Oxford BioMedica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.5

Sort:

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oxford BioMedica (Oxford, England).

Interview

very friendly. a presentation was required. chats with the main manager and a lab tour. no technical questions - more of a personality assessment to check you fit with the team, however, despite positive feedback they chose someone with more experience in the role.

QC Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford BioMedica (Oxford, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and answered the application questions fully. was offered an interview where i had to give a presentation about quality control. i did my research for this and made sure i was prepared. i then got called back for a second interview to meet the team i would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation about how important quality control is   1 Answer

Quality Systems Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford BioMedica (Oxford, England) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied trough their website after 2 weeks they invited me for an interview.
    The interview is very basic and standard. They asked me to talk about me , than they asked what I would have brought within the company.. and other general questions ..such as : why do you want to work here. The environment is very friendly and everything went smoothly.

Quality Product Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Basic F2F interview, basic questions, everything went smoothly. They seemed very optimistic about my application. But at the end I think this has been just a "fake interview" they don't want to employ anyone , indeed I am following them and in the last forth month they are opening exactly the same positions ( at least for the quality role). Horrible behaviour. Do not give false hope to people.

Interview Questions

• Tell ma about your self. What GMP means for you. Why have you applied for this job etc etc   Answer Question

Upstream Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxford BioMedica (Oxford, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Initially I sent my CV off with some short answer questions. Didn’t really expect to hear back but I was invited to an interview a little later on.

The interview included a 5 min presentation (with PowerPoint) and questions. I chose to present another paper (journal club style) but other people had chosen to present their own projects or just a presentation about themselves and their own skills.

The 4 interviewers were not very receptive to the presentation and were quite unfriendly compared to every other company I’ve been interviewed at. There were follow up questions about the paper I presented, about me, about the company itself and the work they did in producing lentiviral vectors. They seemed to interview a lot of candidates for things, they were interviewing 10 people that day for different roles and I think at least 10 for the role I applied for. It probably helps a lot if you went to oxford and/or have contacts with the company.

After the interview there was a tour of the labs. Unlike most places they don’t reimburse travel costs so that’s something to consider if you’re not from the south east.

Interview Questions

• What is gene therapy? How does it work? Can you give me different examples of it?   Answer Question
    • How would you scale up the bioreactor process to industrial scale?   Answer Question
    • Do you know anyone who works here?   Answer Question

Scientist-automatization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oxford BioMedica (Oxford, England).

Interview

it consisted by 10 mins presentation followed by questions and lab tour. It was bad as they are clearly looking for a good technician with computer skills and I had 10+ R&D experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.