Oxford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2018

3.1

Professor Interview

Interview

Very stimulating interview. Smart people. Friendly demeanor. Beautiful campus. Long history of great intellectualism. Would definitely recommend this employer to other smart, research active faculty.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University in January 2015.

Interview

The skype interview lasts for 25 minutes, including 5mins presentation+ 20 mins Q&A session. There are 4 panelists from the department, two directors who are in charge of general recruitment and they lead the interview and asked some very general questions, such as why did you choose this course, what are your career goals, how your experience in the past qualify you for the course and what challenges you are expecting from this course etc.
    The other two panelists are project leader and statistic expert. Asked some really tough technical questions related to the research project.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 5 minutes presentation on my most recent research project, followed with questions regarding my research. Other questions were standard job interview questions.

Questions were very technical

Result announced 2 weeks after the interview

Clinical Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxford University (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very causal -- we only did a phone interview, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. It was much more of a discussion about my preferences and ability to cope in a remote location, as the job was quite intense in rural South Africa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

Wrote an email to Paul and he replied the very next day with an invite to come and chat with an engineer. It was a tour of the lab and I showed my code on an app I was making. Awesome place.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in April 2017.

Interview

on line cv and letter with selection criteria that I filled, then e-mail and arranged an interview. interview came with a test that I was not able to do and this made for a poor interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want job, tell us how you will organise our chemicals, given us example of conflict   1 Answer

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

I applied for a CTA position on the University's website. A few days after the submission deadline, I was contacted to attend an interview in Oxford a week or so later. The HR person I was contacted by was rather lax. They told me the interview would include a written test but could not tell me what the test would be about. They also said I should keep my receipts because "reasonable expenses" incurred to attend the interview could be claimed back. When I showed up on the day, they said I could have told them I had to fly in for the interview, as they would have been open to a Skype interview in that case. This was regardless of the fact that my current country of residence was clearly indicated in my job application. The interview itself was with a 3-people panel including an investigator involved in the trial. Although the panelists did not go out of their way to be friendly, the atmosphere during the interview was not tense and the questions were rather straightforward. Unfortunately, the Department is now refusing to refund my travel expenses because they have been deemed "not reasonable". Considering I was very parsimonious (low cost flight, 1 night in a B&B, cheap meals), I wonder what would have been considered reasonable. I would not recommend interviewing here unless you have money to waste.

Interview Questions

• After being given time to read the overview of a clinical trial, I was asked to explain what it was about.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford University in February 2008.

Interview

The interview process was as you would expect in an Academic environment. No formal HR procedures. Character differences in panel apparent. Mostly good questions, but more keen to speak than listen.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Used website and contacted via e-mail, panel interview with test, waited over a week and then I had to contact them to find out results. Was not given much feedback.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.