Okta Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Okta Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Okta

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Okta (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from LinkedIn, asked to apply. I had a phone interview with someone different than whom I was contacted by. The person I contacted by was not prepared for the interview. They didn't read my resume before the call, and they didn't ask me what my interests were. I applied for one role, pushed to interview for another. I pushed to interview for a manager's role, then asked no questions about managing teams or resources. I had to implement a b-tree on the fly, which was fine. The dev interviewer wasn't prepared, either. Just a strange experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you implement an insert into a b-tree?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Okta

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Okta (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was good and pretty trivial. One recruiter call followed by a phone interview and then onsite. The shame is all went well and then recruiter showed interest too but it was very hard to communicate with recruiter afterwards. After lots of follow-ups, I was told that the position is being revaluated. The worst thing was I had to let go of another offer because I was really looking forward to work for Okta. They still haven't got back to me after 2 months. I can understand the COVID-19 situation but no communication / update is no excuse.

The interviewers were nice and engaging but worst recruitment process.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Okta (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got called by a recruiter. Recruiter took my profile back to the hiring manager who agreed to set up a phone screen for me. Phone screen was an hour long. 2 questions asked. Both simple. I answered both satisfactory. Next day, the recruiter emails me saying although I did well, they decided not to continue because of profile mismatch. Offered to explain more, but I've emailed him twice and heard nothing. Poor recruiting experience imo.

Interview Questions

• Find max number in an array. Write a test function that will take the input and expected output. Write test cases for it. 2nd: Find the 2nd max in an array.   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter from okta reached out to me on LinkedIn.

As usual he asked me few times available to chat.
    I suggested him few times that week and guess what he set a call for next week. I was pretty OK.

1 Hour before the call, I get an email saying he is overbooked, and scheduled my interview next week without asking for my availability. I understand it happens so I suggested great sounds good talk to you next week.

Guess what on next appointment, 30 mins before my call he said he is rescheduling interview again.

I was interested in learning more about okta but cannot work for company which is not professional or respectful to candidates.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Okta (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

In short, extensive and impressive!!! Starting with a seasoned, supportive and punctual recruiter phone call, then a company introductory meeting with an awesome VP of Engineering who will leave you just dreaming of joining his team. Screening phone interviews, a full day of interviews with great friendly Okta staff and finally followup interviews to best position the candidate in the right team. Things that touched me like accommodating a personal condition that postponed my interviews for a couple of months. Top smart engineers, who are down to earth and very friendly. The moment you step in, you can feel the positive energy everywhere, and staff who have passion for everything they do. The recruiter gave me the best interviewing experience I ever had in my over 18 years of professional experience. He's very friendly, helpful, kept me up to date with the process and did everything possible to make me comfortable during the process. I am very sad I couldn't go for their offer due to some personal reasons at my end.

Interview Questions

• NDA! I am sorry!!! The good thing they are going to tell you ahead what to expect during the interviews. No surprises! They just need to gauge your skills level, not to trick you.   Answer Question

Personal reason, nothing to do with Okta at all. I believe they are a great team to join.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.