Optiver Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Optiver Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at Optiver

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optiver (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I did the online assessment on HackerRank. There are three parts to it. The first part is mental math, fairly easy and typical. The second part is puzzles, some sequences, some logic questions, some probability. The third part is betting strategies where they give you a fixed amount of money, probabilities of parties winning, and ask how you would bet and why (you can write out a free text response)

Interview Questions

• How would you bet with $100 on a bracket with 4 teams (given probabilities of the teams winning)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Optiver

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Optiver.

Interview

Basic trading questions regarding delta gamma etc a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Trader Interview

Interview

A lot of mental maths and option interview questions. Example: Vega, delta, gamma, rho.
    how to quickly calculate straddle price
    write down BS equation
    how to long gamma and collect theta.
    how to trade skew
    how to trade convexity

Trader Interview

Interview

Online Math Test, Didn't get past this part but afterwards there's a phone screen and then an on site interview.
    Not really sure what else to put for this section but I have to fill the 30 word minimum

Interview Questions

• Betting section (odds of events vs. betting odds, formulate a strategy)   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optiver.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation for first-round phone screen shortly after. Spoke with the recruiter discussing basic behavioural questions-- had a very nice conversation. A few weeks later, received invitation for technical phone screen with one of the traders. Did not make it any further.

Interview Questions

• A series of questions regarding picking cards from a deck. Wish I played poker.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

4 rounds in total. mental math, phone screen. last round onsite, with mental math, pattern recognition and lots of market making games. requires sound understanding of Bayesian update.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Optiver (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Made it to the final onsite interview which involved a number of challenges and analytic puzzles. At the onsite interview, there were card games, dice games, as well as a market simulation test. The behavioural portion was an expansion upon an earlier phone call.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optiver in February 2018.

Interview

The numerical test was fine, was reasonably basic mental math and speed based, the second one was behavioral, pretty typical with questions like, why did you choose Optiver, why do you like trading etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optiver (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Lots of phone rounds, then an onsite. The questions were ill-posed and not very interesting, turned me off to the experience. Felt similar to many of the option trading firms in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Expected value of a dice roll if you can re-roll to get a higher number.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Optiver (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I initially did a mental math challenge. Afterwards, I was given a technical phone screening then an on-site interview, which consisted of three rounds of technical interviews. Very good process overall - recruiting and others were very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Probability/trading related questions and behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.