Openreach Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 143 of over 143 interviews

Recruiter2%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Openreach

Application

I interviewed at Openreach

Interview

Initial phone interview in March. Was told that I'd hear back within two weeks whether I was to be progressed onto the next stage (assessment day). Ghosted for next three months despite sending follow up emails. In July I was told that they were speaking to the hiring manager. Finally in August I was advised that the position had been filled! How difficult is it to send a 'regret email?'.

Interview Questions
  • What's more important, sales or service?
    Answer Question

Openreach

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach in Jun 2021

Interview

I receive a online invitation for my first interview through a platform Hirevue. I receive 4 question where I answer recording myself . The questions was basic eassy to answer if you make a little reasearch about company.

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach (Leeds, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

I received a call on a Wednesday, over 5 weeks since I applied for the role asking me if I could attend a Teams call on the Friday to which I agreed. I only knew the name of who I was talking to, didn't know what the job title was of this person and was told the interview would be with X person, again no job title. I was then told that I needed to prepare a presentation and details would be sent to me within 24 hours. I didn't receive and had to chase. I then had less than 24 hours to produce a presentation with limited information and had to make a lot of assumptions on the current internal set up and challenges. I received the teams invite, again, it told me who I was interviewing with but I had no idea on their job titles and if they were the hiring manger. Two people attended the interview and were 5 minutes late. I was instantly told the format of the interview and that their time was precious so had strictly one hour. I bleieved one to be the hiring manager and the second to be the same title but a different department. I was told to provide an overview of my career and highlight key achievements. I had prepped key examples based on the JD and was interrupted and told that I was providing answers that could be used for their competency questions that they had written. How was I supposed to know? The ability to share my screen was disabled so emailed one person my presentation and while waiting for it to go through and on the screen I asked questions. There were 20 minutes remaining of the interview of which 15 was for the presentation. I then started to present, aware of the timings (I am used to this) and from the beginning, one lady was texting on her phone so I lost interest. How rude. I was told after 5 minutes to wrap up to which I said I'm done. I said I had no more questions and found them rude and one of them very abrupt. I was told they had several interview lined up and I'd hear back in three weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. From the initial opening of the call, I knew the interview was not going to go well. They didn't even want to be there. The prep was unfair and the process was diabolical. While looking for a new role, and as a senior professional, I have put together and conducted several presentations and received more than one job offer and have since made my decision. I'm keen to see how long the process takes given you apply through ATS so would have expected an automated email telling me I was not successful- they can't even be bothered to do that.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Openreach

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach

Interview

Had 4 video questions, each giving you an opportunity to re-do. As long as you do your research I'm sure you'll do fine. Know about the company, the role, your previous experience and what you offer etc..

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Openreach

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach

Interview

a full Presentation about a company and a role and then 2 one on one interviews. - Suitability interview - Capability Interview The questions mostly about your experiences and how you deal with problems you will get the result within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Experience of when you have problems at work and how did you solve it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openreach (Birmingham, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was very good nice and easy just be sure to do your research about the company Beforehand just so you can be a little more in depth with your answers rather than keeping answers general also keep in mind the job description and the companies values when answering any questions as the interviewer is looking for those specific qualities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Openreach

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openreach in Apr 2021

Interview

Had a telephone interview and was advised that I would be called back for next interview. Waited ages, then called them and was advised they were waiting on Covid update. Then they never returned any further communications with me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Openreach

Application

I interviewed at Openreach

Interview

Applied online, then had a brief introduction call followed by a more in depth interview - due to the current pandemic situation this was all conducted using video chat which is more than reasonable given the current circumstances

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Openreach (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

I had the online assessment centre (due to covid) prior to the interview I had plenty of communication over email closer to the interview I recieved 3 emails one for a hub presentation lasted an hour or so then 2 interview invites 1 for a suitability interview and another for capability overall it was a positive experience over Skype I passed but have to wait for an email for a position in my area

Interview Questions
63 people found this interview helpful

Openreach

Application

I interviewed at Openreach

Interview

Simple and easy to apply, kept informed of the progress throughout the process and their open-day and face to face interviews were casual and gave you no stress or worry. The 4 part interview was well thought out and great fun.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Interviews