Odgers Berndtson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

First stage was meeting the person I would report to directly. It was the most bizarre interview ever. I was told it was a general get to know you interview. However, the interviewer was rude and condescending to the point that he asked me to be less American.

He only touched on my previous experience once. He did ask me questions such as "What do you want to get out of this role?" However, we did not discuss any questions that would gauge whether I can actually do the job.

I would advise that you attempt to have a first stage phone interview with this company before traveling to their office. I would also do a full search on who is interviewing you and if their background is purely headhunting and no prior consulting experience, to skip it.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of this role but don't give me any crap like learning, progression, tell me exactly what you want?   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

A very thorough interview process. I was given an uncensored and extensive picture of life at Odgers from a variety of partners and employees; transparent but also encouraging. A refreshingly two-way process.
    The welcome given by the reception staff was altogether outstanding and something I had never experienced before, I was remembered, called by name, greeted warmly and made to feel relaxed on each visit and between each meeting (as there were a number of meetings!).

Interview Questions

• How do you propose engaging and getting buy-in from so many different personalities across the group?   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England).

Interview

Well organized process where I first meet with HR and head of research and second meeting with head of practice and team. Both meetings were informative and I was very well received.

Interview Questions

• I had questions on me research skills and experience and career ambition.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson.

Interview

very professional, polite, direct, direct, precise. I was a great interview experience conduct with direct questions, objectives and with respect, given the opportunity to describe the carreer and main achieviments during the last 20 years working in multinational and national companies

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England).

Interview

Very nice two rounds. Was offered the job immediately and gave up another role so I could accept this one because there was such a good feeling from the manager involved. When everything was ready to go, fours days before I was due to start they asked me to come back and meet the rest of the team for lunch and a relaxed "getting to know you" sessions. They lied. When I got there they grilled me like it was the first round of interviews all over again. Lunch was weird - one fee-earner was positively hostile for no reason. They talked about "internal restructuring" and made it very clear their usual assistant had been moved elsewhere and he wasn't happy. When we parted they still said, "see you Monday" but the next day I had a call from HR to say they'd changed their mind. I gave up a role and waited a month so that I could start a job you'd offered me on the spot and then you did that. Badly played Odgers. Shame on you.

Interview Questions

• The usual - who are you, experience, specific scenarios you've encountered that are relevant, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Four separate interviews with various members, two tests. Process took around 6 weeks and 6 hours of interviewing.

Was offered the role this was then retracted when it came to signing a contract. I had great chemistry with the fee-earner I was being in to support, but the feedback was that the larger team I met during the last interview of "formalities" someone obviously didn't think I made the cut.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England).

Interview

4 stage interviews, 2 tests.
    Meet everyone from HR personnel to EA team leader and whomever you were to support to see if you are a good fit to the team.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (Istanbul (Turkey)) in October 2015.

Interview

I have been invited to the interview by phone. We completed face to face interview. It was cv based interview then I had an exam mostly consist of maths questions. I spennt almost 2 hours. After the exam they told me they will get back to me regarding my test result but nobody get back to me. I called the interviewer twice and leave a message for her. Nobody get back to me!

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted professionally, although they did not arrive on time. Most of the time was invested in questions about the experience and qualifications. The interview did not last more than 30' and the interviewers seem to be in a rush to complete other interviews and therefore there was not much time available to ask questions about their client,.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the entire lifetime experience in few sentences   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks.
    It was a positive experience however not a positive outcome. There were 5 PA roles available which set off alarm bells. Was called back for interview after interview however wanted someone with exec search background so tended to waste a lot of time where you could be interviewing elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Many competency based questions! Make sure you prepare!!!   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.