Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 238 of over 238 interviews

In Person8%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

it was an overall very positive xperience, and the interview committee was very accommodating. The interview was about 1 h long on the zoom (or some equivalent). Looking back, I made a very good decision :)

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe your current research project?
    Answer Question

Oxford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

First 2 interviews I had were great. They were kind and supportive. However the third interview they couldn't seem to care less and looked like they just wanted to get it over with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

You interview with tutors who will ask you maths problems. They're trying to see you're problem solving skills and how you think. Also I think it's fine if you get stuck - they'll give you hints and try to see how you learn.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

Difficult and challenging but I used my lived experience to acknowledge the problem. I also used a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods to work through these challenges. I was questioned about my previous work experience and asked to elaborate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Actually good. But Skype is unfamiliar for me. Questions are all about my previous research experience and a really tricky question as well, which is about the replication crisis. Also, they asked me to prepare a PPT presentation for about 20 minutes.

Oxford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

it last half an hour, HR, head of the department, and course director were theres. they first asked me to introduce myself and then asked some questions about your thoughts about the project and plans for the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Applied on line and then asked to come for face to face interview. Arrived 10 minutes before interview time told by agency who arranged to be told i told i was to be shown around which was going to be in 5 minutes and then this took 20 minutes to happen. Then found that this lasted 10 minutes and then to wait again before being interviewed in another 10 minutes. Interview felt like no one wanted to be there and that there no prepared and was ad hoc questions. Found out later they were interviewing 6 people in total in one day. Got feed back i was nervous and should do more interview practise. I got the impression they dont do many interviews as you wouldnt do it on a friday and all the candidates in one day. Also you are suppose to make the candidates relaxed to get the best out of them not ask questions . Not just running through the mill of interview questions and not able to explain what you want.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

I got the interview invitation 4 days after the application deadline and was interviewed in a month. At the end of the interview, the director said keep in touch to me but I lost the touch.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. The first stage involved a specialist Oxford University recruitment representative conducting a 30-minute screening interview to determine your fit for the role in terms of experience and qualifications. The second stage involved a competency-based interview requiring the use of the STAR approach to answer all questions (the recruitment representatives provided a prior call and instructions to help to prepare you for the process). This interview took 1 hour and used challenging questions asking for you to demonstrate times you have demonstrated each of the key skills required to be effective in the role. The 3rd interview involved a presentation lasting 10 minutes demonstrating the strategy you would use to develop the incubator. Then you were asked questions about this presentation and were provided with the opportunity to ask detailed questions about the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (London, England)

Interview

Virtual interview lasting 30 minutes. The interviewers were prompt and well-organised. I had issues with sound during my interview, and they gave me time to reconnect on a different device. I haven't received an outcome yet.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself - walk us through your CV and how you got to where you are now.
  • Why is it important to handle data accurately?
  • What does quality control mean to you?
  • Describe a time where you noticed something wrong and what you did to fix it.
  • What would you do if you wanted to introduce change to a procedure?
  • What experience do you have with programming and liquid handling robots?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 238 Interviews