Openreach Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Openreach Interview Questions

Interviews at Openreach

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Openreach (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I had the online assessment centre (due to covid) prior to the interview I had plenty of communication over email closer to the interview I recieved 3 emails one for a hub presentation lasted an hour or so then 2 interview invites 1 for a suitability interview and another for capability overall it was a positive experience over Skype I passed but have to wait for an email for a position in my area

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach.

Interview

I applied on January 12/13th. I recieved an almost immediate invitation to a video interview which I done within a couple days. (You get 7 days to complete this) I heard back on Jan 21st detailing my success on this stage and an invitation to the Assessment Centre. This was held on Feb 10th.
    The video interview is not an interview as such. You get 4 questions which you need to record yourself answering. You get 2/3 practice runs to enable you the chance of smoothing your answer.
    The Assessment Centre was held virtually over Microsoft Teams. You will watch a presentation (approx 1hr 30m) at the beginning of the day. You will then have two seperate interviews lasting about 20 mins each, allocated at two different times of the day. One is a compatibility interview, the other is suitability. These interviews are conducted by two different people.
    To my luck, I received a response the very next day (I was relieved at how quick this was!) I have been successful and now awaiting details of when I can start.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe to me a situation when you had to resolve a difficult problem?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a time where you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of when you've dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Openreach and the engineering role?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever seen unsafe working and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • It's important to work safely, give me an example of when you've had to consider H&S and what was your approach?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Openreach.

Interview

Waited 7 months for have an interview. Okay Questions, last interview was rude, repeated the same questions and asked stupid questions such as; "Why do you want to dig holes?"

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Openreach (Hull, England).

Interview

Started off with a presentation lasted about an hour then two interviews one about health and safety and the other about customer service both pretty easy. Passes both interviews but no jobs in my area at the moment

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Openreach (Derby, England).

Interview

Simple online form where you submit your curriculum vitae followed by a four question video interview , simple questions about yourself , your hobbies, what you know about openreach etc
    Not heard back yet still early days.

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach.

Interview

Online video recorded with time provided for prep and answer, and two opportunities to record an answer for each question.
    Very typical one-way questions - the kind that need a bit of prep beforehand to say the right things.
    I got through the interview round but there is a long wait for the assessment day (haven't yet had an invitation).

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to Openreach?   1 Answer

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach.

Interview

The applications and interview was a speedy process, the first video interview was basic questions. The assessment centre was a brilliant experience and I learnt quite a bit. The second interview was very nerve wrecking

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how you are suitable to this role ?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

Online tests then video interview. Online tests are with cubics, you can find examples online. Then hirevue video interview which had 5 questions. Star type questions . Tell me a time...

Trainee Openreach Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Openreach (Accrington, England) in January 2021.

Interview

I applied online for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position in February 2019.

After going through the online process, involving situational tests and a video interview - I then received an email to inform me that I had passed and would be notified of when a position was available at an assessment centre.

Unfortunately I was off work between January - February 2020 so missed the invites to the physical assessment centres. After querying whether I was still going to be considered, I was told assessments had been postponed due to COVID.

Two weeks ago, I received an invitation to a virtual assessment centre which I instantly accepted and undertook on 20th January - made up of a presentation, an interview via Teams at around 9:15 which was two questions and around 20 minutes long before then having my last interview at 13:40 which again was two questions and around 20 minutes long. The interviewers were regional managers, who were both very welcoming and warming towards me.

I received an email less than 48 hours later to congratulate me on passing and that they’ll be in touch with a starting date - absolutely over the moon!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have seen a colleague break health & safety.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach (London, England) in January 2021.

Interview

Interview process was well designed considering the current covid situation. I was required to answer some pre recorded questions and record video answers. The next stage was two interviews over a video call. The whole process took roughly two months from applying online to receiving a job offer

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.