Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 221 of over 221 interviews

In Person7%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

The interview comprised of presentation followed by questions related to the presentation past experiences and skills discussiom Asked for a presentation followed by discussion cc cv review Overall pleasant experience And relevant skills check Initial screening involved cv and cover letter Technical questions

Interview Questions
  • Experience
    Answer Question

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

Professional. The interview was short but to the point, and provided multiple ways for students to showcase their knowledge and skills. You will be interviewed by two professors, answering different questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

I had three separate interviews with fellows and senior academics at two colleges. This was done over a couple of days. All interviews covered basic biology and chemistry but also went beyond the expected knowledge of a high school student.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

Challenging, very insightful, competitive and the time was goodYou can tell a lot in about 30 minutes, even if you need more than that to make a final decision. So short interviews aren't necessarily a bad thing. Then again … sometimes a short interview is simply because we know right away, for any number of reasons, that it's a bad match. Here are some clues that help you know if a short interview might still turn out well in the end: What was their body language? Were they leaning in toward you? Were they smiling warmly and nodding as you answered? Was there good eye contact during the discussions? Did they seem to get friendlier as the interview went on? Did they spend time telling you things about the company, as if they wanted you to want them? Did the interviewer look at you more often than at his or her notes or watch or the interview room door? Did the interviewer start to tell you about what it's like to work there, as opposed to what the job is? Did you feel a sincere connection with the interviewer?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford University in Apr 2021

Interview

I received invitation for interview around one week after the closing date for the job application, and interviewed a week later. The interview was over Teams due to coronavirus, and was with a panel of 3 PIs involved in the project. I gave a 5 minute presentation on my research experience, followed by a few questions on this, and around 20 minutes of other interview questions. Questions mainly focused around how I would approach the project, relevant experience etc. Questions were very closely related to the essential/ desirable criteria in the job advert. It was a tough interview but a lot of preparation/ going through the criteria and thinking of examples paid off. References were requested from my referees 2 working days later, and I was given an offer as soon as these were sent in.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

A very well organized and efficient interview process. I was kept informed throughout all stages and never left in the dark regarding next steps. The opportunity progressed in good time so overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

A 20 minute presentation on your research was required, which you had a week to prepare for. Interview took 30 minutes with a panel. A mix of technical questions and those related to your research skills. Everything happened on the same day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied online for the job on the university website (CV + Covering letter) and was invited for an interview. The interview lasted for 40 minutes, including a 20 minute presentation on my current research. The interview was online due to COVID-19 lockdown.

Interview Questions
  • 90% of the questions were largely on the scientific subject I presented on. Why are you interested in this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the area of research? What would you say has been your greatest achievement?
1 person found this interview helpful

Oxford University

Application

I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

Had to show up for multiple days to have multiple interviews over the days to get in. Interview in each subject and had to go to a different college as well.

Interview Questions
  • Gave me a reading beforehand and made me answer maths based on the economics reading

Oxford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford University

Interview

I was asked to solve a bunch of math and physics problems on the spot and was probed about my thinking to see if i could follow through the harder modifications of the questions. overall a pleasant and enjoyable experience

Interview Questions
  • kinematics, geometry, general passions/strengths, graph sketching, integration, circuits
Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Interviews