Oxford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxford University Interview Questions

Interviews at Oxford University

3.1

Lecturer Interview

Interview

Panel interview by three academics. Took about 30 minutes. Started with 5 minute prepared presentation and then about 25 minutes of questions. Very straightforward. I was called by the Head of Department later the same day and offered the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

Wrote an email to Paul and he replied the very next day with an invite to come and chat with an engineer. It was a tour of the lab and I showed my code on an app I was making. Awesome place.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 5 minutes presentation on my most recent research project, followed with questions regarding my research. Other questions were standard job interview questions.

Questions were very technical

Result announced 2 weeks after the interview

Professor Interview

Interview

Very stimulating interview. Smart people. Friendly demeanor. Beautiful campus. Long history of great intellectualism. Would definitely recommend this employer to other smart, research active faculty.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with PI. General questions on previous experiments and funding status. We previously met on a conference which may add-up to the performance. We had a follow-up meeting two weeks later about the scholarship issue.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the balance between simulation and experiments   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University in January 2015.

Interview

The skype interview lasts for 25 minutes, including 5mins presentation+ 20 mins Q&A session. There are 4 panelists from the department, two directors who are in charge of general recruitment and they lead the interview and asked some very general questions, such as why did you choose this course, what are your career goals, how your experience in the past qualify you for the course and what challenges you are expecting from this course etc.
    The other two panelists are project leader and statistic expert. Asked some really tough technical questions related to the research project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose this particular course   1 Answer
    • How would you carry out the xx part research of your proposed project   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxford University (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very causal -- we only did a phone interview, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. It was much more of a discussion about my preferences and ability to cope in a remote location, as the job was quite intense in rural South Africa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Interview

Two interviews. One was based on my personal statement, the other required me to analyse a poem. I had a choice of two poems, picked one and got an hour beforehand to go through it before being called in.

Interview Questions

• Based off of books that I had mentioned on my personal statement, although there was a general trend whereby they would reference said books, then ask if I had read something similar/a book that used a similar technique/discussed a similar theme in a different way.

What is the. most powerful book you've ever read?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Interview

two interviews in different colleges, one of which being one's first choice. Best candidates from tests before interview are invited to interview and one receives one's offer after Christmas. Two interviewers in each interview, with all interviews very smoothly and thoroughly done.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.