Oxford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2017

3.1

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 5 minutes presentation on my most recent research project, followed with questions regarding my research. Other questions were standard job interview questions.

Questions were very technical

Result announced 2 weeks after the interview

Professor Interview

Interview

Very stimulating interview. Smart people. Friendly demeanor. Beautiful campus. Long history of great intellectualism. Would definitely recommend this employer to other smart, research active faculty.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University in January 2015.

Interview

The skype interview lasts for 25 minutes, including 5mins presentation+ 20 mins Q&A session. There are 4 panelists from the department, two directors who are in charge of general recruitment and they lead the interview and asked some very general questions, such as why did you choose this course, what are your career goals, how your experience in the past qualify you for the course and what challenges you are expecting from this course etc.
    The other two panelists are project leader and statistic expert. Asked some really tough technical questions related to the research project.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxford University (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very causal -- we only did a phone interview, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. It was much more of a discussion about my preferences and ability to cope in a remote location, as the job was quite intense in rural South Africa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The job description indicated the position reported to Professor A. I spent time applying for and preparing for the interview with this in mind. At the very end of the interview they told me the post would report to Professor B managing a very different project. A complete waste of time! I would not have applied for this position if I'd known.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in April 2017.

Interview

on line cv and letter with selection criteria that I filled, then e-mail and arranged an interview. interview came with a test that I was not able to do and this made for a poor interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want job, tell us how you will organise our chemicals, given us example of conflict   1 Answer

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

There were basically two interviews, one before the formally applying where I met with the researchers, it was very casual, they asked me to explain to them what i previously did in my research internships. They proceeded with explaining their research project to me while asking me questions to make sure I understood. The second interview was after I was shortlisted after the formal online application process. I was sent an email and given a weekend to prepare a half-hour presentation on a relevant scientific subject that I would give during a skype interview with several members of the group. That was followed by a series of questions where they would continue with follow up questions until you couldn't answer anymore. Overall, it was pretty smooth and they were very friendly. I would advise however to prepare for the presentation very well and make sure you understand everything about what you will present. For the first step, I would advise brushing up on everything you did during your previous research projects.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the phase velocity of light when the refractive index becomes negative ?   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an interview in the Development Office where I had to give a presentation on how I would approach the first two years in the position. After that I was asked a series of questions designed to test me on my suitability for the role and my motivation for applying.

Receptionist, Department of Earth Sciences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview had 2 parts, a scenario in word and the actual interview with ruffly 10 questions. For the scenario I had 10 minutes and it was like that" you just arrived at work and you have a guest wanting to visit somebody from the department, the phone rings and an angry teacher is looking for some notes. How do you prioritise the tasks, was one of the questions. I do not remember the secOnd one. After I finished the scenario I had to wait around 10 minutes for the second part.
    The panel consisted in 2 people, one was friendly and the other one too serious. I asked for feedback since 3 week and I haven't heard frOm them since

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.