OVO Energy Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

OVO Energy Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at OVO Energy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OVO Energy (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

1. Chat with Recruiter
2. Two hour coding interview
3. Three hour session: Behaviourial, System Design, Pair Programming
4. Second System Design interview

Overall an excellent process with interviewers who were genuiely seeking useful information instead of silly trick questions.

The coding challenges weren't hard and I believe it's more about seeing how you work and guaging scope and depth of experience. If you are a good developer this will not be a problem but do manage your time.

I did not do so well on the system design interview but they gave a second chance because I had done well on coding and behaviourial. Sadly I flunked the system design.

Interview Questions

• Which NoSQL database would I select to store weather data?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for OVO Energy

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notting Hill Gate, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OVO Energy (Notting Hill Gate, England).

Interview

Phone call with HR, phone call with dev, 3 hour on-site interview including a coding challenge, infrastructure interview, interview with the boss and interview with HR.

It took a long time to get the interview arranged.

The people there seemed knowledgeable but one set in particular clearly had no interest in interviewing me - the hour was mostly awkward silences until I decided to ask them about their architecture instead, just to fill the void.

Overall though pretty standard tech interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given these meter readings, write a program that outputs usage by month   2 Answers
    • Describe some architecture you worked on   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.