Oxford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2018

3.1

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 5 minutes presentation on my most recent research project, followed with questions regarding my research. Other questions were standard job interview questions.

Questions were very technical

Result announced 2 weeks after the interview

Professor Interview

Interview

Very stimulating interview. Smart people. Friendly demeanor. Beautiful campus. Long history of great intellectualism. Would definitely recommend this employer to other smart, research active faculty.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University in January 2015.

Interview

The skype interview lasts for 25 minutes, including 5mins presentation+ 20 mins Q&A session. There are 4 panelists from the department, two directors who are in charge of general recruitment and they lead the interview and asked some very general questions, such as why did you choose this course, what are your career goals, how your experience in the past qualify you for the course and what challenges you are expecting from this course etc.
    The other two panelists are project leader and statistic expert. Asked some really tough technical questions related to the research project.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxford University (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very causal -- we only did a phone interview, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. It was much more of a discussion about my preferences and ability to cope in a remote location, as the job was quite intense in rural South Africa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

Applied online, offered an interview for a week later and asked to make a presentation and send it in the Friday before. Turned up, presented then was asked several questions.

Student Interview

Interview

3 academics asked questions on my personal statement, then broadened into other biology; I was given a graph and had to draw some population curves. Had a second interview the same day, similar but 2 interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a fossil; describe jar of algae; life in space; population structures   Answer Question

D Phil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

It was very smooth. It started with the general question then my research experience followed by some technical questions. Finally the discussion the the paper I was asked to read

Interview Questions

• Why DPhil, why oxford, why me, why not master's degree(I directly applied for DPhil after my undergrad), some general technical questions, what are your interests etc.   1 Answer

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was quite technical, I had to prepare a presentation about a research project I was involved in. The atmosphere was very pleasant, although the rate and difficulty of questions made the interview quite intense.

Interview Questions

• To clarify some aspects of my research proposal.
      To clarify some technical aspects of my presentation.   Answer Question

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

I interviewed at the Department of Engineering Science with two interviewers. It last around 45mins. It is worth noting that interviews for prospective DPhil student do depend on the research group you are applying for and thus the number of interviewers and the duration of the interview do vary.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.