PA Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Process followed an online application, telephone interview and assessment centre. It took place over December - January for a Summer Internship beginning in July. Only one position was available on the scheme.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

1st Round : Behavioral telephone
    2nd Round: Superday (technical, behavioral, group case)
    3rd Round: Call with Partner

The group case is still the Pyramid case that is mentioned all over glassdoor! I️ have a feeling they never change the case. As an FYI it is not possible to quantitatively evaluate all possible options, so make sure to divide the deliverables throughout the team.

The technical interview was not technical. It was mostly an evaluation as to what your perspectives are in the respective sector and where you think there are opportunities for growth. Most technical questions were specific to your previous project work on your resume.

Behavioral interview was the standard “tell me a time”.

Honestly, I️ got the impression (on multiple fronts) that they are struggling as a business (limited resources/ under utilized consultants/emphasis on limited clients). I️ frankly would not recommend if you are considering other management consulting firms, but ultimately the decision is up to you. Good luck!

FYI there travelling agency will fly you out and back on the same day for superday. Make sure they give you enough time to get to and from the airport.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a initial phone screen, AC day, and a final partner call. All interviews were behavioral except for a group case on AC day. The group case was an exercise advising a pyramid building company. The behavioral and technical interviews were indistinguishable. Everyone was extremely warm and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, "describe a time," industry/current events, and questions about the current state/future of the consulting industry   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was very structured and professional. Most of the interactions were handled through senior and junior HR personnel. They often went back and sought responses to many of the project related questions. I only met with the consultants during in person interviews. The process is quite standard for the more general management consulting firms

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for their firm?
      How I learned about them?
      What was my awareness of the firm from the public sphere?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

5 step process that involved multiple interviews; phone and in person. There was a group case study which was interesting to see what they were looking for. One on one was pretty generic, they wanted to know why I wanted to work there and what set me apart from other applicants.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview 1-2 weeks after applying online, talked to HR manager, 30 to 45 min long. Questions asked are standard, culture, my resume, location, pay. 1 week later had 1 more phone interview with principal consultant. It was standard behavior interview, mostly about my resume. Then flied to NYC for onsite. 3 session, 1st group discussion with 2 other candidates, then 2 sessions with 2 employees, 1 at a time.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Boulder, CO (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. 30-minute interview inquiring about my previous work experience. I discussed my previous work experience that was on my resume. Received a rejection e-mail 2 weeks following the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring & interview process was very fast - after an on-campus behavioral interview with a Principal, I was flown to Denver, CO 1-2 weeks later for the final round interviews.

Final rounds was very interesting
    1. Starting with free lunch with the employees
    2. A 4-man team group case interview (first time doing one)
    3. 2 behavioral interviews (2 people each)
    4. A 30-minute essay writeup (pretty abrupt, really startled me)
    5. 2 more behavioral interviews (2-3 people each)

Then... voila! interviews are over. I thought it was pretty interesting, intense, but not as hard/meticulous as the traditional MBB ones.

I am about to go into the company, but I am I guess a little cautious about the company's culture (Global Energy & Utilities) - in most of the behavioral interviews, they seemed to constantly emphasize the point of long working hours, which may/may not indicate bad work-life balance. We will have to find out!

Interview Questions

• How many palindromes are between 0 and 1,000?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not yet accepted.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview process took way too long and interview format was very formal. Couldnt tell what their culture/personalities were like. Made it to the final interviewed and then accepeted another offer because i couldnt continue to wait

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
    3. What are some of your strengths?
    4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Very professional. They value self-motivating candidates.

Interview Questions

• Group case study was challenging.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are open to negotiate with salary and location.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.