O2 Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

O2 Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at O2

2.9

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

One-to-one with store manager, asked general questions and then given a scenario where you have to sell a phone to the manager. Entire process lasted an hour but was quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

9 Oct 2019 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience. Great to see you accepted the offer and hope your career is going well.

Other Interview Reviews for O2

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2019.

Interview

I received an email a week later to book an online telephone interview slot. On the telephone interview I was asked multiple questions about situations I provided great customer service and challenging situations I’ve been experienced, they also confirmed my availability and why I wanted to work for O2. At the end of the phone interview I got invited for a face to face interview with the store leader, this consisted of the same questions I was asked on the telephone interview, I also completed role play which was selling a product

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you found yourself in a challenging situation and what you done to overcome it   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2.

Interview

Two part interview - first half my ID was photocopied and I was asked questions about myself and why I applied for O2, and a few scenario type questions. For these it really helps if you expand on your answer and explain the outcome of the example you give.

Second half was a "sell me this phone" role play, which I found quite fun. If you don't have experience of selling something then research techniques and think of a general sales pitch beforehand. It's important to keep the customer (played by the assessor) interested and stay engaged.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

16 Nov 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are glad that you found our role play fun and that overall you had a positive experience. Great to see that you were made an offer and that you are going to be joining the o2 family. Congratulations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poole, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 (Poole, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied, received an email saying I have made it to the next stage - a phone interview. I booked it for the next day via the website. Waited 40 minutes to receive a call but nothing came through. Emailed HR, so called Andrew Stoutt but again no explanation. A waste of my time and not even a chance to prove myself.

Interview Questions

• Was that a whack move from O2?   1 Answer

8 Oct 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for leaving us a review about your recent application. Please accept our apologies as this is not the candidate experience that we want to deliver. Could you please call in to the recruitment team on 0800 731 2638 and press option 5 or alternatively email retailresourcing@o2.com. I have highlighted this to the Team Leader so they will are waiting to hear from you.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O2 in July 2018.

Interview

I applied using Indeed, my application was successful. I got sent a verification email and got sent the link to an Online Interview. My overall application process took almost a week to complete due to not having the Online Interview sent to me. I emailed the person who sent me the link and got nothing back till I emailed enquires then they replied to me and tried to sort it out. I finally got round to doing the interview after days of waiting. I waited for a reply after the email sent said that they would inform everyone who did the interview within 2 working days of everyone doing the interview and didn't hear anything back at all.

Overall I was super disappointed at how long it took to sort out the interview, it shouldn't take that long to sort things like that out and I would recommend that they just do a phone call interview as it would be so much less hassle.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

24 Sep 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are dissapointed that you recieved a negative experience as that is not the service that we like to give. Our process is that we ask our candidates to do online tests and then if you are successful you are invited to a telephone interview so not sure if you are referring to the online tests. We will feed this back to the resourcing team in terms of the time it took and the lack of communication. We hope that this will not deter you from considering o2 in the future.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online with my CV, then got invitation to some online assessment. After a week got an email to invite me for a phone interview. It was easy, basically they want to know about your availability, flexibility. There were some experience based question. If everything is going well, you’ll invite you to an assessment day.
    In the first part of the interview, I had to fill up a form about my availability, holiday plan... so basic stuffs. Then I was left alone with a store manager. She was extra nice and helpful, I felt myself calm and comfortable. Question were so simple (okay, I already have 5 years experience in telecommunication retail), easy to answer it. There aren’t good or wrong answers, just be calm, confident and show your best self! The second part was a role play. They just want to see how easily can you talk to a customer. I liked this part, however it’s a little bit “steril”, because in the real life, customers are not so helpful as the interviewer. On the next day got a phone call from the HR, with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time, when you were really creative.   Answer Question

16 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review around our interview process for our retail advisor position and fantastic to see that you accepted our offer. Congratulations! Not sure if you have started yet but just want to say Good Luck in the new role and we are really looking forward to you joining and being part of the o2 family.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O2 in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and made some online assessments. After that I received an email inviting me to book an interview. The interview lasted for an hour, and the first task was a role play where I had to sell the manager a phone basing on her needs. After that she asked me like 6 behavioural questions, divided in 3 blocks of 2.

Interview Questions

O2 Response

13 Jul 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that you were not made an offer but hopefully that will not deter you reapplying in the future. Hope the job search is going well.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England).

Interview

Applied online had to complete online questionnaire, was then contacted for an Internet face to face.
    Ask to attend shop, once there taken to a room upstairs with other applicants. We were each called separately to our interviews with store managers (not necessarily the one you will work in). The interview lasted around 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Review some information for ten minutes (notes could be taken). I then had to sale a product to the manager.   Answer Question

13 Jul 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thanks for the review and congratulations on the offer to join the o2 family.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Took a long process but its worth it in the end, I had my online assessment, told immediately I passed, then had a short phone interview but the lady got back to me after like 6 days when it's usually instantly after,but no matter, then i had an in store interview where I was grilled and asked to sell a product in 10 minutes, which i did and was successful at the end

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

29 Jun 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for the review - our process can be long but we do that to ensure that we identify great talent to work for us but also gives you the opportunity to decide if the role is for you. Great to see that you have accepted our offer - good luck in your new role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O2 (Milton Keynes, England) in April 2017.

Interview

First there is the online application process which involves sending in your CV, then having to complete a personality test to see if you're suited to the role. There are also other tests which include maths and verbal reasoning.

You get and email to schedule a phone interview in which they just want to get to know you and your availability. If the phone interview goes well you will be invited to a face to face interview.

The interview involves your general questions but also a roleplay element which you are given time to prepare for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work towards a goal?   Answer Question

13 Jul 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Sorry to hear you found our interview process a negative one - we do strive to give all of our candidates a positive process when they are applying to join o2. Hope this experience does not put you off from reapplying to o2 in the future.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.