Online Business Systems Interview Questions in Winnipeg, MB | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Online Business Systems

3.3

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2019.

Interview

The first meeting conducted by a very welcoming and impressive company's senior recruiter.
    After this a technical meeting with one of company's tech lead, very straight forward without traps and awkward attempts to fail.
    And a third meeting, for a final soft skill match exam, with a relevant director and a vice president. This meeting ended with an offer.

Now, if you read those lines carefully you probably noticed that I've used a word 'meeting' rather than 'interview', I did so to express how I felt in those encounters. Online truly knows how to respect you and your time during the recruitment process!

It is my first working week here, but from what I see (the internal interactions) I can tell that the same proactively kind, respectful and professional attitude seems to be in Online's DNA.
    Very glad to join Online !!!

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2019.

Interview

Received request for an interview within three days of my application to Online. Following my first interview, I received my second interview within two days of the first interview. I was invited back for my third interview the day after my second.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience, what would you describe as the most delicate part of the stakeholder engagement towards problem solving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in May 2019.

Interview

There are four interviews in the company's interview process.

1 - First interview was with HR. They had reached out to me after an employee had referred me. This interview consists of basic interview questions to understand your experience, background, and personality. The interviewer went over their interview process and next steps. They were able to answer many of the questions I had about life at the company.

2- The second interview was the technical interview. I was matched with an employee who had similar interests/background and we discussed things relating to the position itself. This interview is to judge your competency for a given position. This is the interview that you must be most prepared for, especially if your position is technical. Be prepared to discuss your previous experience in detail and how the company could capitalize on your knowledge and skills.

3- The third interview was with the director I would most likely be reporting to. We discussed a bit of my background and skills, but by this point, your level of competency has already been determined and if you make it this far, the company feels you are technically competent enough to fulfill the position. This interview is to ensure you are a proper fit for the company and the company's culture. It was far more of a personality test than an interview. There are no wrong answers - it is about your personality. The company is very focused on finding employees who are the "right fit", so you either are or are not.

4- The fourth interview is the offer interview. This is with HR and the Director/VP for your role. They explain the offer in detail and let you ask any questions you need. You are given a time frame to respond to the offer.

Interview Questions

• In a consulting role, we (the company) are essentially "selling" you as a ___________ (in my case, an analyst) to prospective clients. Some people become uneasy at this thought. What are your thoughts?   1 Answer

24 Jun 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed response. We are currently working on revamping our Interview process and questions to ensure they properly capture who we are and at the same time better help us determine overall fit. We continually try to create a great candidate experience so that you also have all the information you need to make a well informed decision and are excited at the prospect of joining our team. If you have any suggestions after going through the interview process on what we can do to improve, please contact a member of our recruiting team.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral, The process took two weeks since the first meeting, they were three interviews and some days after the last appointment they did me the offer, all the meetings happened at the Online Business System Office at Winnipeg, MA

Interview Questions

Online Business Systems Response

11 Feb 2019 – Chief People Officer

Welcome to the team! Thanks for providing feedback on the process.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview with HR and technical interview I passed by phone, because I was abroad. The last interview with manager I passed face to face. Each of interviews were very professional and took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How will I check the application, if the time is limited   Answer Question

Manager, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Online Business Systems by a former colleague who is now a consultant for them and is loving it! He connected me with someone in talent attraction, who reached out to me right away to set up my first interview. She was amazing! It was an excellent conversation and I was excited to hear back from them to set up my next interview. Over the next few weeks, I met with 7 executives during 5 interviews. Everyone seemed genuinely curious about my experience and excited about what I could potentially contribute. They answered my many questions candidly and were always welcoming. Once the series of interviews was done, they requested references and set up my final meeting where I was presented an offer. I accepted without hesitation!

Interview Questions

Online Business Systems Response

30 Jan 2019 – Chief People Officer

Let’s start by saying we are glad you joined us! Over 50% of our hires come in through referrals. We know that great people want to work with other great people so this remains our most effective means of finding the next generation of Onliners. We are also glad that your interview experience was a positive one. We know you are interviewing us every bit as much as we are interviewing you. We really want it to be a great fit for both of us and that is why we ask candidates to meet with several Onliners along the way. We believe that by the end of the interview process you should have a good idea about who we are, whether we are the right fit, and whether the job is the right one for you. Looks like that happened and we are happy you decided to join the team.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

Set up interview thru email.
    Went to location. Had me sign in on a tablet. It was problematic. Must have been a Windows tablet.
    Sat down with a person from H.R. for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you done any test planning   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

The first meeting was for the HR interview. Then I came back for the technical interview with one of their senior consultants. Then last one was for the business development people to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Standard background questions. For the technical part, some general .NET and SQL questions.   Answer Question

OCM/BA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred through a current employee. The interview process began with a Senior Recruiter, then competency leads, Director and the VP.
    The interview process is long with a number of interviews. This is explained to you from the outset and the interviews are more about who you are and what experience, skills and knowledge you can bring to the company. I preferred this style of interviewing and hiring as it provides the opportunity for you to get to know the company as well them getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

I met with HR, other analysts, manager and regional VP. The process began from a cultural fit perspective (HR) and moved to technical interview (peer) and then to the manager and finally the VP.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, situational questions, short and long-term goals, interests, etc.   Answer Question

3 May 2017 – Director, People Care

Sounds like the process and timing worked as we would like it to. Cultural fit is always at the forefront of all our interviews. Glad you decided to join us!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.