Oxford University Press Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Oxford University Press

Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University Press (Oxford, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Friendly and informal. We were split into two groups. The first group did presentations first. Each had to work on their own, one person talking about the topic for 15 minutes to a member of the HR team. Then the second half of the process, was interview 1v1. Talk through CV for five minutes, and then 10 skills questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a bad team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oxford University Press

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxford University Press (Oxford, England) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Spain Secondary Editorial internship, so my interview focused a lot on my teaching experience. I was asked about how I engaged the children, what the future of teaching and education would look like, about my writing experience and other general questions like time management. They made a bigger deal about teaching than I had thought because in the ELT (English Language Teaching) department they're very focused on the theoretical side of teaching and most editors have teaching experience. I then had to complete a proofreading test, which was easy. I had 20-30 minutes to read a manuscript for a textbook and find formatting and spelling errors.

Interview Questions

• In your teaching experience, how did you engage and interest the children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a set salary and position for the internships, so negotiation wasn't possible.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.