Just you can’t judge someone on just phone interview which is bad so at least give them option to come and describe their customer service skills

Interview Questions

O2 Response

16 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around our interview process, we really do appreciate your feedback. We do phone interviews purely down to the number of applications that we get for our retail roles. We couldn't invite everyone to interview as we just wouldn't have enough time so the phone interview helps us to get to know the individual better but also gives the candidate (you) the opportunity to get to know more about o2 and the role you have applied for. We can see that you weren't made an offer and we hope that does not deter you from thinking about reapplying to us in the future. Good Luck in your career search.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

first cv application, then online assessment with different questionnaire (verbal, logical, ect).
    Then a video interview using some pre-recorded interview tool like Hirevue (not this one for O2) some competency questions were asked during the interview. there were one min prepare for each question and 2 min for asking the question.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

18 Jan 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your graduate application. We really do appreciate your feedback.
    We can see that you were not successful in your application but I hope that does not deter you from thinking about a career with o2 in the future.
    Good Luck with your job search and thank you for your interest in o2.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Digital Interview where the system shows you pre-recorded questions and you will have like 30 secs to prepare then there are about 90 seconds to record your answers, when the timing is up, it automatically ends and submits the recordings

Interview Questions

• How to motive yourself towards taking a professional qualification while working full time?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O2 in January 2018.

Interview

About 2 days after I've done the online tests I received the email inviting me to do the video interview. During the interview 5 questions were asked, each takes 1 min to prepare and 2 mins to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you built trust with someone.   Answer Question