Oxford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated 1 Feb 2018

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 5 minutes presentation on my most recent research project, followed with questions regarding my research. Other questions were standard job interview questions.

Questions were very technical

Result announced 2 weeks after the interview

Professor Interview

Interview

Very stimulating interview. Smart people. Friendly demeanor. Beautiful campus. Long history of great intellectualism. Would definitely recommend this employer to other smart, research active faculty.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University in January 2015.

Interview

The skype interview lasts for 25 minutes, including 5mins presentation+ 20 mins Q&A session. There are 4 panelists from the department, two directors who are in charge of general recruitment and they lead the interview and asked some very general questions, such as why did you choose this course, what are your career goals, how your experience in the past qualify you for the course and what challenges you are expecting from this course etc.
    The other two panelists are project leader and statistic expert. Asked some really tough technical questions related to the research project.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxford University (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very causal -- we only did a phone interview, and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. It was much more of a discussion about my preferences and ability to cope in a remote location, as the job was quite intense in rural South Africa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

D Phil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

It was very smooth. It started with the general question then my research experience followed by some technical questions. Finally the discussion the the paper I was asked to read

Interview Questions

• Why DPhil, why oxford, why me, why not master's degree(I directly applied for DPhil after my undergrad), some general technical questions, what are your interests etc.   1 Answer

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England).

Interview

I interviewed at the Department of Engineering Science with two interviewers. It last around 45mins. It is worth noting that interviews for prospective DPhil student do depend on the research group you are applying for and thus the number of interviewers and the duration of the interview do vary.

Computer Scientist/Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University in November 2017.

Interview

- Application (i.e. standard (personal) information)
    - Admission Test (algorithms, data structures, probability and statistics, mathematics and relation to computer science)
    - Cover Letter (up to two pages. Motivate university choice and your fit within the informatics department)
    - 3 Reference letters (academic references)
    - Follow-up exercises (3 day deadline)
    - Skype interview
    - Offer email or rejection email (after seven weeks)

Interview Questions

• Question on probability and statistics, graph theory and dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The job description indicated the position reported to Professor A. I spent time applying for and preparing for the interview with this in mind. At the very end of the interview they told me the post would report to Professor B managing a very different project. A complete waste of time! I would not have applied for this position if I'd known.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England) in April 2017.

Interview

on line cv and letter with selection criteria that I filled, then e-mail and arranged an interview. interview came with a test that I was not able to do and this made for a poor interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want job, tell us how you will organise our chemicals, given us example of conflict   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.