Online Business Systems Interview Questions in Winnipeg, MB | Glassdoor.co.uk

Online Business Systems Interview Questions in Winnipeg, MB

Interviews at Online Business Systems

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

There are multiple interviews as part of this process. The first interview is with Human Resources and then if you are selected to move forward, you will interview with a technical resource in your area of expertise. Additional interviews may include additional technical and executive level interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach <insert a business problem>?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was quite long and drawn out with long periods of silence. I had twelve interviews with different people throughout the organization. Everyone was very kind and a pleasure to meet. Overall, I didn't get the feeling they were all that interested in hiring me and bringing me on-board.

Interview Questions

• Can you find yourself your first client engagement? (Paraphrase - not an exact quote)   1 Answer

Online Business Systems Response

3 May 2017 – Director, People Care

Wow! That could be the most interviews ever. I am glad you decided to join us and hope the experience continues to only get better. Please feel free to drop me a note or give me a call so I can understand what the series of events were that led to such a delay and a less than positive experience. Hoping we can learn from this. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Funnily enough, the QA rep who was to take my interview wasn't available that day, but since I had a good chunk of BA experience, a senior BA took my interview. It was thorough, detailed and brain-wracking, but the perfect questions asked to help get every little detail of my prior experience out.

Interview Questions

• SDLC process questions, roles of the QA and BA in it, describing output deliverables, several client situation based scenarios posed and judged based on responses to tough situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

There are several interview steps at Online.

1. The Character Interview - This interview is with an HR person, most likely the individual that recruited you. You should expect to answer typical interview questions focused on discovering a bit more about you personally. The goal of this interview is to determine if you are a good fit for the culture at Online and does little to determine your technical ability.

2. The Technical Interview - This interview is focused on determining your technical knowledge. You will likely be interview by multiple individuals, typically Senior Consultants with experience related to your area of expertise (i.e. Java, .NET, Oracle, etc.). Some interview musts: Understand the SOLID principals, have a good understanding of best practices in Unit Testing. Understand concepts related to ORM tools, IoC containers, and be able to talk about modern features of your programming language of choice.

3. The "Are you an Onliner?" Interview - This interview will be with either a director or VP and is usually the last hurdle before receiving an offer. The intent is to make a final determination of your overall consulting skills (both technical and soft skills). How do you handle yourself? What are your overall communication skills like? What would you be like if placed in front of a client? It's also a final sign-off of whether you're a good fit for the Online culture. If you make it this far and don't get an offer, then you probably said or did something stupid during this interview. That said, it's not over if you don't receive an offer. Be professional and follow up with your interviewer. Find out what you may have done wrong and offer solutions.

Interview Questions

• I had to draw on a whiteboard how I would re-architect a poorly designed, single-layer, legacy application to become a more modern N-tier application, exposing a web service API to support a multilingual ASP.NET MVC front end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked during the third interview what my desired compensation was. I shot for the stars. They accepted with no counter offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

3 step interview