One Housing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

One Housing Group Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2017

2.7

CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One Housing Group (Champaign, IL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee to this interview. The interview questions are pretty typical. There were three interviewers. Two managers and one recorder. The interviewers are very friendly. But I turned off this job because of the conflict in timing with my school.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden Town, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Housing Group (Camden Town, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Generic questions such as what is your weakness and strengths. Also, tell me about your self? They also ask a question that if you were a biscuit which biscuit you will be and why?

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalk Farm, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One Housing Group (Chalk Farm, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online via Reed and then filled in application form
    Called for phone interview and was explained the role duties
    another called for arranging meeting in person
    Meet in person with IT service delivery manager for tech assessment which featured detailed and interesting questions

Portfolio Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at One Housing Group (London, England).

Interview

Telephone interview with a recruiter, placed forward for a Face to Face interview. Sat in front of a panel at the office. Walked in by the team, Manager and senior manager present, another staff member from a different section of the company. Questions on motivations and situation, expectations and how to deal with people in situations.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at One Housing Group (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes then a face to face Interview and 2 presentations in front of a panel of people. The presentation was one before describing best practise and future of department and then to design a course. You then had 3 questions that they had given you to answer,

Interview Questions

• How would you help managers deliver appraisals to 8000 staff.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I had a one off interview. the people were very nice, welcoming and very great company. I had two interviewer and it lasted roughly 45 minutes. Very good impression about the people and the company. the overall experience was great

Graduate Project Management Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at One Housing Group (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a CV and Cover letter upload on their website; then online psychometric tests followed by an group assessment day. Whole process took about a month after the deadline closed.

Online psychometric test was a timed task- started with two touch typing tasks, then a mix of maths, english and visual patterns lasting about 50 minutes in total. Heard back the following week to attend assessment day at their HQ in London.

The assessment day was from 11.30am- 4pm; there was only 4 candidates being interviewed and only one position in pre-construction management available. There was five tasks during the day and a short lunch where you could meet previous graduates and management.

The first task was a group task to build the tallest possible structure out of provided materials (paper, sellotape, marshmallows, sticks etc.) to a budget. This was focusing on how you work in a team and solve a problem; each candidate had a member of management watching how they interacted so try and contribute during this and assist others, they are looking for team players not so much leaders!

There was 1-1 interviews with management, very basic questions asked including why this company? why this scheme? biggest achievement? biggest disappointment? where do you want to be in 5 years? what can you tell us about yourself we can't get from your CV?

There was two data analysis tasks we were rotated around- one was to analyse company reports and suggest improvements; the other was mock emails you had to prioritise the tasks and halfway through you were given more to re-prioristise- a mixture of tasks including calculating costs, analysing technical drawings for mistakes and customer complaints.

There was also a negotiation task with a manager, who goes very method as a building contractor.. so be prepared.. to negotiate on behalf of the company an over-run build. The focus is on lowering the cost and keeping to an agreed time frame, so researching average build costs and schedules would help with this.

Overall its an enjoyable process, management is really friendly and encouraging, making it a relaxed atmosphere. It is very competitive and being prepared with knowledge of the company is essential. This scheme is not a rotational one so you will only be working in the sector you applied for which is worth considering for future career progression.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about yourself we can't get from your CV?   Answer Question

Project Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at One Housing Group (London, England).

Interview

Sadly a waste of time - I spent time learning about the company and role on offer, however this was a waste of my time as it seemed clear from the interview that they had already found somebody for the role but just wanted to go through the motions to say that they had held interviews. The interview only lasted 20 minutes and I was asked only a total of 6 questions - only one of which touched upon my previous experience. I later heard that I had been unsuccessful in getting the job as another candidate had better experience - strange as I was only asked one question regarding my previous experience so they actually found out very little about it.

Interview Questions

• Only 6 basic questions, only one of which involved my previous experience.   1 Answer

Graduate Fast-Track Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden Town, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at One Housing Group (Camden Town, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Stage One: Submit CV and Cover Letter online. Applied via Targetjobs.
    Stage Two: Telephone interview with recruitment company to discuss case study that was sent via email prior to interview. Lasted about 15 minutes.
    Stage Three: Online Maths/English/Computer literacy tests.
    Stage Four: Assessment Centre - 25 candidates, completed a day of activities (presentation, role plays, group task, 'speed-dating' interviews, e-tray exercise, 1:1 interview) followed by networking.

Interview Questions

• - Do you feel our business model of using commercial profit for social investment is fair?   Answer Question

Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at One Housing Group (London, England) in October 2010.

Interview

I was already in placement in the job via an agency and applied for a permanent position. I was given two interviews on the same day, for a Floating Support Officer and a Young Person's Support Officer. The first interview was a panel of two interviewers and the second a panel of three. The interviews were both very similar, with the Young Person's role asking questions relating specfically to young people and supported housing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. A safeguarding question; lone working; time management; how to deal with a challenging customer etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed rate salary.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.